How you doing in the "League"

casey

Another week in D3, started at level 474, finished at level 475.

Screenshot taken 2 minutes before the end of the league. 

IMG_20220505_125849.png.15bcbd7d9fc7bfff17945b6c549be506.png

Final rank: 4th

Boosters used : 18 legendaries (1 cordycep / 2 gingseng 6 times). 3 mythic booster.

103 players -> 102 opponents -> 306 possible fights -> 306 fights performed -> 306 wins and no loss

I knew last week it will be a tough league and I wanted to know what I can do in that configuration. So, I used 3 AM boosters even if I hadn't the best team (about 6-7k less than the best for team total power). In the end, I realise that I'm almost 250 points behind the 1st, so I still have a long way to compete against him (probably I need a better team, better equipments and maybe more offensive boosters) 

Have a good week and take care. 

• Like 5

Another week at the top... Please, don't change anything... that old cowboy is getting used to the celebration at the saloon after all these duels... the ladies are always so charming ^^

All in all, Fran and Tatouf weren't my real adversaries there (they probably didn't even try), but Test was hidden far below the veteran horde, and snaked his way to the top, thanks to his youth and a very impressive 750lvl team of determined ladies... 
But well, one needs more than juvenile vigor and overzealous ladies to take on the weathered Marshall... Final results show that the Deputy still has the 'golden finger' ^^

Let's keep it that way for a little while longer, shall we? :)

Capture d’écran 2022-05-05 à 12.52.50.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

My belief is that @Hugh Jerexion is now out of fights to do, with a final average of 24.05. It's certainly within the realms of possibility that you have more, but that would throw out some assumptions about how you've played out the window.

This was not a good set of blessings to be confronting a full-cordyceps level 750 team from a level 500 player. In the first week, it was 160604.4 total power versus Hugh's 193809 total power. I had no No High Mage Arcana, who was the best girl for both blessings, so an enormous loss, in addition to other troubles with getting good teams. Of note is that there were a lot of physical teams during the first blessing, which makes missing High Mage Arcana even more dire. So, Hugh really managed to hit an Achilles' heel of mine.

I had wanted to level up Sugarmama Lupa's Mom even before the first blessing of this league, but there just was not enough playful gems to go around for that. Maybe I should have bit the bullet and upgraded Aiko, so I could have at least countered physical teams (which there were a lot of) effectively. But I can't exactly guess who I'm up against at the time of a cumback competition.

In this second blessing, I have 179158 total power on my defense team, while Hugh seems to have 214348.4.

Despite this gigantic gap in power throughout the league, I've kind of started turning things around at the blessings change. It's going to be interesting to see if I can catch up; I've at least decided not to give up. Regardless, a good game. I should have taken this more seriously from the start and actually had some overall strategy of more than just "try and save Kobans by utilizing natural regeneration".

Something that's going to be interesting is hearing how many AMEs did Hugh use.

9 minutes ago, Rarum said:

My belief is that @Hugh Jerexion is now out of fights to do

Your belief is correct. 

9 minutes ago, Rarum said:

Something that's going to be interesting is hearing how many AMEs did Hugh use.

2 and a few. 

Is bropeppo on your radar? Never seen them in leagues before and they have a full 750 team (but not Eliana).

22 minutes ago, Hugh Jerexion said:

2 and a few. 

Good. You need that to have a level playing field with me, even in a weakened state. Before the blessings change I was at 23.77 while now I'm looking at 23.98.

I've definitely seen bropeppo before, but not personally paid a huge amount of attention. I can find talk on Discord about them being a whale. A level 750 team is of some note even these days and their 220513.65 total power is even greater than yours, but at level 468 it's going to be hard to get good rankings regardless. And that booster combination is a fairly budget one. I could maybe see them getting to the top 4, though, but there are other contenders for that and I don't feel like doing a deeper analysis.

• Like 1

No, I'm not one day early but I'm 6 days late! 😄
I thought this league will be easy for me with no hard gamers in it.

I must say that I didn't play it very seriously because I was very busy IRL.

I finally won but I was a little scared for the last 2 days. Jojo42 had a better team than me. Congratulations to him for his 2nd place.

