How you doing in the "League"

casey

No data from my side this week. Totally forgot to do the last attacks in the last hour bevore reset and also made no screenshot. It would nice I could say that RL was so busy that I forgot it, but sadly that isn't true so it#s only my own foolishness...

• Like 1

Oh, well.

HH League Story 113 - D3 - Rachael Week 3 - Top 15 Running for 4th I (failed).png

HH League Story 113 - D3 - Rachael Week 3 - Top 15 Running for 4th J (failed).png

I had to go this morning and came back after the reset, but it's at least a relief I finished #6 and not #5 especially at 1 literal point behind #4. ^^ With all the superstars in that group, I'm sure a more recent screenshot will pop up.

------------------
D3 run #82 2022/03/17-24
Boosters used: 3 legendaries all the time, 1 AM booster.
100 players. 99 opponents. 297 fights. wins: 297. losses: 0.
Average: 23.24
Finished: Top 15
Girl Shards: Rachael (week 3) +30% (yay! 98% ^^ epic flowers next week!)
Refills: 189kos 178kos 177kos 2x175kos 165kos 135kos

As I said earlier on, I started out in "top 15 and chill" mode, but... at some point around the blessing switch on Monday, I noticed that an alarmingly large number of the identified serious top 4 contenders (and even the maybes) had not taken advantage of the much stronger Phase 1 blessings to score the bulk of their points, with only Jelom, Bomba and myself having even a somewhat significant score by that point. Meaning that favorites like Ken, Sat or Milio would be playing catch-up in Phase 2 with far fewer clean 25pt win opportunities:

HH League Story 113 - D3 - Rachael Week 3 - Top 15 Running for 4th A.png

So I half-reconsidered, and ended up buying 1 AM booster, but it was a bit too late. Plus, Damlan ended up being a terrible choice as my final opponent I waited to finally get unboosted... I had to fight them boosted this morning. For a Level 500 player with a competitive team, that's a very low score (unless they made a final push after I left) especially for investing that much. In any case, that didn't help me. ^^

I'm looking forward to see who ended up winning that one, who's the unlucky one who took my place at #5 and who else ended up in top 4. It looks like this could have been a top 4 for me had I fought it hard throughout, though, despite the large number of potential threats (because most of them are not active as threats anymore ^^).

Good luck have fun this week, folks. Stay safe!

• Like 5

i overestimated my opponent, so i put a lot more effort into this league than necessary

image.png.ec495c9d88faa8fc96a895eb42d87425.png

some refills after blessing change, 2 AME, a little bit better than expected average, fought 10 players boosted, best average so far

this week i am with rarum, so I have to think about how I am gonna approach this difficult task, so far we both fought 6 players, and it's 146 to 148 for me :D

• Like 5

I'll also hype a bit the league bracket I'm in this week. I am against @blaa, and us two have been talking about going head-to-head for a while now. And it looks like this is a good occasion for it.

This time, it's about as close to no holds barred as is at all sane. Still I don't think I'll be using a ridiculous amount of refills, but I did go ahead and top up my team despite having no relevant contest for it. I'm counting on you to give me a good challenge, @blaa.

• Like 2
  • Hearts 1

My third 2nd place finish (which is annoying). This time I had 2 loses in a row to ThunderWolf which cost me 25 points according to the battle sim (only a 4.something% chance at a loss). My avg this week against a league populated by a group with levels ranging from 357-500 (median 470) was 23.23.

image.png.555588bf067ee76d6712074b6c2a74ba.png

A break down by opponent class shows I had significant trouble dealing with HC players and a (relatively speaking) easier time against those in my own class this week.

Sim 23.1 2215 pts     23.07 game

-1.87 HC

Sim 22.9 2271 pts     22.94 game

+2.80 CH 

Sim 22.9 2343 pts     22.97 game +3.20 KH

Have fun this week everyone.

• Like 4

Okay... when the dark of night comes around you, and some eery lights come from the nearby forest... just run, my friend, 'cause it can only be the Red Lights of the Devilish Bunnycorns' Eyes... Run as if your life depended on it, as your soul could very well be sucked dry by these carrot tainted devils...

