How you doing in the "League"

casey

WoWsers what a ride! I managed to hang on and get a top 15 win, but dang it was close.

image.png.547d0f45968b4d9e9d0681162b1f4cbf.png

The pic was taken with less than 15 minutes remaining and @Moddy inched past @jelom for 1st place in the end. @tay kept nibbling away at my 15th place and came in a mere 35 points below me. This was a very competitive league, no lead was safe.

I did lose 14 points to the RNG gods which was annoying but didn't matter in the final totals. On the fun side, I pulled off 3 wins against @Shal during Monday's change on the "blessings" (the joys of being up the minute it happened). 😄 

• Like 14
  • Hearts 1

37 minutes ago, Kenrae said:

New win here:

image.png.579d258a40d369a5856ac14c239bdc8a.png

3 mythics used but that's good for a win. 2 consecutive wins feel great :) .

Not much to say about this league. It was clear from the start that shin was the only opponent I had to be careful with. We both used most of our fights on the first half of the league, which made sense given the blessings.

Was also pretty much what I expected to end up, for myself as well.

Thought Shin might make it a little closer to you though. Got enough of him now, had him 3 times in the last 5 or 6 leagues. ;)

• Like 6

25 minutes ago, Pelinor said:

I did lose 14 points to the RNG gods [...]

With the skewed luck distribution since the introduction of the new PvP mechanics I'd guess it was way more than 14 points. ;)

Doesn't matter much when it comes to league results, but of course it's another meaningless obstacle for lower level players. I hope they fix this soon. Shouldn't be hard to do. At least in my imagination.

It gets a little bit tiresome when half of your losses are due to this... bug?

Edited by Moonlynx
  • Thinking 1

1 hour ago, DvDivXXX said:

This looks like it should hold, and I have the flu (regular one), so here goes:

HH League Story 90 - D3 NO AM Booster - Top 15 hopefully A.png

HH League Story 90 - D3 NO AM Booster - Top 15 hopefully B.png

------------------
D3 run #59 2021/10/07-14
Boosters used: 3 legendaries all the time, no AM booster.
103 players. 102 opponents. 306 fights. wins: 298. losses: 8.
Average: 20.52
Finished: top 15 (Edit: it did hold, I finished #9)

It looks like the main downside of not using AMs for me right now is that I'm taking a few more losses than I used to in the old system, missing out on a bit of XP. Not anywhere near worth it just for that, though.

Good luck have fun this week, folks. Stay safe!

Congratulations! I finished 11th in the same league, just 60 points below you. It was a hard one and I ended up with 11 losses. But I've got to ask, what boosters did you use? With your attack I though you were also using AM Booster. But was it all done with only cordyceps?

• Like 2
  • Thinking 1

2 minutes ago, Moonlynx said:

With the skewed luck distribution since the introduction of the new PvP mechanics I'd guess it was way more than 14 points. ;)

Doesn't matter much when it comes to league results, but of course it's another meaningless obstacle for lower level players. I hope they fix this soon. Shouldn't be hard to do. At least in my imagination.

I lost at least 60 points (one player had 4 crits in a row), but gained 46 points.

18 minutes ago, Bomba said:

Congratulations! I finished 11th in the same league, just 60 points below you. It was a hard one and I ended up with 11 losses. But I've got to ask, what boosters did you use? With your attack I though you were also using AM Booster. But was it all done with only cordyceps?

AM booster doesn't show up for you, it's only for the attacker, never the defender. So you don't see whether another player is using it.

• Surprised :O 1

image.png.a3ef783374aa3b086cd72e9be08edf74.png

Attempt #4 in D3

Info: <current league> [<last league>]

Average: 18.35 [17.6]

Victories: 269/303 [251/297]

Always with a mix of legendary boosters, no mythic. This time I was closer on a Top 15 than in danger to fall out of Top 30. With more victories at the end a Top 15 is possible, but the level difference is too large at the moment. Next week blessings looking good, so another Top 30 seems likely.

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, Kenrae said:

AM booster doesn't show up for you, it's only for the attacker, never the defender. So you don't see whether another player is using it.

