How you doing in the "League"

casey

1 hour ago, blaa said:

oh, 101 players, that's interessting, especially since sovereign is complaining on discord about the cheaters, what a hypocrite

image.thumb.png.aec5526477c8931ba0056c50b643c4b2.png

they should get double punished for this, it's even more sad, that we had a lot of these players, not only exploiting, but also faking 'morals'

But, but, the other one managed to cheat... more! 🤣

• Haha 7

51 minutes ago, Kenrae said:

But, but, the other one managed to cheat... more! 🤣

yeah, he got fucked trying to be a smart cheater - probably trying to get the perfect score, but lost a battle cause of RNG and then waited too long to finish the last few fights, so the not announced hotfix made it impossible to get more in the end (and probably used the bug not too massive, in case KK would look into it and he then still being able to deny it ("just used it once by accident"))

Edited by blaa
  • Like 3

Hello all. Thanks to new system (and also to x15 bug I think), I made my worse result since 6 months : 6th.

I should have cheat as KK thanks cheating.

Second league with no top 4 (2nd with the new combat system).

Akdar made his score on the first half day. Spheedy rushed the last day. 2 players not found unboosted : Akdar and Shin.

So a top 15...

101 oponents, 5 loss (lucky one time !) against Akdar and Shin, average 23,98 (the best I ever made but it means nothing :) ).

1765831099_Captureligues..JPG.edd136723104dbdf1cb4ab3f947dbf00.JPG

No prevision for the next league as I've to learn about this new system with a non cheated league.

Very high levels and P2W players (7 mythiques and more than 700 girls with a lvl around 450 and  who have a few months less than me in seniority) seem to have a great advantage over me.

Edited by Troctout
  • Like 8

On 7/29/2021 at 8:20 PM, blaa said:

oh, well, i lost a couple of fights, where the opponent had to hit 2 or more crits to get me to 15, so RNG has a much wider range know - also for mid-level players like myself i am basically on at least 30-40% of the fights on the edge, i.e. only 25 with the same amount of crits or where opponents need 2 crits (mostly in 6 or 7 rounds)

(haven read it before, couldnt quote in my previous post, so if a moderator wants, he could merge the two posts, wasnt intentional)

edit: to add some anecdotical data: in my current league i made (already) 66 fights, there were 6 fights with players who need more than 3 crits to get me to 15, 3 fight were i needed 1 crit more to get 25 and the rest were fights were the opponnent needed 1 or 2 more crits than 1 to beat me.

Agaist the one player who I needed 1 crit more, i got 25 one time. In all the other 57 fights (19 players) I got 14 x15s, - in almost 25% of my fights other players made at least one crit more than I (excluded form this data is my crit on the last hit, since it's useless); most of the time we had similar harmony, in some cases mine was worse and in some better

Yea, RNG has basically unlimited opportunities to fuck with you nowadays.

Oh, nothing like losing 10 points against an unboosted glass cannon 50 lvl beneath you who barely has any harmony, but manages to land 3 crits anyway while you get none...wonderful :D

Edited by La Kajira
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, La Kajira said:

Yea, RNG has basically unlimited opportunities to fuck with you nowadays.

Oh, nothing like losing 10 points against an unboosted glass cannon 50 lvl beneath you who barely has any harmony, but manages to land 3 crits anyway while you get none...wonderful :D

On the other hand, it goes both ways. I've gotten 25 points against opponents when I needed 2-3 crits more than him to do that.

Now I understand why they moved the crits from 50% total to 30% total. They were limited before. I'm not sure I'd have done it myself though, maybe that way jujubes would start being useful.

Edited by Kenrae

49 minutes ago, Kenrae said:

maybe that way jujubes would start being useful.

Lets see, just to save everyone's time from testing jujubes, I will provide the testing for you. 

Example: If both players have 60k harmony WITHOUT the increase from the club bonus.
Your chance to crit = 15%
Your opponent's chance to crit = 15%  

4 legendary jujubes would do the following: 20% increase per jujubes booster, so 4x = 80%. Keep in mind that if you're in a fully upgraded club, your harmony is already increased by 10%, and this doesn't stack with boosters. So it would be 80% from boosters + 10% from club bonuses (90%).

