How you doing in the "League"

casey

Sooo.. I´m a little bit early again this week:

Once again no AM bosster and no cordy at all, manage 2 pretty easy and save top 15 finishes on both hh and nutaku.

Lost 5 fights on hh and 4 on nutaku

Had to fight 24 boosted players on hh and 32 on nutaku

(currently I only own 1 lv 550 girl on hh and 2 on nutaku) :)

Also congratz to my club mate Daniel unfortunately it wasn´t enough to beat @TheMadaFucker´s great score (congratz as well, good thing I immediately went for him last week otherwise I wouldn´t be able to defeat his full lv 600 team ^^)

Bildschirmfoto 2021-12-02 um 12.50.19.png

Bildschirmfoto 2021-12-02 um 12.51.18.png

• Like 12

I was wondering how things would shake out after I drained all my resources to try and stay competitive in the D3 (competitive being good enough to stay in the top 15). I'm not joking on draining resources, when I finished I couldn't even afford a legendary spell book! Anyway, this league had 103 players (low level 377, high level 499, 65 players at a higher level than me). I outperformed 54 of the higher players and ended up placing 11th for the week. (screenshot 4 minutes before the close)

image.png.02e1bce98b72b9bddb851f1e49755d93.png

• Like 12

Thanks, @Moonlynx. Thankfully, this held (well, I was pushed to #14 but otherwise this didn't move significantly in the last 20 mins):

HH League Story 97 - D3 1 AM Booster - already have Dolly - top 15 hopefully A.png

HH League Story 97 - D3 1 AM Booster - already have Dolly - top 15 hopefully B.png

155 points isn't a comfortable margin, but it would have taken 3 opponents rushing to a better score than me at the last moment to push me out of top 15. I kept my fingers crossed to the end, though. ^^

@bolitho76 and my clubmate @Lovely Bone (who cost me a loss, grumble grumble ^^) both seem pretty safe for their respective top 30. And the current (and likely final) top 4 has no girl above level 550. Notice our friend @Glutinus at #7 despite his level 650 mythic team... Takes some practice too, I guess.

------------------
D3 run #66 2021/11/25-12/02
Boosters used: 3 legendaries all the time, 1 AM booster (for 20 fights).
102 players. 101 opponents. 303 fights. wins: 296. losses: 7.
Average: 21.67
Finished: Top 15

(No girl shards as I already completed Dolly)

Good luck have fun this week, folks. Stay safe!

• Like 11

another first over here; really glad i finally could beat miso and jmich - havent done it before, and that's one of the reasons i still play. Ofc, they all probably didnt use AM boosters, so no surprise here.

image.png.531a97678287d9206ef62b568929ed60.png

had to fight 2 boosted players in the end, 23,72 was my expected average, 297 players all won, 2 cordy+1 ginseng + 2 AM

not sure what i am doing this week: with AM it should be another first for sure, but maybe it will be enough without?

• Like 11

11 minutes ago, Moonlynx said:

It was even less comfortable in the end, considering that Blue got 16th with his 6510 points. ;)

Exactly, one opponent overtook us both. Since Blue was at the very border, that pushed them out. But to push me out would have required two more opponents also overtaking me last minute, which was unlikely (even though the 56 point margin at the very end was scary, for sure).

Suddenly from no wins in Dicktator III to a winning streak of 2. However, this just starting league looks tougher, so we'll see if the streak continues.

Anyway, I have some eye candy for you about the just finished league. I only started graphing stuff partway through the league and there's a few missing data points and stuff, but let me know how you like my own graphs. The timestamps are in UTC time.

league-2021-12-02-highscores.jpg

league-2021-12-02-graphs.png

league-2021-12-02-scoregraph.png

• Like 10
  • Hearts 3

You can even see a small mistake I made from that team composition graph. I used a full mono loadout for a few fights. I've been meaning to make some kind of a warning system for a wrong team/mono loadout, but I'm lazy, I guess. (And then I still have the energy to make very extraneous graphs). I believe there was a problem in how I detect unboostedness, too, but it's been reliable enough detection that somehow the problem has slipped past me for this long.

I'm actually not that worried that people would attempt to mimic my playstyle. First of all, I doubt it's going to be that simple just from looking at a few graphs, but anyways I welcome the challenge if somebody is able to glean something useful out of them. Am I maybe becoming overconfident?

Edited by Rarum

44 minutes ago, Rarum said:

Am I maybe becoming overconfident?

congrats first of all. Second: you were the only guy using AM in this league, most high level players ceased to use them since it almost makes no difference regarding koban rewards being top4 without but being top1 with them; also, playing without is less stress and easier to play seasons and KC events. Some top players even stopped upgrading their girls to a decent level.