101 opponents, no loss, less than 1000 kobans spent (YES!) and only 1 AM booster used. An average of 23,56

855807677_Captureligues..thumb.JPG.e9a9fb5b02513dfefd583fbe32418e2d.JPG

This week isn't the same story with many players with full lvl750 team. Slynia and Tony are too strong for me. Even top 4 will be hard. We'll see tomorrow.

Edited by Troctout
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

My new work schedule forces me to rush the last 10-11 hours. Here is what it looks like in the D3 this week:

image.png.1b5aecc7ce1fb3bc70922be7d8ede69c.png

My average of 23.05 is good enought to land me in the top 15 no mater what happens in the next few hours. Say what you will about class making no difference guys, but in this D3 the Charm players totally dominated.

Rank by class:

Top 1-4:

KH = 1, CH = 3

Top 5-15

KH = 2, CH = 9

Top 16-45

KH = 8, CH = 6, HC = 10

Have fun 😃

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Pelinor said:

Say what you will about class making no difference guys, but in this D3 the Charm players totally dominated.

Yeah, but that's confirmation bias don't you think? I mean, before Classes ceased to exist (except for the legacy battle system in Champion fights), the vast majority of high-level competitive players had switched their Class to CH while it was brokenly OP. There's no particular incentive for any of these, or for any player period, to spend 600 more kobans just to change the icon on their profile page now that Classes are decorative. So most of the usual high-ranking D3 players are still technically CH, because that's where we were at before the patch that gutted Classes of their substance.

• Like 6

grafik.png.a5b59e7ce2dca5cfa63e52f77597ac1d.png

grafik.png.dbe766150ea4bc2deb4fff3b11254b95.png

A 5th place to me, but I expected not more with theese guys in the bracket. The only sad thing is, that I had a better average result in points than the last week and there it was enough for a top4.

grafik.png.06f60c3ff7788dac93081d774e600e63.png

Im fine with the result and in the next week I will have my first girls at lvl 700 (I hope, because I wait for a matching contest).

Oh, by the way: Got the girl and 28 Flowers 😉

Edited by bolitho76
  • Like 6

Another surprisingly good week for me:

- 101 players, 300 possible fights, 293 fights done

- 5423 Points, 18.5 average (Up from 17.9)

- Final rank 26th

top30-1min.thumb.png.5b2d68fa1dea6e19d689c42ad0ec3208.png

Top 10:

top10-1min.thumb.png.b775a47fc115302f984c3fe7dd6032bf.png

I started reaching lvl 700 (Currently only 4 girls up there), so it should become easier from now on. Hopefully I'll be able to consistently stay in Top 30 now 🤞

• Like 5

HH League Story 120 - D3 - O Malley Week 4 - Top 15 and chill B.png

------------------
D3 run #89 2022/05/05-12
Boosters used: 3 legendaries all the time, 0.4 AM boosters.
101 players. 100 opponents. 300 fights. wins: 292. losses: 8.
Average: 22.17
Finished: top 15
Girl Shards: (O'Malley Week 4)X
Refills: 2x188kos
Contenders for top 4: Dr.T (495/750), lots of RHB Tsubasa CNO, Asoa & more.
Maybe: whoever gets lucky past the gap? ME? sounds like top 15 and chill

Well, Top 15 and chill accomplished, but what a weird-ass league. ^^ It's not every week the now routine gap between those who fight hard for the top spots and the rest of the group is directly between #1 and #2. I mean, after my previous league and knowing his top-tier level 750 team, Dr. T was the clear favorite for me. But I sure didn't expect all the other big threats with top teams to chillax. I'm glad for @FinderKeeper's top 4, hope it stuck (but I think it did since my final rank was still #6). And good for former clubmate Asoa to grab a last minute top 4 on the cheap, I guess. I just kept expecting scores to rise up in the last half hour or so (which Asoa's did, from around #30 to #4 in a blip). I could probably have made top 4 myself had I anticipated 6,700-ish would be more than enough. But I got burnt before so I kept my AM and resources close to the chest. Better a controlled #6 (even if it's basically a couple of defeats away from #4) than a #5 while running for top 4. :ph34r:💢

Good luck have fun this week, folks. Stay safe!