Your harmony = 60 x 1.9 = 114 (1.9 = 90% from club bonus and 4x legendary jujubes boosters)
Opponent's harmony = 60 x 1.1 = 66 (1.1 = 10% from club bonus)

Crit calculation: 0.3 x 114 / (114 + 66) = 0.19

Your chance to crit will go from 15% to 19%, so you get a total bonus of 4% extra chance to crit from 4 legendary jujubes boosters. Of course, your opponent's chance to crit goes down from 15% to 11%.

So now it's:
Your chance to crit = 19%
Your opponent's chance to crit = 11%

If your fights would last long enough for you to take 5 hits on average, then you would over the course of 3 performances take 15 hits, 0.11 x 15 = 1.65. Your opponent would crit 1.65 times by chance.
Without jujubes the opponents crit chance would be 15% so 0.15 x 15 = 2.25. 
2.25 - 1.65 = 0.6 decrease in total crits taken over 3 performances.
You will take about half a crit less during all 3 performances with jujubes. Meaning that against 2 opponents you will take ~1 less crit by chance.

If you take 5 hits that means you make 6 hits before the battle is over, 6 x 3 = 18.
With jujubes: 0.19 x 18 = 3.42
Without jujubes: 0.15 x 18 = 2.7
3.42 - 2.7 = 0.72 increase in total crits made during all 3 performances.
You will land just above half a crit more during 3 performances with jujubes. Meaning that against 2 opponents you will land ~1 additional crit by chance.

Conclusion: You will make a total of 0.72 more crits on average over the course of 3 performances thanks to 4x legendary jujubes boosters (that is if the average fight lasts long enough for you to make 6 hits).
In a bracket of 100 opponents that's 100 x 0.72 = 72.
In the meantime, your opponents will deal 0.6 less crits on average over the course of 3 performances.
In a bracket of 100 opponents that's 100 x 0.6 = 60.

End of the line: You will land roughly 72 more crits in total during all 300 performances with 4x legendary jujubes boosters, and take roughly 60 crits less in total.

I dunno, maybe I've miscalculated insanely hard somewhere so please do point it out if so and I'll just hide this entire post, don't wanna deal with rewriting it all again.
Now, up to you guys to decide if this sounds worth or not 😘

• Haha 3

27 minutes ago, Slynia said:

Lets see, just to save everyone's time from testing jujubes, I will provide the testing for you. 

Example: If both players have 60k harmony WITHOUT the increase from the club bonus.
Your chance to crit = 15%
Your opponent's chance to crit = 15%  

4 legendary jujubes would do the following: 20% increase per jujubes booster, so 4x = 80%. Keep in mind that if you're in a fully upgraded club, your harmony is already increased by 10%, and this doesn't stack with boosters. So it would be 80% from boosters + 10% from club bonuses (90%).

Your harmony = 60 x 1.9 = 114 (1.9 = 90% from club bonus and 4x legendary jujubes boosters)
Opponent's harmony = 60 x 1.1 = 66 (1.1 = 10% from club bonus)

Crit calculation: 0.3 x 114 / (114 + 66) = 0.19

Your chance to crit will go from 15% to 19%, so you get a total bonus of 4% extra chance to crit from 4 legendary jujubes boosters. Of course, your opponent's chance to crit goes down from 15% to 11%.

So now it's:
Your chance to crit = 19%
Your opponent's chance to crit = 11%

If your fights would last long enough for you to take 5 hits on average, then you would over the course of 3 performances take 15 hits, 0.11 x 15 = 1.65. Your opponent would crit 1.65 times by chance.
Without jujubes the opponents crit chance would be 15% so 0.15 x 15 = 2.25. 
2.25 - 1.65 = 0.6 decrease in total crits taken over 3 performances.
You will take about half a crit less during all 3 performances with jujubes. Meaning that against 2 opponents you will take ~1 less crit by chance.