Thanks, I know that. Let me rephrase it. It's just I think I'm quite effective at League and I ended up with less points and looking at his stats during the week I noticed that he went nearly full on Attack at some point. With a lot of monostat and I assumed cordyceps. I thought it was done to maximize effectiveness of AM booster. And that's what pushed him further. But it seems that wasn't the case. And he's just better and I just wanted to try and copy what he did.
I'm very concerned with how new Harmony works and try to not lower it much. And even with that I get a lot of crits against me even if the difference is huge. So looking at results I'm rethinking my strategy.

• Like 1
  • Hearts 1

7 hours ago, Bomba said:

But I've got to ask, what boosters did you use? With your attack I though you were also using AM Booster. But was it all done with only cordyceps?

7 hours ago, Bomba said:

looking at his stats during the week I noticed that he went nearly full on Attack at some point. With a lot of monostat and I assumed cordyceps. I thought it was done to maximize effectiveness of AM booster.

I like to minmax and experiment regularly, which is partly why I don't bother listing which specific booster combos I go through each week. Just how many legendary/usual ones and whether or not I used AMs. But no, I didn't use any AM booster last week. I change my equipment a LOT, though. You might have seen me almost full mono in one snapshot and almost full multi on the next one. That's typically because I adjust my setup for each opponent, and the only real lever we can pull on the fly for that is the equipment (you're stuck with your boosters for 24 hours no matter what, and the girl setup was removed from the strategy toolkit with the switch to "BDSM"). In the current system, I find that which set of equipment gives the best result for a given opponent at a given time can vary way more than it used to, at least for me.

7 hours ago, Bomba said:

But it seems that wasn't the case. And he's just better and I just wanted to try and copy what he did.

Flattery won't work! ^^ Seriously though, thanks for the compliment. Contrary to what you expected, I don't rely on cords as much these days. Most of the time, I use one cord only, and two defensive ones. I go for chlores more often than gins, too. I've tested both and everything in between, but in the current system and with what I have, I get better results with chlores than with gins (although it's not that far behind either). What's interesting is that I'm fairly sure from most of my opponents' stats and also from bits and pieces here and there on the forum that the belief of ginseng being the only good regular booster besides cordyceps is still widespread and tenacious. But it hasn't been the case for months! ^^ Maybe that's my secret...

AFAIC, it's almost a toss-up between chlores and gins, now, and if one has the edge it's actually chlorella. Because yeah, the variance and impact of crits is bigger now, even turning a sure win into a loss sometimes. But what used to mitigate it fairly well, our Harmony stat, is also weaker and less reliable than it used to. Meanwhile, raw HP is more important than ever; and boosting your HP is the other thing you do with mono items, especially with chlores. It's not just for the extra attack (but that's welcome too obv). It's just more flexible: multis and chlores isn't ideal, but not as bad as monos and gins, at least in my experience.

Lastly, with only 3 slots for regular boosters now (for both you and your opponent), I find that I'm typically better off with just one cordy and two defensive boosts than the other way around. It's a bit different with the AM boost on top, obv. But not that different either. There are diminishing returns on cords, and AM on its own already gives a regular cord and a half. Might as well survive enough turns to make good use of it. ^^

/possibly controversial strat essay.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, DvDivXXX said:

I like to minmax and experiment regularly, which is partly why I don't bother listing which specific booster combos I go through each week. Just how many legendary/usual ones and whether or not I used AMs. But no, I didn't use any AM booster last week. I change my equipment a LOT, though. You might have seen me almost full mono in one snapshot and almost full multi on the next one. That's typically because I adjust my setup for each opponent, and the only real lever we can pull on the fly for that is the equipment (you're stuck with your boosters for 24 hours no matter what, and the girl setup was removed from the strategy toolkit with the switch to "BDSM"). In the current system, I find that which set of equipment gives the best result for a given opponent at a given time can vary way more than it used to, at least for me.

Flattery won't work! ^^ Seriously though, thanks for the compliment. Contrary to what you expected, I don't rely on cords as much these days. Most of the time, I use one cord only, and two defensive ones. I go for chlores more often than gins, too. I've tested both and everything in between, but in the current system and with what I have, I get better results with chlores than with gins (although it's not that far behind either). What's interesting is that I'm fairly sure from most of my opponents' stats and also from bits and pieces here and there on the forum that the belief of ginseng being the only good regular booster besides cordyceps is still widespread and tenacious. But it hasn't been the case for months! ^^ Maybe that's my secret...

