How you doing in the "League"

casey

This league saw my second Super Serious Showdown, this time with La Kajira. Both of us had the same team power defense teams during the first blessing, while I had 183416.8 and La Kajira had 178761.8 during the second blessing. So very equal in that regard, but La Kajira of course was at level 498 and I was at 485. Actually, I could have been level 486 because I neglected to spend the experience rewards from PoV during an XP contest. I was out at reset time then (I kind of foresaw that but still) and I didn't want to be sniped. Thus I didn't really participate in that contest. It turns out it was even an easy one, so it's definitely a mistake on my part.

I started this bracket with an AME, 2 cordyceps and 1 ginseng. This was not according to plan, but I decided to make the best of it and fight mostly opponents who had a better score prediction at AME+2cor+1gin than AME+3cor. My management of this blunder reduced its negative effect to just 0.9 points. It could have been a couple of points if I didn't do this disaster management. Or, I could have waited for those boosters to run out before starting battles. Anyway, not a big deal. Even an acceptable booster combination to start with, I'd say.

This time I feel like I had learned from my battle with bla not to take a serious opponent roughly at my power lightly. From the get-go I went with a mindset I would be willing to spend, spend, spend, as long as it gave even a small theoretical advantage. And even though La Kajira stayed at 0 score for quite a while at first, when she did start fighting, it looked like she wanted it rough as well.

This being only my second truly all-out fight, I was absolutely still honing my strategy. This time I pivoted a bit more toward taking a riskier approach to blessings change, leaving even some opponents, that I would have considered important targets with my previous prioritization, unfought until BC. It might not even look like that since I already fought a whole lot of people before BC due to there being quite a few who would actually get stronger with their current team at BC, and I'd also be stronger on top of that. But it's not just about my strength which blessing is the better one to do fights; it's also what kind of power I expect my opponents to have. This mythic blessing really separated out those who have been focusing on mythics and those who haven't, so I focused my fights on the ones who had seemingly been focusing on legendaries and fought quite a lot before BC beyond just the most obvious people.

I also tried to permanently semiboost in this league. There could have been a midsnapshot of me unboosted while I was in the process of pivoting to that system, but beyond that I don't think I gave La Kajira a whole lot of good opportunities to get good points off me. When she got to 7371 points, I was thinking she might have one more unfought opponent left still and if so, I figured it almost had to be me, so I kept my boosts on even after having finished with the league myself. After all, if she had to fight me boosted, I at least had a chance, but if she managed to catch me unboosted, I'd lose for sure. I kind of hate that close of battles; there's always that nagging feeling of "what if my opponent does have fights left".

My fears were realized on Thursday morning. La Kajira had gotten 68 points from her last three fights, thus winning her the league. I expect it was me fully boosted that she had fought.

Statistics
My score: 7430 (100.027% of what my algorithm would expect with completely average luck)
Expected score (my algorithm): 7428.0
Expected score (HH++ algorithm): 7422.3 (though I expect my algorithm to give more correct results)

If I had been using the following booster combinations for the duration of the league but with the same fight timing decisions, these would have been my completely average luck scores:
AME+3cor        7428.9
AME+2cor,1gin    7409.4
AME+1cor,2gin    7378.5
AME+2gin,1chlo    7311.4
3 cordy            7282.9
2 cordy, 1 gin    7249.5

Perfect precognition score with average luck and AME+3cor throughout: 7462.38 (24.387 average). The AME+3cor expectation was 99.551% of this.