If you take 5 hits that means you make 6 hits before the battle is over, 6 x 3 = 18.
With jujubes: 0.19 x 18 = 3.42
Without jujubes: 0.15 x 18 = 2.7
3.42 - 2.7 = 0.72 increase in total crits made during all 3 performances.
You will land just above half a crit more during 3 performances with jujubes. Meaning that against 2 opponents you will land ~1 additional crit by chance.

Conclusion: You will make a total of 0.72 more crits on average over the course of 3 performances thanks to 4x legendary jujubes boosters (that is if the average fight lasts long enough for you to make 6 hits).
In a bracket of 100 opponents that's 100 x 0.72 = 72.
In the meantime, your opponents will deal 0.6 less crits on average over the course of 3 performances.
In a bracket of 100 opponents that's 100 x 0.6 = 60.

End of the line: You will land roughly 72 more crits in total during all 300 performances with 4x legendary jujubes boosters, and take roughly 60 crits less in total.

I dunno, maybe I've miscalculated insanely hard somewhere so please do point it out if so and I'll just hide this entire post, don't wanna deal with rewriting it all again.
Now, up to you guys to decide if this sounds worth or not 😘

The math looks solid ^^
I'd just have one tiny objection and one actually meaningful adjustment.

The objection is that most games last longer than 6/5 hits. So I'd use 7/6 or 8/7 for the purposes of the calculation. But you are very high level, so...perhaps destroying our noobie asses only takes you 6 hits :D

The adjustment - In your 6/5 scenario, the 6th hit ends the game regardless of whether you crit, or not. So a crit there has no effect on the outcome and is therefore irrelevant. So I'd calculate with only the rolls that matter - 5 opportunities for crit on both sides instead of 5 and 6.

Thanks for the little wall of text anyway...been meaning to do several calculations on various things during the weekend. You just saved me one ^^

Edited by La Kajira

5 minutes ago, La Kajira said:

But you are very high levels, so...perhaps destroying noobies only takes you 6 hits :D

The average for me in this bracket is 5 hits with 4 cordyceps, so without any cordyceps it would most likely be 6 or 7 🙂
But yes, that's from the perspective of someone who is the highest leveled player in my bracket this week, so the number should definitely be higher for our average players, so do keep that in mind everyone. 

Regarding the last hit, I did think about it but decided to just keep the total in there anyway, a crit is still a crit, no matter how useless xD

On 7/29/2021 at 5:11 PM, jelom said:

Being 3rd after two bugged players is more than I was expecting last thursday, but it seems DvDiVxxx is right and now the high level is an advantage. Even if the new system benefits me I preferred the old one

I preferred the old system as well. Back then I had some really, really good chances to usurp higher level players if they did some stuff that was not optimal(which was usually very likely).
On the surface it looks like the developers tried to help the low level players by giving them access to 25 points at 51% health instead of 91%. But in reality, all the developers did was making it easier for high level players to not make mistakes, and giving them better chances of near perfect 25 average.

I think it's a case of good intentions backfiring😭

• Like 1

Is it possible that there's something weird about the luck distribution in the PvP fights? I haven't started a statistic yet but so far it seems to me like the pseudo-opponents are clearly advantaged, hitting their crits way more often than they should while the player underperforms horribly in this regard.

No need for me to whine about it, because it's not just my bad luck this time. Otherwise I clearly wouldn't be 700 points ahead of the guy who's 31st in my league at the moment (which is so much more relaxed than last week, cheater week, where I had to fight tooth and nail until the last minute to get 30th). But it still feels strange and has the potential to pointlessly frustrate a lot of players.

Is this just a brain fart or can anyone confirm my observation? If so, it's probably worth a bug report.

(I hope the ''700 points ahead'' part justifies posting this in the ''how you doing'' thread ;))

Edited by Moonlynx

18 minutes ago, Moonlynx said:

Is it possible that there's something weird about the luck distribution in the PvP fights? I haven't started a statistic yet but so far it seems to me like the pseudo-opponents are clearly advantaged, hitting their crits way more often than they should while the player underperforms horribly in this regard.