Just to make my point, look what happens when you drop 4 of them in the same place:

HH2022-03-24.png

(well, at the same time... the rabbits were so eager to go at each other's throat that the rest of the peeps just watched and made themselves scarce ^^... )

Among the furry beasts, i couldn't alas, prevail... as my pupils of days past are now giving me a hard time... Guess this Ol' Bastard Sheriff needs a few good nights' sleep to get his mojo back and reinstate order and fear among his own troops...

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Hearts 1

I hope, this thread is not only for D3. If so, please feel free to remove my posting.

For several weeks I have been competing in D2 - mostly ending 16th to 30th - this time rank 16.

What is quite remarkable, is that the difference in points between 15th and 30th rank is only 36.

So if you can't be online around reset time, it's not easy to stay in this area.

I'm glad, that I'm retired and that reset time is at 1 p.m. for me! 😉

2022-03-24 - Ruhmesturm D2 - Platz 16 - 36 Punkte zw. 16-30.JPG

• Like 7

I ended up 27th in D2 today, i could have ended up higher, but i didn't take the risk to get 8 crit in a row

To my surprise, it was quite easy for me to end there, since i didn't do ~20 battles.

However, i'm a bit surprised by the fact that the 16-30 range was so close. 60-70 points was all you had to gain to do 31 => 15

• Like 3

il y a 21 minutes, Boulie2 a dit :

However, i'm a bit surprised by the fact that the 16-30 range was so close. 60-70 points was all you had to gain to do 31 => 15

I was surprised too when I noticed that, and @Mighty Thor as well. D2 is the last league before the "big jump" to D3, so a lot of more casual (or lower level) players actually want to stay in D2-16, which has a very good reward/effort ratio compared to D3 (Casual players in D3 end up in the 45-60 position or worse)

This creates a lot of sniping opportunity. I've seen a lot of movement (From 16th to 30th+ position in just a few hours before reset, and very tight end scores), as players want to score just enough to be in the Top 30, but not too much to avoid Top 15.

• Like 4

Yeah this is something that also caught me off guard when I promoted to D2. Its quite normal that the 15-30 gap is 40-80 points, as a matter of fact I never experienced it to be more than 90, so you have to get used to that I am afraid.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

image.png.49bc53f341453b1ebc491f9d4a22f31d.png

Attempt #26 in D3

Info: <current league> [<last league stats>] [<personal best>]

Average: 22.25  [21.71] [22.31]

Victories: 295/297 [288/297] [300/300]

Always with a mix of legendary boosters, no mythic. For my last set of fights I thought about to spend one mythic booster to score a few additional points because Top 4 was close. Luckily I waited a bit longer, than I saw it was out of reach and I skipped the investment. So another "boring" Top 15 week. I have a few lvl 700 mythics now. Maybe I'm investing a bit more to go for a Top 4 now. Not sure, maybe only in a week where I have a good team.

• Like 4

Congrats to Satellizer for the overall victory. Kenrae played hard too, ending second, I was third and top four was completed by Milio almost surpassing me.

I was a bit surprised that DvDivXXX didn't get into the privilege places. My friend, I was expecting you to give it all using 3 AM boosters and showing your skills. You will win or lose, but you have to test us to the limit. I know you can.

Screenshot 10 minutes before reset. I got 6979 points (23,50 average), good but not enough (No AM booster is a handicap, but it also means a more straightforward play). The event sequence favored me using some early refills.

imagen.png.f9b3af590998a54e96217292079497b3.png

Edited by jelom
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, DvDivXXX said:

Meaning that favorites like Ken, Sat or Milio would be playing catch-up in Phase 2 with far fewer clean 25pt win opportunities

There were opponents that were 24/25 with second week blessing too, you know ;)

• Haha 1

In my D3 league Lemus got his 31st win and denied mago's 80th (in case you are making a who's who on hh.com).

