How you doing in the "League"

casey

our boy @Chico BonBon has won several leagues so far @Kenrae he´s been doing quite good for a couple of months now, especially now that he almost caught up level wise

6 hours ago, Kenrae said:

Chico BonBon appeared out of nowhere, that's a new one. More and more players are reaching top4 contender status.

No AME used. Low scores overall in this league, it was packed full of high level people with level 750 teams.

• Like 1

Screenshot taken just before the end of the league.

476162205_Screenshot_20220915-125849_KiwiBrowser.jpg.0c6926d073de8dde43adf07e1a7c845d.jpg

Final rank: 2nd

Boosters used : 18 legendaries (1 cordycep / 2 gingseng 6 times). 0 A.M.E.

99 opponents -> 297 wins and 0 loss

As expected, I knew that I won't win this league against yyyxxxccc without mythic boosters but I prefered to move forward in the season. So, I'm ok with this top 4 (0 koban spent)

Have a good week and take care.

Edited by Tom208
  • Like 10
  • Surprised :O 1

I tried the D2 league again to see if I would make a chance this time, never before I was able to get 1st place and keep it during the whole time with only minor refills, on day one I used 2 and later one more because there were still opponents that I could easily win and get a good avg score.

So yeah I'm pretty proud of this accomplishment and I'm going to brag about it, below you can see it in the screenshot:

D2League3d12h19m.thumb.JPG.43ef80704942b5bf60ebdd5ed5865e6c.JPG

I don't understand why I can be 1st with such a low avg score, what are the other players doing?

Why is this happening, if anyone can clear this up or you have a hunch please share because I don't have a clue and don't have an answer for this.

Whatever the answer may be, I'm pretty happy regardless.

• Haha 2
  • Thinking 1
  • Hug 1

4 minutes ago, Chuck Nutz said:

So yeah I'm pretty proud of this accomplishment and I'm going to brag about it

Not here, you won't. The "accomplishment" of being temporarily #1 half-way through the league? You know, you can be #1 just a few minutes after the league starts, right? Now, that's badass. ^^

Seriously, though, this isn't a thread for people who barely understand the concept of how Leagues work. It's a thread for people who are serious about the Leagues. After the Omer B noob question avalanche, I won't have patience for much more.

Don't make a weekly report in this thread until the last day, when you have a screenshot of the final rankings. That's what counts. Otherwise, please don't bother posting in here. You can ask how the league works in QA, or go brag to Holy in you guys' club chat or Discord. But this here thread is not for trolling.

Thanks. ¬¬🚬

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Chuck Nutz said:

I don't understand why I can be 1st with such a low avg score, what are the other players doing?

Why is this happening, if anyone can clear this up or you have a hunch please share because I don't have a clue and don't have an answer for this.

Whatever the answer may be, I'm pretty happy regardless.

You're first there, b/c you used refills, and other players didn't.  The league week is just almost halfway at this point.  It's not over yet.  You didn't win yet, unless that screenshot is an old one from last week.  If that's a current screenshot, you'll be passed by other players by the end, and you should hope to be, b/c otherwise you'd promote to DIII, and you don't wanna be there w/ just a 106k team.

• Like 7
  • Thinking 1

On 9/19/2022 at 1:05 AM, DvDivXXX said:

Not here, you won't. The "accomplishment" of being temporarily #1 half-way through the league? You know, you can be #1 just a few minutes after the league starts, right? Now, that's badass. ^^

Seriously, though, this isn't a thread for people who barely understand the concept of how Leagues work. It's a thread for people who are serious about the Leagues. After the Omer B noob question avalanche, I won't have patience for much more.

Don't make a weekly report in this thread until the last day, when you have a screenshot of the final rankings. That's what counts. Otherwise, please don't bother posting in here. You can ask how the league works in QA, or go brag to Holy in you guys' club chat or Discord. But this here thread is not for trolling.

Thanks. ¬¬🚬

Well, talk to the hand buddy and here's why...

I've been 1st during the whole week now so I'm keeping it up and here's proof of that.

HvrJtc.jpg

So I'm NOT trolling man.

• Hug 3

You are trolling now, @DvDivXXXexplained that this thread is just for final league positions, not for bragging how well you think you are doing during the week. If you have a serious question about why, create a thread in Q&A, if you want to brag post in Chit-Chat.