No need for me to whine about it, because it's not just my bad luck this time. Otherwise I clearly wouldn't be 700 points ahead of the guy who's 31st in my league at the moment (which is so much more relaxed than last week, cheater week, where I had to fight tooth and nail until the last minute to get 30th). But it still feels strange and has the potential to pointlessly frustrate a lot of players.

Is this just a brain fart or can anyone confirm my observation? If so, it's probably worth a bug report.

(I hope the ''700 points ahead'' part justifies posting this in the ''how you doing'' thread ;))

i cant confirm this observation, RNG seems to work his normal ways for me (not too good in my regard this week though), I also havent heared anything like this somewhere else.

My guess would be some psychological explanation: We tend to remember bad results/outcomes much more often than expected ones (i.e. somebody hitting 3 crits is more likely to remember than somebody hitting 1, and incidentally these who need 3 hits are those with the bad stats) and we tend to overestimate the occurance of these events

so, basically, RNG does what RNG does

since you had to justify your answer, i will try it too: what are you up to @windia? You gonna spank my ass soon or do you wait until thursday?

Edited by blaa
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I find this hard to believe, but there's only 2 minutes left...

image.thumb.png.e97e5e63343fde6786cab6900f9d5861.png

EDIT: Ok, I've been 4th! 😳 Something must have happened to Fran, I've only seen him have scores multiples of 25 and that's too low for his level even if playing casually. Well, I'm not going to complain :D .

Edited by Kenrae
  • Like 9

2nd. Still playing around with booster combos, but I made some silly mistakes, so could have scored higher.

101 players. 300 fights. wins: 299. losses: 1 (13 points).

Average: 23.96.

image.png.1344c7d5f991c3924f3b6147bade1c95.png

Good luck to all this week.

Edited by Hugh Jerexion
Double post.
  • Like 7

This was one scary bracket, so I'm kinda surprise...but I won't complain :D
Kind of amazed by Vampirash's massive lead tho. The bug is gone and the number is possible to reach with 303 fights, so it should be legit. And being a very high level is a massive advantage in the new system. So I should be more surprised by Nolan than Vampirash

Ill take it.png

• Like 8

Finally, here is my easy league. 102 playersimage.png.4a4cfd3c79e4c457f975bc9a522ddb13.png
There were mistakes that did not allow us to score more than this result, I hope I will take them into account this week. I used a boost for damage and very often monitored the league. And it was lucky that there were no active players for some reason.

Edited by Dmitrii
  • Like 9

2 minutes ago, Kenrae said:

Take a look at two posts above you.

Yea, just noticed that too. I didn't actually try if it's fixed or not (I mean, that would require trying to abuse a possible bug), just noticed people saying it is fixed. So now I'm a bit uncertain. Is it the same bug, or a different one?

Edited by La Kajira

1 minute ago, La Kajira said:

Yea, just noticed that too. I didn't actually try if it's fixed or not, just noticed people saying it is fixed. So now I'm a bit uncertain. Is it the same bug, or a different one?

I think they "fixed" it, but there must still be some way to abuse it we don't know about.

@TheMadaFucker, please, report it to KK. I *really* hope they do something about it now, that player should be banned, that's a blatant cheater, not someone who stumbles into it by accident.

• Like 6

HH League Story 81 - D3 7-Hexagon Imbalance A.png

HH League Story 81 - D3 7-Hexagon Imbalance B.png

------------------
D3 run #49 2021/07/29-08/05 (first with 7-girl teams w/o Bug Exploit on top)
Boosters used: zounds
102 players. 101 opponents. 303 fights. wins: 296. losses: 7.
Average: 20.66
Finished: Top 15

Surprisingly, this held. Despite all the 15-point "wins" and seven 13-point losses (final rank 11th). Still loathe that dumbed-down scoring system, but I'll take it. ^^

Congrats to my partner in crime and club @Tom208 for his top 15 as well, and for scoring higher than me (say hi to your Bunna for me ^^ I'm only 4k dating tokens shy of completing her myself).