My biggest fight time choice "mistakes"
* Yami (485), 2.45 points. I fought them on Saturday when they had never been unboosted before. The best time to strike would have been on blessings change. Even in retrospect what I did seems like it was at least an understandable decision, though.
* Diller9 (479), 1.98 points. I fought them already on Thursday, but it turned out they weren't boosting a whole lot. If I was prioritizing attacking on blessings change even more, this could have been avoided, since I even knew their team was only going to be decent at the blessings change. Maybe this is the clearest big mistake I made; something that could have been avoided with a little bit more patience in seeing their boosting pattern.
* Kaitosan (457), 1.91 points. I fought them at the blessings change where they were boosted but in the last moments before a snapshot I figured it might be for the best to fight them then. They had been weaker in the early portion of the league and grew more powerful later on. This is really the opposite case from Diller9. It would have been avoidable, had I prioritized fighting people relatively early despite being unboosted relatively often.
* lilalala (500), 1.91 points. I fought them during second blessing. They had changed team for the BC so that wasn't an option unless I wanted to fight them boosted. Best would have been to strike during the first blessing.
* Jhadaen (388), 1.87 points. I fought them on Friday. They were prior to that giving 23.11 when unboosted and 20.43 when boosted. Furthermore, at the moment of battle, they were in an even more weakened state at 23.50. The huge difference between unboosted and boosted score and the even better unboosted score than prior to that made them look like a lucrative target. However, they were even more lucrative at blessings change.
* moleface (500), 1.76 points. I fought them on Tuesday. They were boosted on blessings change which I had been been gambling on for them, but it turns out to have been a mistake. The opposite lesson from Jhadaen.
* Tirek (472), 1.74 points. I didn't fight them yet on the blessings change, but they became stronger afterwards unboosted than they had been boosted at the blessings change. However, this wasn't even the high for them; that was before the BC.
* memelas (500), 1.66 points. I fought them on blessings change. However, at that point they had already switched to the new blessing's team. Before that I only had two chances to strike them for the best score, one on Thursday and another one on Friday. Perhaps it would have made sense to fight them on Friday when I had collected enough information to know they were boosted a fair bit and they also had a nature team.

But at the same time, as far as I can tell, 51 opponents were fought at the exact perfect time and a further 22 opponents were 0.2 or less points off from the perfect time to strike.

Importantly, I lost just a fraction of a point from the timing decisions from opponents whom before BC I had deemed to be less powerful than at BC. So that part of my strategy seems to be working according to this small sample size. The rest of the fighting decisions seem to be more about luck whether they work out, unfortunately.

Closing thoughts
La Kajira has in my view reasserted her place back above me in the toughest player rankings. But maybe I'd caution reading too much into a win with such a small margin. When bla and I fought, I remember him saying: "may the luckier of us both win". It's at least not due to a singular player that I lost this time, but if a couple more had unboosted during blessings change with which I took a somewhat risky approach, I might have even won. I didn't expect the BC to be quite "a string of 25s" good, but it's also the time when it all started going wrong. Before that point I think I had even good luck, but it turned kind of bad afterwards. A single bad loss against me by La Kajira, which was certainly possible, could also have been enough to make me the winner. Or... maybe even that one player level I could have had would have given me a few extra points (I didn't actually calculate this) and then it would really have been pretty much a tie. Or maybe there was someone I could have leveled up in auxiliary teams; I had already pretty strong ones, though. But enough excuses. I lost fair and square, and at least as far as my own score is considered, it was all in all with very much average luck. I can't be salty about average luck and going in with a mindset of all-in, now can I?

Thus my winning streak of 9 comes to an end. I'm honored that it happened in such a way; it could have been against someone very undeserving due to me using too little boosting in an effort to save resources. So, if anyone was to cut my winning streak, I'm happy that it was against an equal with us both (probably) doing our best. I'd like to hear what it was like from the other side if you still visit the forums, @La Kajira.