• Like 7

I expected that Blue with a full 750 mythic team (a bit stronger than mine) and Glutinus with a full 750 and blessed team (a lot stronger than me after and before blessing change) would be the main rivals, and Blue was, but Glutinus lacked a bit of punch, so this time you can congratulate me, my friends. B| Another win without AM booster.

imagen.png.1d4c664926d12551c36e70bb5a9a3bc0.png

For the next week I am in a somewhat weak group, were XXDongXX is the main rival, but we shouldn't forget shal even if their girls are still underleveled.

Edited by jelom
  • Like 8

I've elaborated on me having lacked good teams already. I did try to play seriously for a little bit after that, but when it became a mathematical impossibility to win, I asked myself "what am I doing?" And I saved a stack of 3 cordyceps and a partial AME with that. Anyway, clearly I didn't learn from my fight with La Kajira after all. I shouldn't hold back leveling up my best girls if it looks like it might be needed.

And it was actually RedEagle who won. Their total power was 207702.95 at the end.

It's a bit hard to see, but on the blessings change I unleashed a new strategy upon the world. It could have been nicer to be able to unveil it when I achieved a major victory, but you take what you get. Now my strategy splits the league week into three parts. There's a pre-BC part, the mid-BC part, and the post-BC part.

The big idea of the pre-BC part is fighting players who would be better off even with their current team after the blessings change. Of course in practice you have to fight at least possible permaboosters if an opportunity presents itself, and probably also save on those expensive fight restocks.

The mid-BC part is the new one. Its existence actually depends on whether you get stronger or weaker after the BC. That is, you only do this if you'd have more total power with the new set of blessings versus the first week's. Just before the BC rollover snapshot you are in the best position to determine which players will be unboosted and which ones will be boosted after the rollover. The idea, then, is to fight players who are unboosted now but would be boosted after the snapshot has taken place. You get the advantage of a stronger team than you'd have afterwards, but minimizing the impact on which unboosted players would be available right after the BC snapshot.

And the post-BC strategy hasn't really changed. Ideally, you'd fight players as soon as they were seen unboosted.

I thought it would be easier to rank players when they are pitted against each other, but I'll clearly have a lot of thinking to do with this bracket regarding that.

I figured it made sense to include the winner's one as well, even though I'm a bit unsure about RedEagle's average graph. But maybe that is why I didn't really expect them to be the winner. Also something that mattered a lot in that is that I was just lazy about checking other people's scores than Hugh's.

Statistics
My score at 296 fights: 7092 (99.89% of what my algorithm would expect with completely average luck)
Expected score (my algorithm): 7099.5
Expected score (HH++ algorithm): 7055.5

If I had been using the following booster combinations for the duration of the league but with the same fight timing decisions, these would have been my completely average luck scores:
AME+3cor         7266.5
AME+2cor,1gin    7241.9
AME+1cor,2gin    7205.6
AME+2gin,1chlo   7132.4
3 cordy          7091
2 cordy, 1 gin   7051.3

Perfect precognition score with average luck and AME+3cor throughout: 7349.94 (24.257 average). The AME+3cor expectation was 98.865% of this.

league-2022-05-12-average.png

league-2022-05-12-boosters.png

league-2022-05-12-difficulty.png

league-2022-05-12-graphs.png

league-2022-05-12-leaderboard.jpg

league-2022-05-12-scoregraph.png

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Hearts 1

image.png.a27ee2f85f6d386f29dc0c2ab139842d.png

Attempt #33 in D3

Info: <current league> [<last league stats>] [<personal best>]

Average: 22.74 (!) [22.45] [22.48]

Victories: 294/297 [304/306] [300/300]

Last week I hoped for an easier bracket and I got it. After blessings changed it was clear that a Top 4 is possible. So I decided to invest in one AME Booster and don't repeat the wrong decisions during last weeks. Seems like it wasn't necessary, so not optimal, but better safe than sorry 🙂. At least I got this booster during CBC, so I take the nice and needed koban reward.

Have fun next week ;)

• Like 6
  • Hearts 1

2 hours ago, E. N. D. said:

[aka Limule Tempest]?

I knew avatars were now separated between the forum and the game, but I had no idea it was the same for nicknames. No wonder I haven't noticed you in league in awhile! ^^ Good to know. I'll pay attention to that Limule Tempest from now on. And congrats for the win, looks that was pretty tight. ❤️ 

• Thanks 1

Sorry but no screenshot this time. I was too busy IRL. 