In contrast, I'm surprised by @Jinto's ranking, here. I've had him in my group many times and he usually ends top 4 or above. He might have been busy IRL, or perhaps the new system didn't work out for him this week. Maybe he rushed after I last checked, I don't know.

Good luck have fun this week, folks. Stay safe!

• Like 8

On 8/3/2021 at 12:20 PM, blaa said:

My guess would be some psychological explanation: We tend to remember bad results/outcomes much more often than expected ones [...]

This seems to be the usual pattern, yes. And I would tell everyone else the same thing. But my brain seems to follow a different pattern (proven with some old poker statistics where reality was even worse than I assumed ;)), being usually more spot-on. And although I've said I haven't started a statistic, i.e. I didn't write down anything, I've roughly kept track and can estimate my lucky wins and unlucky losses.

The estimate is, I've lost around 230-280 points due to luck. And since those ''lost'' points would catapult me safely in the Top15, which seems unlikely to me, my best guess was that everyone suffers from those RNG shenanigans. :0)

But thanks for your answer (and the confirming likes)! Since no one else reported on this, maybe it was really just bad luck and nothing else. Gotta observe how the numbers evolve with a bigger sample size.

In the end, I finished 20th and suffered 29 losses. The winner of my league was surprisingly a guy with level 444 (jeandelalune, I think), getting 7213/7575 points. I wonder if he knows a trick everyone else doesn't. Didn't catch him unboosted, but he didn't seem that strong, whenever I checked his stats. o.O

The rest was back to normal after cheater-week. 4th got ~6700 points, 15th ~5750, 30th ~5100. But I still hope, KK changes the point distribution back to something more... differentiated.

Edited by Moonlynx
  • Like 9

This week in my D3 (103 players)

image.png.04d15f108a3ed2e829cfaf82572adb45.png

I gained another level, added 22 girls to my harem, maxed everything out and am now almost back to where I was before the B.D.S.M. system went live. On the really positive side, I was able to completly avoid the dreaded 3 point loss results and cut my overall losses in half from what I managed last week.

• Like 10

12 minutes ago, Moonlynx said:

This seems to be the usual pattern, yes. And I would tell everyone else the same thing. But my brain seems to follow a different pattern (proven with some old poker statistics where reality was even worse than I assumed ;)), being usually  more spot-on. And although I've said I haven't started a statistic, i.e. I didn't write down anything, I've roughly kept track and can estimate my lucky wins and unlucky losses.

The estimate is, I've lost around 230-280 points due to luck. And since those ''lost'' points would catapult me safely in the Top15, which seems unlikely to me, my best guess was that everyone suffers from those RNG shenanigans. :0)

But thanks for your answer (and the confirming likes)! Since no one else reported on this, maybe it was really just bad luck and nothing else. Gotta observe how the numbers evolve with a bigger sample size.

In the end, I finished 20th. The winner of my league was surprisingly a guy with level 444 (jeandelalune, I think), getting 7213/7575 points. I wonder if he knows a trick everyone else doesn't. Didn't catch him unboosted, but he didn't seem that strong, whenever I checked his stats. o.O

The rest was back to normal after cheater-week. 4th got ~6700 points, 15th ~5750, 30th ~5100. But I still hope, KK changes the point distribution back to something more... differentiated.

A got a bit of "data" that may help. Got the same feeling as you do, so I started writing some things down.

Since I started taking notes, I haven't had a single game where I crit more than 2 times. And even those are fairly rare...even against glass cannons it's not very common.

On the other hand, I've had quite a few games where the opponent crits 3 or more times. Including two games where the opponent crits every single time (I'm not glass cannon)

It's only a short time period I've been tracking, so it could just be some wild RNG shenanigans. And even if it's more than that, it's still technically "fair" because it would most likely be affecting everyone. Still...it would be interesting to know how exactly it works. As it might affect how valuable harmony may be.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2