Also I'd note that zoopokemon seems to have been growing in power considerably lately. It's not even that bad of a score for mostly level 650 teams.

league-2022-04-14-average.png

league-2022-04-14-boosters.png

league-2022-04-14-difficulty.png

league-2022-04-14-graphs.png

league-2022-04-14-leaderboard.png

league-2022-04-14-scoregraph.png

• Like 7
  • Surprised :O 1

Pretty sad, NGL...
From this:

HH League Story 116 - D3 - Rachael Week 6 - Top 4 Tentatively Going for the Win F.png

To that:
HH League Story 116 - D3 - Rachael Week 6 - Top 4 Tentatively Going for the Win G.png

To this:
HH League Story 116 - D3 - Rachael Week 6 - Top 4 Tentatively Going for the Win O Nope 6 points away.png

------------------
D3 run #85 2022/04/07-14
Boosters used: 3 legendaries all the time, 3 AM boosters.
101 players. 100 opponents. 300 fights. wins: 300. losses: 0.
Average: 23.53
Finished: top 4... by 6 points V_v
Girl Shards: Rachael (week 6) (already grabbed)
Refills: 6x189kos 188kos 2x187kos 184kos 174kos 63kos
Contenders for Top 4: Dmitrii and ME
Maybe: Whoever ends up on top after the gap

And that's what happens when you have two sharks and lots of food in the same fish tank, folks. Nothing too deep to share, here. I knew from day one Dmitrii was my only real adversary in that group, and that he would most likely win if he really went for it. I largely followed my strategy of holding back during Phase 1 then hitting the ground running on Day 1 of Phase 2. He largely followed his strategy of holding back for 6 days and a half, and then bulldozing everything in his wake, boosted or not (but inevitably lots of boosted fish in the mix) in the final half day, with a particular emphasis on the final hour, as if to give a sense of tension or suspense. That's not surprising from a Level 500 veteran D3 winner, as it's the preferred strategy of many of them (for some reason). There was no surprise for me, but yeah a bit of false hope while he held onto his last 20 points near the end. Parts of me thought "hey, it's not impossible that he ended up with a 23.48 average rushing most of his fights against boosted players on the final snapshot... Could it be? Can I win this by 14 points?" and then, the coup de grâce: surprise! you lose by 6 points instead.

Oh well. And yeah, nothing much to say on the rest of the group. Two lucky winners from the post-gap lottery made it into top 4, and what a huge gap it is between the two of us and the rest... :ph34r:💢

We had very similar teams (in Phase 2), both at girl level 700, both with 4 blessed legendaries and 3 mythics. Mine was a bit better (a second blue and a second red versus his green and orange). But his 23 extra player levels and the advantages thereof still gave him the edge, if ever so slightly. Six points. Dammit. ^^

Good luck have fun this week, folks. Stay safe!

• Like 5
  • Sad 2

Got my 16th D3-Top15 in a row last week (23rd overall). Usual setup, 2 Ginseng, 1 Cordyceps, level465-ish, girls mostly at level 650... bla bla. Ended up in the unspectacular no-man's-land between 4th and 16th.

But this season I'll try out the AM-boosters for the first time! Got 4 of them during the first 2 Cumback Competitions. So - why not? I want to see what difference they make and it looks like I'm facing kind of a weak league this time. Maybe I'll even compete for 4th place. If I don't get my ass kicked by the RNG, that is. Already lost ~30 points in the first fights due to horrible bad luck. I hope this will balance out in the end. :)

And hello @bolitho76btw, who is in the same league as me this time. Pretty much my performance twin when it comes to D3. So, good luck to you, too. ;)

• Like 4

This was a good League run for me. Started at level 468 and finished at level 470! I figured I would take a short nap before taking on the last level 500 player though and that was a mistake. I dropped out of 2nd place as I overslept thanks to a Windows update that shut off my alarm clock!

image.png.29d98ecc3e333f949b11802dc61ef717.png

Sim projections put me at getting a 23.18 average (or 6884.46 points). I bested the projection by finishing with a 23.21 average, scoring 6893 points.

Results vs Character class:

Know How:

Sim 23.7 2280 pts   Average = 23.75 game +2.19

Hardcore:

Sim 24.1 2462 pts   Average = 24.14 game +2.13

Charm:

Sim 24.0 2080 pts   Average = 23.11 game -2.76

Have fun in the Leagues this week my friends (and opponents). 😃

• Like 3

Placed Top 4 in D3 for the first time ever! I'm on Nutaku, level 471 hero, just broke level 700 this weekend and got 2 girls there. I'm a f2p who started in 2019, fairly low skill / low effort player, ran 2 ginseng & 1 cordy the whole time, no AM boosters.