I didn't even have time to do my last 3 fights.
Fortunately, I was still able to maintain a 4th place.
A Pyhrus victory because I used 2.76 AM boosters and spent 1886 kobans !

As expected, Slynia and Tony fought for victory. There were plenty of full lvl750 teams in this D3 and I didn't played well so my average (23.59) isn't very good for 3 AM boosters. I urge a lvl750 team.

100 opponents, 297 fights, no loss, 6959 points

At 7:30 GMT+1, Slynia was 1rst, Tony 2nd and Relampago 3rd.

Next week. No hard gamers in my league. Only Govenants :P. I'm still very busy, so I'll fight for a cheaper top 4.

Peace and games for everyone.

• Like 5
  • Surprised :O 1
  • Hearts 1

Well, looking back, the good old Winchester 3AM may have been a little too much to bring to this gunfight... But the most important part is that the city's safe and the outlaws have learnt their lesson again, thanks to the Marshall and his one-week deputy assistant Sinnet89 (congrats to him for his results)^^

Looks like this man of law has an addiction to winning...
Dunno if it has anything to do with the 'winner's reward' from the girls at the Saloon's on thursday night?
so many of these beautiful damsels, the Ol' Sheriff could imagine himself entertaining a harem...

Capture d’écran 2022-05-12 à 12.50.10.jpg

• Like 6
  • Hearts 1

18 hours ago, Troctout said:

At 7:30 GMT+1, Slynia was 1rst, Tony 2nd and Relampago 3rd.

Thanks for the reminder, here was the standing 5 min before the end ^^

No description available.

Thought for sure Tony was going to win as his team power was 20k over mine at first and a bit over 10k over mine after blessing change.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Hearts 1

Another week in D3, started at level 475, finished at level 477.

Screenshot taken 18 minutes before the end of the league. 

1715142412_Screenshot_20220512-124221_KiwiBrowser.jpg.3218b827713dbcc4f9e4f8fcd3adf2c6.jpg

Final rank: 3rd

Boosters used : 18 legendaries (1 cordycep / 2 gingseng 6 times). 0.21 mythic booster.

100 players -> 99 opponents -> 297 possible fights -> 297 fights performed -> 296 wins and 1 loss

I just used a mythic booster for the 21 last fights to improve my chances to get wins against Gogeta and 4t+ who were perma boosted and it worked since I got 3 wins against each one of them.

Have a good week and take care. 

• Like 7

Le 13/05/2022 à 18:10, Slynia a dit :

Thanks for the reminder, here was the standing 5 min before the end ^^

Thought for sure Tony was going to win as his team power was 20k over mine at first and a bit over 10k over mine after blessing change.

Thanks. So the 3 fights that I couldn't do wouldn't have allowed me to win a place but I almost got kicked out of the top 4.

Even if I played very hard, I couldn't have won this league. You were too strong for me.

To win, you'll have soon to have the best possible maxed team, use 3 AM boosters and to be a little lucky. That's why I think that this part of the game has become frankly P2W (purchase gem blundles, books, AM boosters, season pass and monthly card to be able to continue to finish the seasons while fighting for the league victory).

As a F2P player, the only things that made me do well in the league so far are my seniority (but that's over now) and the amount of kobans I saved before the arrival of gems.

Edited by Troctout
  • Like 5

Couldn't get the time to come here say my results 😅

I endend up 51st iirc, so not high enough. I'm currently demoting to D2 (Not for long i hope, since i just unlocked the lvl 650 for my teams)

Gz to you all for your tops! :)

(PS: @Kenrae you hit too hard. :'( )

• Like 5

My week in the D3 went well (maybe a top 4 finish, crossing fingers);

image.png.70fe25847fb95a3830f8d72bd8055fec.png

My best score yet and with zero losses to boot! Perma boosted for all but 2 combats which had no shot of changing things given who I was up against.

Have fun in the new week 😃

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Pelinor said:

(maybe a top 4 finish, crossing fingers)

As always, hard to tell from just the current top 10 (there could be plenty of top 4 contenders following the "the later the better" strategy and still hidden low in the ranks right now). But from that screenshot alone, the only two opponents I can see who would definitely fight for #1 are already both ahead of you, so unless there are two more of those waiting for tomorrow noon to strike, your top 4 looks safe (especially with such a big gap right behind you). 🙏