Taorin get's the "always a bridesmaid, never the bride" prize with 9 second places and no wins thus far.

output.png

• Like 4

I knew it will be a hard week for me because blessings weren't with me.  GrandPriest and Jeandelalune had so much stronger team at start. They rushed their fights so 1st place couldn't be an objective for me.

Many opponents had a team equivalent or better than mine. So I decided to use 3 AM boosters (2.7 in reality) and temporize while waiting for Monday.
It was quite laborious and the RNG did not spare me again this week (how can we get so many scores whose probability is less than 0.5%?).
Fran rushed his fights on the last day and he worried me a little but the other opponents favored the LCs.
So I'm pretty happy with my top 4 even if it cost me 1835 kobans.

100 opponents, no loss, a little average of 23,6 (with 3 AM boosters)

1698587512_Captureligues..thumb.JPG.f019662de91fa6ed5c72d43998d39ac9.JPG

Next week : PoA. Satoris and SunnyL are my best opponents but many opponents have full 700lvl or full 750lvl team so it'll be very hard to win. D3 seems harder every week for F2P players :(

Peace and games

Edited by Troctout
  • Like 6

Another week in D3, started at level 463, finished at level 465. 

Here is the screenshot taken 2 minutes before the end of the league.

20220324_125931.jpg.cd6bb7c8fa8727b817ff98826c6caf87.jpg

Final rank: 3rd

Boosters used : 18 legendaries (1 cordycep / 2 gingseng 6 times). 1 mythic booster.

100 players -> 99 opponents -> 297 possible fights -> 297 fights performed -> 297 wins and no loss

I preferred using 1 mythic booster because of a bad feeling. Considering the gap with the 5th, not a such bad idea 🙂

My team was a mix between my lvl 700 mythic girls and my lvl 700 5* legendary blessed girls.

Take care

• Like 5

I started at level 464 and finished at level 466, which I think is pretty good (the D3 ranged from level 342 - 500 with a median level of 467). @Kenrae allowed me to follow him in the rankings which I thought was a pretty cool thing to do. My final standing was 4th.

image.png.adde67c35dd6de6e8179d30e161f6e55.png

This weeks class breakdown:

22.9 sim 2194 pts   Average = 22.85 game -1.47 CH
23.7 sim 3070 pts   Average = 23.80 game

+2.43 KH

24.6 sim 1695 pts   Average = 24.57 game +0.10 HC

March averages

23.4 sim 7970 pts   Average = 23.51 game +11.57 HC 113

opponents

22.9 sim 8956 pts   Average = 22.96 game +3.63 CH 130

opponents 

23.1 sim 10668 pts   Average = 23.24 game +21.20 KH 153

opponents

Yes I know it is only one month but, so far the results show that classes still matter, even in the B.D.S.M. system.

Have fun in the game folks :)

• Like 4
  • Hearts 1

Foreword

Well, I asked for a fight and I got a fight. It's a league worthy of a slightly longer write-up, and also because I've already given away a lot of what goes into my strategy. I just don't have that many opponents who could defeat me even armed with knowledge. bla was one of those who might, and I've ranked them just below me for a long while, maybe because when we last met they had a weak team. But maybe slightly above me was the correct placement, really, while I didn't have level 700 unlocked yet but bla had. Now us two very evenly matched players finally got to properly establish who's superior (in the context of these blessings).

Power comparison

On Sunday, I was level 483 and bla was level 498. The teams' powers were 181966.4 for me and 177458.4 for bla, counteracting some of that level disadvantage for me. However, I did lack somewhat in the total power department when it came to my auxiliary teams. Maybe in that regard my biggest "mistake" was that I should have upgraded the blessed 5-star legendary Himari instead of Angelic Lenaëlle from 650 to 700 at the start of the league. But sensual gems are at such a premium that I went with the longer-term option. After the blessings change, it turned out that next week there would be a mythic blessing, so I think it turned out just fine that I now have 13 mythics at level 700.