AFAIC, it's almost a toss-up between chlores and gins, now, and if one has the edge it's actually chlorella. Because yeah, the variance and impact of crits is bigger now, even turning a sure win into a loss sometimes. But what used to mitigate it fairly well, our Harmony stat, is also weaker and less reliable than it used to. Meanwhile, raw HP is more important than ever; and boosting your HP is the other thing you do with mono items, especially with chlores. It's not just for the extra attack (but that's welcome too obv). It's just more flexible: multis and chlores isn't ideal, but not as bad as monos and gins, at least in my experience.

Lastly, with only 3 slots for regular boosters now (for both you and your opponent), I find that I'm typically better off with just one cordy and two defensive boosts than the other way around. It's a bit different with the AM boost on top, obv. But not that different either. There are diminishing returns on cords, and AM on its own already gives a regular cord and a half. Might as well survive enough turns to make good use of it. ^^

/possibly controversial strat essay.

Wow, that's a lot! Thank you for explanation!

And honestly, it's not flattery. It's deserved. And you know how I know that? Cause I lost. Loss, 18, 18. The mighty randomness decided to show me the true way so I looked closer. I was pretty sure you had ginsengs at the end, because your stats were similar to mine in every regard except HP. But maybe I'm wrong. I also think that more HP offsets some unlucky crits way better and Clorella is a good supplement for a lone cordyceps, so I use the same setup. Or maybe you actually did use that at the end. Anyway, all those little tweaks were not only enough to reach someone 15 levels ahead of you, but also push few points past, so that's extremely cool. and not the first time you did that. So, congratulations! And that's well deserved!
But I'm not so bad myself, so I think I can push a bit higher next time. Have to find my monostat first though. It's somewhere in the depths of Market after I won few contests in Pachinko. And honestly, I'm a bit afraid to go and dig there. I'm pretty sure I'll find a balrog there sooner than my monogear. Well, no. I'm just too lazy to dig through.

Well, thank you for explanation and good luck in your next League!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I was very busy this week. So I missed a lot of refresh. I even got scared for the top 4 on Monday.

In the end, I still had 6 players that I did not take unboosted including a 490+
I was 1st at 12:05 but my main opponents had kept some fights. This league cost me a lot :(

As I expected, Link won.

I thank Frostburn1 for the screenshot and I congratulate him: this is only the 4th time that I have been overwhelmed by a lower level than mine since being in D3. RHB are tough opponents. 

102 opponents, no loss, a mean of 22,8 (quite good but not enough :) )

Capture.PNG.408e0f8ac09936afee467f0e59144545.PNG

This week, I'm 10th in lvl. I bet on Sinnet89 (lvl493) for the first place. I think I could be on top 4 but I fear the wednesday update....

• Like 7

Another week in D3, started at level 425, finished at level 426.

Here is the screenshots taken 10 minute before the end.

250516432_Screenshot_20211014-124920_KiwiBrowser.jpg.3e8b9e0d69924a7613f422aba6a6e488.jpg

Final rank: 10th

Boosters used : 18 legendaries (1 cordycep / 2 gingseng 6 times). 1 mythic pvp booster.

103 players -> 102 opponents -> 306 possible fights -> 306 fights performed -> 300 wins and 6 losses

I knew from the beginning of this league that a top 4 was not achievable, so I only used 1 mythic booster just to be sure to finish in top 15. It wasn't necessary in the end 😉

Take care.

Edited by Tom208
  • Like 9

On 10/14/2021 at 1:29 PM, Pelinor said:

WoWsers what a ride! I managed to hang on and get a top 15 win, but dang it was close.

image.png.547d0f45968b4d9e9d0681162b1f4cbf.png

The pic was taken with less than 15 minutes remaining and @Moddy inched past @jelom for 1st place in the end. @tay kept nibbling away at my 15th place and came in a mere 35 points below me. This was a very competitive league, no lead was safe.

For completeness:

image.png.01f0522a2e212f4d7c539257521d575d.png

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Surprised :O 3

posting my result really early this time since i dont believe there will be a change in first place anymore

image.png.703fdc6642d200accb54d60a9f604fcf.png

back to back 1st place, never had that before; maybe the higher level is starting to show now? Probably more a lucky streak.

it was a really exciting battle with reisen, a clubmate of mine; there was a time we were only 5 points apart, in the end the difference was 60% larger.