Top 4 baby!!!

• Like 10

5 hours ago, Dmitrii said:

another loss, goodbye top 1.

Thanks for this, man. And for being a good sports. I was so salty earlier on that I forgot to congratulate you for the win. So, congrats! 👍 Knowing it was really, really close makes me feel better about it. ❤️

3 hours ago, Shaftiel said:

Top 4 baby!!!

GG, fellow League Addict. :) A screenshot would have been nice, though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Another week in D3, started at level 468, finished at level 470. 

Here is the screenshot taken 33 minutes before the end of the league.

1617717775_Screenshot_20220414-122711_KiwiBrowser.jpg.db28a4eab5947d81983e25e0bb862189.jpg

Final rank: 1st

Boosters used : 18 legendaries (1 cordycep / 2 gingseng 6 times). 3 mythic boosters.

100 players -> 99 opponents -> 297 possible fights -> 297 fights performed -> 297 wins and no loss

I had the strongest team for the whole league week, so I didn't let any chance to my opponents by using a mythic booster for every fight (even if my 25-30 less levels than my opponents could have created a bad surprise).

Take care

• Like 4

Il y a 21 heures, bolitho76 a dit :

grafik.png.4ff37b4cff28f1dc07c4227715ee8e41.png

Thanks bolitho76 : your screenshot is fresher than mine.

As expected, an hard D3. The 1st two places aren't a surprise but we were 5 behind for 3 places. gugu2111 and Lili had a better team than mine at start. It was more balanced from Monday.

So I decided to use 3 AM boosters (2.7 actually) and did more refill than usual. So an expensive 3rd place ! I'd to fight 7 boosted opponents.
I was very unlucky with the perma-boosted Gogeta: 3 defeats (9 8 (0.5% probability!) and 13 for 16.8 announced and 73.4% probability of winning!). Luckily I had more luck on some other opponents.
I expected Lili to be more combative and I didn't expect Tom to be so close to me (congratulations, I'll be more careful in the future) even if his team was stronger than mine for a good part of the week .

Scarlet-Titan (another perma-boosted) rushed 80% of his fights on the first day. A valid strategy since he won but which I find much too expensive (refills + 3 AM boosters). Looks like a Phyrrus victory to me.

100 opponents, 3 losses, 2075 kobans spent, a little average of 23,47

For next week, the biggest winners are Marcel and Milio. I have already beaten them several times but marcel has a much stronger team than mine this time. So it will be difficult to win.

The levels of the teams are getting closer. It will be difficult to make strong averages.

Peace and games for everyone.

Edited by Troctout
  • Like 5

image.png.7f2d0d694d35d1e4d93472e4bb31e222.png

Attempt #29 in D3

Info: <current league> [<last league stats>] [<personal best>]

Average: 22.16 [22.11] [22.48]

Victories: 292/297 [296/297] [300/300]

The result was expected from the beginning on. All the players above me had better or at least equal teams and of course are level 500. So it was clear that a Top 4 is not possible. But I gave my best with normal playing (no mythic, no refills, common legendary boosters) just in case there were some guys which don't take it serious. But unfortunattely there was no surprise. I hope for easier brackets next time :)

• Like 7

On 4/14/2022 at 10:23 PM, Troctout said:

rushed 80% of his fights on the first day. A valid strategy since he won but

It's really just the "grab the Kinky Competition girl " strategy.  It also happened 2 weeks ago and 4 weeks ago etc.

Sadly the developers make it so expensive to grab the Kinky Competition girls.1442906023525.gif.53ad08bacd43992935d44d5fc97c74e5.gif

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, Fiel said:

It's really just the "grab the Kinky Competition girl " strategy.  It also happened 2 weeks ago and 4 weeks ago etc.