A few weeks ago you wouldnt have won with this score against Oliver, MNEFC, Takanome and even Hardy - thanks to the recent changes you are now, congrats again.

P.s: it's also the only reason I got first place in my leageu this week - miso and jmich were too good before (and they still are if they would use AM boosters)

• Like 4

The averages are what matter, since raw score changes with the amount of players in the league. You could still be right, but I happen to know that

• Oliver got an average of 22.76 on 8th of July 2021. I'm aware of scores as high as 23.27 from them.
  • MNEFC got an average of 22.28 on 1st of July 2021. I'm aware of scores as high as 22.86 from them.
  • Takanome got an average of 22.90 on 7th of October 2021. I'm aware of scores as high as 22.99 from them.
  • Hardy got an average of 22.65 on 16th of September 2021. I'm aware of scores as high as 23.28 from them.

Whereas I got 23.76 now. And while you could maybe claim that those people would have gotten higher scores more recently, I would also have become stronger in that time, so that kind of negates the effect of time. The AMEs were added later than Oliver's and MNEFC's data points. I think they add about 1 to your score, and indeed more recent top 1 spots before the awakenings sometimes reached 24 but more often it was more like 23.

I'm not as convinced as you are that it's just the AMEs' "fault" I was first in this league but who knows. I did notice I have my teams at higher levels than my opponents.

Edited by Rarum

Yes, the averages matter, but not in the kind of comparison you do. Other league systems are producing other averages. There was a time Oliver made a 24,8x average or even more because of a different league system (you might remember the time when we got 25 points for a win with over 50% ego left). Leagues changed big the last few weeks and month, so you cant really compare. I have to say though, I should have said: a few weeks ago you wouldnt have won against Oliver, etc. (with this score is misleading).

I havent said 'it's just the AMEs' fault", i gave other reasons too, like difference in teams, people not caring too much about first place anymore since rewards got reduced, ... I am pretty sure, with the new system new players can catch up, and you might with good upgrading, but most benefical tool score wise is still AM (since most people cant go over 600 mythics, whiche are often not that much better than 550 level blessed girls).

edit: I see, i said 'it's also the only reasons for my first place ...', so, yeah, it's not the only reasons as I said in the same post above, but chances are it's the main reason, at least it was the case in my league this week and in some other weeks too (even before awakening)

Edited by blaa

Yeah, I don't think it was really even up for debate that game changes benefited me in these last two leagues.

I should have said: a few weeks ago you wouldnt have won against Oliver, etc. (with this score is misleading).

I agree. I hardly ever played with AMEs on anyway, but even if I did, 23.5 would be about my maximum I'd imagine (so likely less in this league), whereas if we are generous and say my opponents didn't use AMEs now and would constantly use AMEs in the thought experiment, their scores would be up by a fair bit. Those effects combined mean I would have stood no chance.

The effects of AMEs don't show up on an opponent's damage (I'm pretty sure, anyway), so I don't have data on how much AMEs are used now let alone how much they used to be used. But whatever, since I see now I answered to a strawman previously.

• Like 1

On 11/26/2021 at 11:15 AM, Hugh Jerexion said:

Anyway I hope you win, Angeline has gone early again, which happened last week and I couldn't make up the difference. 

Well, got the win...for whatever it's worth. Doesn't really feel like much of an achievement now that it's a whole lot more about your stats and resources than playstyle. It should be again one day...when enough people start converging towards the girl level ceiling and stats are again similar enough across the board that differences in playstyle (and free time) matter again. 

Don't have a picture tho. Two jobs and a poly relationship are a bit of a time drain. A happy time drain, but not exactly friendly to gaming consistency :D
Last I saw was around 7am server time. Was some 200 points ahead of Angeline (who I think was done) and 600 ahead of the third. That particular gap probably shrank a lot. Used some 80 matches worth of leftover AM from previous week and half-rushed the league during the first half as without you there I had the highest total power by quite a lot. So, no need to spend even if I'd wanted to. Besides the refills anyway...which came in handy for PoA.

9 hours ago, DvDivXXX said:

@La Kajira I largely agree with you, but then there's also the opening of hunting season for whales, regardless of their player level, in-game resource stashes or any other criterion.