Raw power wise we were really evenly matched during the first blessing. My prediction against bla when they were unboosted was 21.81, while bla was estimated getting 21.83 against me. However, I was estimated to be the slightly more powerful one using a simulation of myself against me (17.756) and bla (17.84) respectively (lower is more powerful). On the second blessing I had a total power of 169255.8 and bla had 148948.8, but they had already done almost all of their fights by then.

My approach against such an opponent

I actually went into this league thinking I'd have to maybe do a league refresh more than I'd normally do on blessings change and be observant about unboosts. I was even hesitant to upgrade my girls outside of a relevant contest, but due to fears that bla might actually do their absolute best and that I'd not be able to get past Pantheon floor 1500 during the first week's really strong blessing, I upgraded some of the more relevant girls.

But while previously I may have underestimated my abilities, now it was an overestimation. bla must have also been switching teams a lot, and thus the advantage of me trying to find the absolute best team computationally wasn't even that big of an edge. Furthermore, it became clear that bla was going all-in on this by finishing the vast majority of their fights already on the first week. I came to the realization that I was very much facing an equal (in the context of this week; I don't think bla has as wide of a variety of battle-worthy girls), and I had to double down too or face defeat.

Before the blessings change, my fights were either against high priority opponents or those who would be "powerful" right at blessings change if they kept their current team. Powerful being in quotation marks because almost everyone was going to be very weak then and I also lost a fair bit from my total power even after having changed my team.

I used the most powerful boosters throughout the league, except during a handful of really easy fights. Though, I didn't permaboost (neither did bla). I don't think I could have kept a full permaboost up. Besides it being expensive, at the start of the league the boosters were going out 15 minutes before a snapshot, not leaving me a whole lot of wiggle room. Another option was permanent semiboost, but I dismissed that idea as well since I was bound to make a mistake with leaving a weak team on sooner or later. So, I chose to not permaboost "knowing" bla would take the opportunity to fight me immediately when my boosts dropped, but at least it was against my proper defense team instead of for example a 165000 or so team power counterable team (maybe worst case would have been a fire team) and on a singular cordyceps. That was the kind of scenario I wanted to avoid even at the cost of bla getting to fight me unboosted. Perhaps it wouldn't have been so bad, but again, costs and additional stress mattered more to me.

After the blessings change, I fought a couple of opponents without an AME, since the expectation was pretty much a 25 regardless. I might have lost maybe two points due to this. I started up with an AME again and fought everyone who was unboosted plus a couple of others even. You'll see this as a long almost flatline series of 25-point fights, as well as a skyrocketing of my average. I looked at the prediction I make for myself. Before blessings change it showed roughly 24, and now it was more like 24.05. I had somewhat of a surge of confidence about the near-flatline 25s, boasting to bla "Read 'em and weep" about my blessings change strategy working (bla tracks my average, as I do theirs).

However, my arrogance, which had already been faltering a bit throughout the league, finally met its demise. Two unlucky scores pushed my final score prediction back down to 24.03 or so, making it dangerously close to what bla would probably get. Now I was really panicking. How could that second-rate D3 wannabe pose an actual threat to me? ME? For a few weeks I had already been considering that something might have been wrong with my battle score predictions in the case when you are dominating an opponent. Well, there was a real bug in the display of the ego (that I reported), but in battles what I had calculated for ego seems to be correct. So I don't even have that as an excuse.

So, now it was finally time to cut any remaining ties to sanity and do whatever it takes to get the win, or otherwise it would have been a major prestige hit (in my deluded mind). And so I started refilling battles even against opponents who had already changed their team for the ongoing week's blessings and even though I was fully expecting them to be unboosted again some time in the future.

Later on on Monday, I was given the intel that "it's basically 5 players left, 3 should give me over 24 in average, two could be permaboosters", and one of those permaboosters was even named. I already had figured bla had permaboosting players left, since I had been looking every snapshot and in between, and only managed to catch one out of three off-guard during a mid-snapshot. Furthermore, there was a distinct lack of activity from bla during the blessings change.