Not the best strategy at all. In average it's better to spend the Koban at the Season with the drop of 1 shard with a 50:50 chance. And you can get enough kisses from various sources to gain enough shards for the KC-Girl without spending Koban.

• Like 3

Well, leagues have been fairly unpredictable lately. Fiel beats Gogeta by rushing his league for a completely unrelated reason (which as Bolitho pointed it out, is a lot more kobans than needed for KC; ~200 kisses and done). Tom's screenshot shows not one but two frequent winners at #5 and #6 respectively, who apparently didn't even aim for top 4 that particular week... (I think Z might be less motivated these days like many other veterans; but Laura made a clean top 4 as recently as just the week prior in my group). Dmitrii and I fought to the death for #1 in a group where in retrospect we might have still ended up on top for much cheaper (#3 was over 400 points behind). Even with opponents you're used to face, expect the unexpected, basically. ^^

The meta will probably stabilize once most usual contenders are done unlocking girl level 750. But in the meantime, all bets are off it seems.

Pretty much hanging around the same ranks in D3 that I have been for weeks now. I figured it is time to start pushing for real upgrades and letting my girls hit the next level cap but holy shit its such a massive fucking slog to do it. Is there really no way to mass upgrade and awaken girls or am I missing something? I'm legitimately considering not caring about PVP because its such a monumental time sink to even upgrade the girls. 

4 hours ago, test_user said:

Pretty much hanging around the same ranks in D3 that I have been for weeks now.

Which are? (Your name sounds familiar and I'm sure I had you in my group a few times recently, but you're not on any of my top 15 screenshots).

4 hours ago, test_user said:

Is there really no way to mass upgrade and awaken girls or am I missing something?

No, there isn't. If you'd like to discuss this further, I'll split that discussion into its own QA thread, though.

Good luck, have fun.

8 hours ago, DvDivXXX said:

Which are? (Your name sounds familiar and I'm sure I had you in my group a few times recently, but you're not on any of my top 15 screenshots).

No, there isn't. If you'd like to discuss this further, I'll split that discussion into its own QA thread, though.

Good luck, have fun.

I definitely can't crack top 15 unless I'm consistently boosting which I don't really do because I want to try and preserve them. My ranks are generally within that 16-30. Depending on the blessing and level of girls I have available it will shift in that area. I'm hoping I can eventually crack top 15 again but it will take some time.

I appreciate the offer to split it into a QA thread but I don't have too much more of value to say on it. I wish it was there but I have confirmation that I'm not missing anything and it can't be done. Thanks. Maybe one day though, right? :)

• Thanks 1

grafik.png.61e98bac946814c6f84d10dff8241403.png

grafik.png.cedfe266bcc25198a75632d93a7a5049.png

After the horrible last week a much more expected result this week. Screenshots ca. 30 sec. before reset.

Used my default Booster setting this week again (Ginseng, Chlorella, Cordyceps).

Edited by bolitho76
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

OMG! I never expected my lead to hold but look at this D3 result:

image.png.221f8e356840b1af2e44f5c61ac73851.png

My very first win in the D3 League. It wasn't easy, 14 players at level 500 and I started in the middle of the pack. Jumping up and down and scaring my dog. 🤣

My average was 23.01 and also, for the first time, I had zero losses against 102 opponents.

• Like 4
  • Surprised :O 1
  • Hearts 6

I went into this league with a bit of an "exhaustion" from fighting hard, but it started to seem like sliqguy was playing kind of seriously.

On the first blessing, sliqguy had 13 levels on me, as well as a stronger defense team (183416.8 vs. 189137.11). Two of the big gets from him that I didn't have in a battle-worthy state were Donatella (relatively new) and Selena (a rare girl, and her being sensual, I've felt there have been plenty of better candidates to spend the most valuable gems on). By the end of the first blessing, sliqguy had already fought most opponents.