Like this former easy win from the previous system who in the current system is now a bigger threat than even a level 500 used to be:

HH League Story 97 - D3 1 AM Booster - already have Dolly - top 15 hopefully Z.png

Yea, that's what I had in mind when mentioning throwing fat stacks of cash at the game as a to get ahead :D

@Rarum Gonna rephrase what @blaa said and mix in a bit of my own ^^ 
Thing is that D3 wins are no longer worth it if you have to spend on boosters to get them. Which I see as seriously sad. The highest league should be competitive. Should incentivize people to try their hardest and reward them for success. Instead, the drastic reduction of rewards for highest spots killed competition. Spending on boosters (especially AM) to get the first spot is an incredibly high risk play with almost no reward. In the long run, you gain a lot more by getting "free" whichever spots you can get without spending instead of trying your hardest to get as high as possible. So that's what most strong players are doing now. That makes the first spot a lot more achievable for anyone who wishes to take it, but it also makes it mean a lot less. I mean...I wouldn't feel very happy about beating Usain Bolt in a sprint if he decided to go for a casual stroll instead. 
In this case the cost of the first spot can easily take away almost all the extra reward. At the same time, if you are not the only one who decides to push for it, there's a risk that you might not get it. In which case the reward you get for a lower than first spot minus the costs will end up being barely there. And you might be better off with even as low as a top 30 or 45 spot with no costs. That is why most people don't even try to get first spot anymore. It's just plain not worth it.
I'd be one of those who would do it just for the feeling and screw the costs. Would...if there were enough of a competition for it to even feel like a victory. Instead of, well...sprinting ahead of people who just went out for a relaxing walk

This I feel is the saddest part of all the changes. Everything else is just a new, different system to get used to working with and around. A system that itself is still a work in progress and subject to change. So I'll wait with any definite "judgements". But this pretty much killed high-lvl PvP outright

Congratulations anyway...hope they give us back an incentive to compete so you get to enjoy truly trying your strategy in the new system ^^

• Like 5
  • Hearts 1

For me, I'm pretty sure it would be a top 15 if I didn't use AMEs since it used to be the case. I regard the booster combination I've been using for top 15s (1 cordyceps, 1 chlorella, 1 ginseng) as "free" since all those regenerate at least about as quick as they are used. Having one more cordyceps costs about 6*15=90 Kobans and ideally with AMEs, it's 3*90=270. So the costs are 360 or likely a bit more, and the gains are 1203-481=722. So if I win more than half the time, it's worth it.

22 minutes ago, La Kajira said:

hope they give us back an incentive to compete so you get to enjoy truly trying your strategy in the new system ^^

Rumors abound that AMEs could become league-only and last for 150 battles. So the costs would be just about a static 180 for keeping AMEs constantly on. I hope that makes somewhat of a difference.

1 hour ago, Rarum said:

Rumors abound that AMEs could become league-only and last for 150 battles. So the costs would be just about a static 180 for keeping AMEs constantly on. I hope that makes somewhat of a difference.

yeah, if you win regularly with AM there is at least no loss, i agree; it wasnt meant to reduce your success either - just to give some perspective. What's interessting though is that rumor: is this a more or less reliable source? Would be going in the right direction (even though I would prefer not having it at all (or at least that we can detected it somehow)).

• Like 1

Il y a 8 heures, DvDivXXX a dit :

Thanks, @Moonlynx. Thankfully, this held (well, I was pushed to #14 but otherwise this didn't move significantly in the last 20 mins):

HH League Story 97 - D3 1 AM Booster - already have Dolly - top 15 hopefully A.png

HH League Story 97 - D3 1 AM Booster - already have Dolly - top 15 hopefully B.png

155 points isn't a comfortable margin, but it would have taken 3 opponents rushing to a better score than me at the last moment to push me out of top 15. I kept my fingers crossed to the end, though. ^^

@bolitho76 and my clubmate @Lovely Bone (who cost me a loss, grumble grumble ^^) both seem pretty safe for their respective top 30. And the current (and likely final) top 4 has no girl above level 550. Notice our friend @Glutinus at #7 despite his level 650 mythic team... Takes some practice too, I guess.

------------------
D3 run #66 2021/11/25-12/02
Boosters used: 3 legendaries all the time, 1 AM booster (for 20 fights).
102 players. 101 opponents. 303 fights. wins: 296. losses: 7.
Average: 21.67
Finished: Top 15

(No girl shards as I already completed Dolly)

Good luck have fun this week, folks. Stay safe!

@DvDivXXX I'm sorry for your loss 😅, but it means that i have not so bad skills due to your excellent level !!! 😁 I'm happy to learn that i'm not too uncompetitive.