Regardless, I was still bracing for the worst (I'd be putting too much faith into total strangers keeping up their boosts otherwise) and besides I was in so deep I might as well pay for the rest of the fights to see how high I could get my score. When I was done, bla would have needed 148 points from the two permaboosted players that were left. On Thursday morning it was officially impossible for bla to beat me any longer and bla told me they hadn't put on yet another AME just to make the end result be slightly closer.

Closing thoughts

I have introduced yet another new graph, for showing how my and bla's average changed over time. It looks slightly different than the "Team composition and average over time" graph's average, since it now time moves at a constant speed on the X axis instead according to the whims of when I've done battles. You'll see a big spike on Monday, for when I did a whole bunch of refills to implement the phase 2 of my strategy in case it looked like it would come down to the wire.

Also, on the league difficulty chart, you will see that this was quite the tough league. This was already a record average for me, and if we had battled in an easy league, my average might have been very much in whale territory.

Besides the Kobans spent on refills and on a ton of boosters, there were less direct opportunity costs from this "battle to the death". I had spent more than half a million girl XP as well as a bunch of gems. So, this kind of a league is not worth going for a top 1, but I've come to accept this game is more about the leagues for me than the girls by now, and so I did. Regardless it's quite taxing in a lot of ways fighting such an equal opponent.

On that note, @blaa, next time bring a level 750 team.

league-2022-03-31-difficulty.png

league-2022-03-31-graphs.png

league-2022-03-31-leaderboard.jpg

league-2022-03-31-scoregraph.png

league-2022-03-31-average.png

• Like 4
  • Surprised :O 1
  • Hearts 2

A relatively easy week, Sephira was the only who put up some skill. I did 6916 points with 23,29 average, a bit in the low side even without AM.

imagen.png.3bc6ebe931f17a11b57e45d5bab06c9a.png

side note

1 hour ago, Rarum said:

a slightly longer write-up

"Rarum attack with WALL OF TEXT"

"Attack is successful"

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

HH League Story 114 - D3 - Rachael Week 4 - Running for 4th vs the 750 whale invasion K.png

------------------
D3 run #83 2022/03/24-31
Boosters used: 3 legendaries all the time, 3 AM boosters.
100 players. 99 opponents. 297 fights. wins: 297. losses: 0.
Average: 23.44
Finished: top 4
Girl Shards: Rachael (week 4) +38% X
Refills: 2x188kos 183kos 1x180kos 179kos 172kos 166kos 161kos 160kos 158kos

Decent top 4, although it was a pretty weird group and also a very tense and busy week for me IRL, so I didn't pay as much attention as I usually do. Still, I fully expected Laura Angel and myself to be in Top 4 (always a worthy opponent, despite lagging behind on the Awakenings front now), and Oda as well but as #1, especially after he upgraded his entire team to level 750 early in Phase 2 (with stronger blessings than Phase 1). I had no idea who else would end up sneaking in top 4 until the last day. I had several previously unknown opponents I was monitoring carefully due to the sudden rise of the Level 750 teams, but yyyxxxccc was not one of them and I'm still unclear how they managed to score that high with a middle of the road team, especially that late in the week. Congrats to them, however they pulled it off.

As for me, I briefly dreamed of an unexpected win, but in the end I got what I was aiming for, and that's good enough for me. I'm going to fight tooth and nail no matter what from now on.

Good luck have fun this week, folks. Stay safe!

• Like 7

image.png.06c5b937efc3b3a47521ddb15d5b872a.png

Attempt #27 in D3

Info: <current league> [<last league stats>] [<personal best>]

Average: 22.48 (!) [22.25] [22.31]

Victories: 295/297 [295/297] [300/300]

I started this league with a clear expactation that Top 4 should be doable. The win for Dr.T (Full Lvl 750 team) was expected. Apart from that I saw nobody else which looked much stronger than me. At the end I got a bit nervous, because with 50 fights remaining I was #5 and it was close. So I decided to play safe and start using a mythic booster.  The result shows that it was not necessary, but better safe than sorry. All in all a good week for me with a good and welcome koban income.

• Like 5
  • Surprised :O 1
  • Hearts 1