On the second blessing, it was my 186513.26 team power versus sliqguy's 186279.32, and I could start making a comeback. There was some amount of uncertainty in how high up sliqguy was in average, so I decided to play it safe and spend the Kobans on extra fights against players in their weakened states while I could. It was an expensive win, but that was due to sliqguy providing just enough resistance to keep me guessing whether I needed to play it just "really well" or "almost my best". So, good game. Not quite "luck of the draw even at full power" level of a match-up, but it's absolutely fine for my blood pressure to have reprieve from those ones.

And I think I got my first error 500 ban. Contests suck because of this kind of a thing as well.

Statistics
My score: 7336 (100.51% of what my algorithm would expect with completely average luck)
Expected score (my algorithm): 7298.9
Expected score (HH++ algorithm): 7289.4

If I had been using the following booster combinations for the duration of the league but with the same fight timing decisions, these would have been my completely average luck scores:
AME+3cor         7303.1
AME+2cor,1gin    7278.1
AME+1cor,2gin    7240.9
AME+2gin,1chlo   7171.6
3 cordy          7136.9
2 cordy, 1 gin   7100.1

Perfect precognition score with average luck and AME+3cor throughout: 7356.57
(24.279 average). The AME+3cor expectation was 99.273% of this.

My three biggest point losses from fight time choices:
* Geidt (478), 5.13 points
* Elessar (496), 2.98 points
* herger (477), 2.81 points

I fought 37 opponents at the exact perfect time, and a further 24 opponents at 0.2 or lower points off from the best time.

league-2022-04-21-boosters.png

league-2022-04-21-difficulty.png

league-2022-04-21-graphs.png

league-2022-04-21-leaderboard.jpg

league-2022-04-21-scoregraph.png

league-2022-04-21-average.png

Edited by Rarum
The perfect precognition score was incorrect, but I managed to fix it.
  • Like 4

Not making any progress:

103 players, 306 possible fights, 282 fights done. 17.13 average

top45.thumb.png.051c6ed8cf74e83f818d3f25d95979fc.png

Top 10:top10.thumb.png.b440178a889a61806a320c8ffe46992d.png

I'm seeing more and more lvl 500 players, and the average level of D3 seems to be raising (Faster than what I was expecting, at least). But maybe I'm just unlucky ending up in more difficult groups.

I see a median level around 470, vs ~460 when I started in D3. I gained 22 levels in the meantime, but it doesn't feel any easier (Especially considering how fast my stash of Cordyceps is melting, just to barely stay in Top 45)

• Like 5

Soo... my first experiment with AM boosters is over. Results: see bolitho's post (I'm 5th).

Dang, I wanted to build up tension by showing a screenshot from 5 minutes before the end of the league. I was 1 point ahead of Ouragant then - despite my only loss in the very last fight against perma-boosted Ichigo-Kun. Would have been a nice story, but Ouragant obviously saved a few fights till the end.

Ah, well. It was a little bit unlucky that some not very competitive veteran players suddenly tried hard this week. I was counting on at least one of them to play without any ambition. Like Ouragant whose best result in over five years is one third place. But I'm not unhappy with the results. Reached a personal best of 22.44 points per fight (0.7-0.8 more than usual thanks to the AM boosters) and basically failed due to my old enemy: the mediocre club bonuses. ;)

But it was a fun change of pace, doing so much damage for once. And now I know how much of a difference the boosters really make. That's quite helpful, I guess.

EDIT:
@Liliat

I see a median level around 470, vs ~460 when I started in D3. I gained 22 levels in the meantime, but it doesn't feel any easier (Especially considering how fast my stash of Cordyceps is melting, just to barely stay in Top 45)

Hmm, maybe it has (at least in part) something to do with the Cumback Contests prizes - the AM boosters that are much more commonplace now than a few weeks before, where using them didn't make much sense for almost anyone, because they were too expensive.

I'd consider this part of the explanation for my recent league fail. Maybe it has something to do with your current struggles, too.