• Like 1
  • Hearts 1

38 minutes ago, blaa said:

What's interessting though is that rumor: is this a more or less reliable source?

A person I trust has said they've negotiated with a certain influential figure in Kinkoid about this. It sounded like they'd come to an agreement, but it's not some kind of an official statement, hence "rumors".

• Thanks 1

So 3rd this time as expected.

I didn't played very well this week because of my job IRL.

7 boosted players remained on thursday. So I used an AM booster to finish them.

101 opponents, 1 loss, my best average : 24,02 but Master HornDog and Scarlet Titan are still too strong for me.

I took the screenshot at 8h00 GMT+1. I don't think there had big changes after.

1783337746_Captureligues..thumb.JPG.b993731cccb3d713d75211d6e9277fc7.JPG

I don't like this new system. Too much ressources needed. Too P2W for me.

This week : Lili and Sovereign (RHB), so top 4 at best.

I'm with 3 clubmates for the first time in D3 :)

Edited by Troctout
  • Like 5

22 hours ago, La Kajira said:

Last I saw was around 7am server time. Was some 200 points ahead of Angeline (who I think was done) and 600 ahead of the third.

I looked in when I took the screenshot below and saw the same. 

22 hours ago, La Kajira said:

Thing is that D3 wins are no longer worth it if you have to spend on boosters to get them. Which I see as seriously sad. The highest league should be competitive. Should incentivize people to try their hardest and reward them for success.

This. ^. Anyway congrats on the win.

Meanwhile at the bottom:

1316686287_HH021221.png.7986cd24ed7322c4659628360dc802da.png

mindrago may have had enough as well.

As there is a new story on the go, I'm visiting the game this week and while I'm there, playing some D2 PvP. Might even get promoted if I manage to do all the fights.

I have a team of 7 lvl 650Mythics. My sincere apologies to anyone in my league.

Edited by Hugh Jerexion
typo
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

image.png.28451a2df1214cb9b4e9ba46c35d8f34.png

Attempt #10 in D3

Info: <current league> [<last league stats>]

Average: 20.58  [19.91]

Victories: 292/306 [279/300]

"Always" with a mix of legendary boosters, no mythic. Better then last week, so a new record for me in terms of points and victories. Unfortunattely this time the gap to reach a Top 15 placement was bigger then last week. At least I had less defeats and therefore got more XP which is important for me. I think I'm waiting for PoV for further leveling girls, so I expect a weaker result for the next week.

• Like 7

Ended once again in the 46-60 tier, with Dolly reaching 80/100. Given that I fell in which is probably the hardest league I saw up to now (two level 500 players at the lead) and there is no reason to think that next Thursday I will end in an higher reward tier, Dolly will end his permanence at 95/100, and so will add herself to the list of will-never-enter-the-harem (and the fact that in this round this is partially due to the league rewards bug and the refusal of the team to fix the missed rewards makes it even worse, even knowing that in the future the situation will be analogous for the next league girls). As I feared, the worsening of my overall perform skills after the elements patch make it so that the introduction of girls in leagues in my game is absolutely worthless.

Not that this is so important, given that I wouldn't have obtained her anyway, as IMHO with any probability Dicktator III (and maybe even lower leagues) are going to become the domain of girl-level-up-buying whales, at least until "normal" players will be able to catch up... but that will require time, easily in the order of months, if not more.

• Sad 2

A bit late, here is my final standing in the league past week. Congrats to Slynia, he and govenants are always in the top. I went for a cheap 3rd place without too much involvement or time invested, just the standard procedures. As it has been commented, the difference in rewards makes that a sensible approach, if you can hold your ground in top 4 or even top 15 with no AM booster and just enough (free from  pachinko orbs) boosters.

imagen.png.c659b34dfc5262bb0e330b0764abf0b9.png

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Another week in D3, started at level 434, finished at level 435.

Here is the screenshot taken 20 minutes before the end.

1483379866_Screenshot_20211202-124037_KiwiBrowser.jpg.c276c658c37e10def89e6417939d5a7b.jpg

Final rank: 2nd

Boosters used : 15 legendaries (1 cordycep / 2 gingseng 5 times). 0 mythic.

103 players -> 102 opponents -> 306 possible fights -> 306 fights performed -> 305 wins and 1 loss

Well, I didn't expect a top 4 without any AM booster so soon but I suppose the blessing on mythic girls for the 1st half of the league helped a lot.

PS: sorry guys for the 61 missing levels, otherwise we could have had 4 players lvl 496 in the first 4 ranks 😉

Take care.

Edited by Tom208
  • Like 7
  • Haha 3