Did most of my fights before blessing change (and after confirmation that updated will be on thursday); got 5 more unboosted players than risen, what could explain the difference. Another explanation would be that RNG has been worse to him than to me (-13 points to expected result for me though).

had to fight one player boosted, but since reisen did the same, i dont care.

all fights won, 22,8 average

will probably updated the post with the final standing (just interessting for 3-15, i believe)

edit: it's like I said, not a lot of big changes

image.png.d2b87177e8e561c69fb9d5f26c23cef2.png

Edited by blaa
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, blaa said:

i dont believe there will be a change in first place anymore

But.. you're only 8 points ahead, and there's 17+ hours left. How can you be so sure you've won? Do you know Reisen and he told you he already played all his fights?

23 minutes ago, DvDivXXX said:

But.. you're only 8 points ahead, and there's 17+ hours left. How can you be so sure you've won? Do you know Reisen and he told you he already played all his fights?

yes, he's a clubmate (like I said); it's a ballsy move, but you only win with confidence, right? :D (it's more an experience judgement)

edit: and I wanted to post the result, you never know what really happens tomorrow; patch comes probably 10 minutes before reset :D (you heard it here first)

Edited by blaa
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sure then I'll also go ahead and do an early update 😜
I'm off to bed right after posting this, so this is the latest I'm able to take a PC screenshot nowadays before the league end.image.png

Of course, this is going to change as it's still 14.5 hours left 🤭

• Like 8

3 hours ago, blaa said:

edit: and I wanted to post the result, you never know what really happens tomorrow; patch comes probably 10 minutes before reset :D (you heard it here first)

I was thinking the same thing :D .. probably somewhere between 12:45 and 12:59 (CET)was my guess :P

(yikes .. my post button bugged out and I´ve posted that comment 5 times..good thing that I´m a mod and can delete stuff :P )

• Haha 2

I'm here waiting. @TheMadaFucker, do you have any battles left? Because I don't 😅. And at this time it boils down to that.

image.thumb.png.6a16b0a7b8a0db30c58dfb5162833f5e.png

Weird league. I started fast because I saw many interesting unboosted players at the start of the league, so I made some refills. Then the elements announcement appeared and I stopped doing battles for a couple of days, waiting for Wednesday. Then another announcement came saying that the change would come Thursday at the reset. This messed up with my tactics as you can guess 😅

Also, TheMadaFucker had two clubmates in WoRM and Admiral and at some point I saw Admiral and himself weakened. I had already fought both so I couldn't take advantage.

I didn't use the mythic booster in 4 battles (not opponents, battles). I hate that it's used in Season too.

• Like 9

HH League Story 91 - D3 partial AM Booster - Top 15 hopefully A.png

HH League Story 91 - D3 partial AM Booster - Top 15 hopefully B.png

------------------
D3 run #60 2021/10/14-21 (Last one before Elements)
Boosters used: 3 legendaries all the time, one AM booster for 9 fights.
102 players. 101 opponents. 303 fights. wins: 293. losses: 10.
Average: 20.20
Finished: top 15

Not an easy week for me. More defeats than usual, and in general more permaboosted opponents and lots of very high-level players. I ended up stressing out and equipping one AM for the last 3 opponents, even though it's gonna be annoying for KC (I would have taken at least 3 more defeats otherwise and might not have ensured top 15).

Anyways, the end of an era (once more ^^). Eagerly anticipating the Elemental meta (/s)! ^^

Good luck have fun this week, folks. Stay safe!

• Like 8

Pretty difficult week(especially on nutaku), both player and unboosted people wise, still a pretty solid finish I´d say  :)
(27 boosted fights on hh and 38 boosted on nutaku (3 losses over here, 1 to kurt and 2 to mythica (I think?) )

Also @jelom we´re in the same league this week (ps: I happened to use my chances and already fought against you because I saw you were unboosted 19,20,20 as for the points I believe.. I hope that is was worth it :P )

Bildschirmfoto 2021-10-21 um 12.55.59.pngBildschirmfoto 2021-10-21 um 12.56.34.png

• Like 8

Went early again as there were a lot of unboosted players. Then Elements was announced, so thought I'd got it wrong, then it was pushed back to today, so all was good.

2nd with my highest average ever, but couldn't live with RedEagle. Still it's good to see a Brit 1-2 again.

100 players.  297 fights. wins: 297. losses: 0

Average 22.92

image.png.39a94537bcaa8202cb819387960a770b.png

Let's see what Elements brings to the party. GL to one and all.

• Like 9