No matter the reason, you're doing great for a level 414 player. I presume it will get noticably easier over the next few weeks if you (and your girls) level up fast. And you'll be a regular face in the Top30 in no time. You're not that far away from it as it may seem.

Edited by Moonlynx
  • Like 4

Another week in D3, started at level 470, finished at level 473. 

Here is the screenshot taken at the end of the league.

Hentai_Heroes_-_2022-04-21_13_00_08.png.a58f001e220c12377f6135537909af6f.png

Final rank: 3rd

Boosters used : 18 legendaries (1 cordycep / 2 gingseng 6 times). 1 mythic booster.

102 players -> 101 opponents -> 303 possible fights -> 303 fights performed -> 303 wins and no loss

I had the feeling I should use 1 mythic booster to avoid the 5th place. I was right 😎

Congrats to @govenants for his victory despite his not very strong team for the first part of the league.

Take care

• Like 3
  • Hearts 1

And I thought last week's false hopes until Dmitrii passed me over in the last hour was bad. Haha! Nah, that's the stuff:

1 minute left:HH League Story 117 - D3 - O Malley Week 1 - Top 4 run in a weird group with Shal I.png

And the dick move of the week award goes to:HH League Story 117 - D3 - O Malley Week 1 - Top 4 run in a weird group with Shal J.png

------------------
D3 run #86 2022/04/14-21
Boosters used: 3 legendaries all the time, 1.5 AM boosters.
103 players. 102 opponents. 306 fights. wins: 305. losses: 1.
Average: 22.85
Finished: top 4
Girl Shards: (O'Malley Week 1) +38%
Refills: 188kos 186kos 185kos 164kos 125kos
Contenders for Top 4: Shal, ME, maybe some of the new 500/750
Maybe: Whoever ends up on top after the gap
Dick Move of the week: Thek "sniping" in league... V_v

Thek. A random level 500 I've never noticed before and whose team and performance were by no means impressive in this particular league. And somehow applies the Contests strategy of sniping in Leagues for no apparent reason (cruelty, maybe?). To be clear, it's not a refresh issue, they were already at 6,991 points almost two hours before the end, so there was no advantage to hold onto their final 20 points for that long.  Well played, I guess (winning D3 with a 22.91 average ^^).

This league I wanted to play it cool and just make sure to be high enough in the post-Shal gap to earn a top 4 spot. The first surprise was that Shal apparently ran out of fucks to give (a trend that only seems to spread further among regular D3 winners of the Old Age as the transition to the New Age is approaching its end, fortunately slash unfortunately). Then I found myself in the awkward position of being in the lead and, had I known in advance Shal would not challenge me, objectively the favorite... Except that would have meant playing almost all of my fights in Phase 1, while my line-up was much stronger against the field than it was in Phase 2 (I only have one of the seven +56% legendaries of the current HH blessings at or even near my max girl level; many opponents have more, obviously).

Still, I fought the best I could. Not really expecting that #1 to hold, but confident I would get a solid top 4 anyway. Until this morning, when I noticed that only two players seemed to have even tried to contest the top spot, and most likely failed. Two hours of monitoring the scores and seeing nothing move at all. Especially considering the only opponent close to me was 2 points behind, I really, really started to hope. Until the literal last minute, when Thek, whoever that is, must have had their fun by finally revealing I had lost all along. So yeah, I'm not mad I didn't get the win, but I'm mad I've been given false hopes for hours only to take it away at the last moment, like someone was playing with their food and I was the food. Lesson learned, Thek. Next time we cross paths, I'll make sure to return the favor to the best of my ability. ^^

Other than that, well, this was an unusually large group for D3 these days, and a very weak one overall (myself included, this is my poorest average in I don't know how long, but as I mentioned I wasn't going for the win initially). So yeah, pretty boring aside from the unexpected and unnecessary emotional roller coaster at the tail end.

Good luck have fun this week, folks. Stay safe!

• Like 4
  • Sad 1