As for why you are still top, as @Ravi-Samasaid you have used extra fights (18 to be precise). Which is a good idea if there are good targets to fight, but it will give you a higher score then people who don't use re-fills. So when you come to the last day or two and can't battle because you've used all your fights, others will catch you up and possibly pass you.

If you stay top, well played. But if you don't, learn from the experience.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Hearts 1

2 hours ago, Chuck Nutz said:

I've been 1st during the whole week now so I'm keeping it up and here's proof of that.

So I'm NOT trolling man.

1 hour ago, Incubys said:

If you stay top, well played. But if you don't, learn from the experience.

He's probably gonna suffer in DIII now, and have to skip a week to demote.  That'll force him to learn this lesson.  Especially w/ just a 99k team now.  I'm surprised he's lvl  447, but doesn't realize how refills work.  Should've taken the hint, and tried to drop to 16th place.

Edited by Ravi-Sama
  • Like 5
  • Hug 1

On 9/21/2022 at 10:39 AM, Chuck Nutz said:

Also, as long as it was just a weird English mistake that only Holy made, I ignored it and eventually came to add it to the pile of cute things Holy says. But if it's going to spread to his clubmates, I'll have to clarify.

"Buddy" =/= "friend" or "dude" (originally US but now very global) or "mate" (still 100% Brit). I won't give a whole lesson here, but basically in everyday spoken English, you'll only ever see "buddy" used positively when talking to a pet or a small child. In 99% of cases when you call someone "buddy", you're provoking them (if you're fluent in English and know the nuance), especially at the end of the sentence. It's similar to "pal" in this regard.

Anyways. I'll leave the posts above because they're kind of educative. Chuck, you used to be a player who deliberately slowed down their game progression to stay seemingly forever stuck in the early game, and that was original but absolutely fine. You absolutely ignored PvP back then. I liked you better then. Now, you come to the LAA thread to troll?... V_v Holy should have taught you better. If your next post is anything but a normal POST-league report, I'll nuke it. If anyone posts anything more about this incident, I'll nuke it. We are very much done here.

• Like 2
  • Thinking 1

Not the best week for me this time. I had terrible blessings, and I don't have enough lvl 750 Mythic girls to make a full team, so I only had ~147k TP.

It was a 102 players league (303 possible fights), which means I needed to refill to finish. With my 16 remaining fights, I needed a 21.7 avg to reach 15th, and considering my general average is around 20, I didn't risk it (Also, I was too busy sniping contests).

So I finished 24th with 287/303 fights done. 20.13 avg, 5777 points.

No screenshot; too many things required my attention in the last minutes.

• Like 9

RedEagle seemed to actually be trying a little in this league, so I showed who's boss. I expected a good blessings change and it did of course deliver, but in retrospect it looks like I could have gone even harder.

Blessings
1st week: +25% for Voyeur, +30% for Dark Pink hair
2nd week: +20% for Mythic, +25% for Splitting Bamboo

Defense teams used
1st week: 171431.13 total power. darkness2-psychic2-water1-stone1-fire1 consisting of Lovebot Norou, Royal Housemaid, Matcha, Undercover Valentina, Darla, Nike and Norou. 22.15 is the maximum average one could get against it.
2nd week: 192514.43 total power. darkness2-stone2-nature2-fire1 consisting of Matcha, Royal Housemaid, Level up Red, Undercover Valentina, Alexa, Golden Lupa and Druiada Titania. 21.898 is the maximum average one could get against it.

Statistics
# of opponents: 102
My score: 7395 (99.96% of the score with completely average luck)
Expected score: 7398.2

If I had been using the following booster combinations for the duration of the league but with the same fight timing decisions, these would have been my completely average luck scores:
AME+3cor         7400.2
AME+2cor,1gin    7380.2
AME+1cor,2gin    7342.5
AME+2gin,1chlo   7268.5
3 cordy          7233.3
2 cordy, 1 gin   7200.1

Perfect precognition score with average luck and AME+3cor throughout: 7467.15 (24.402 average). The AME+3cor expectation was 99.103% of this.

league-2022-09-22-boosters.png

league-2022-09-22-difficulty.png

league-2022-09-22-graphs.png

league-2022-09-22-leaderboard.jpg

league-2022-09-22-scoregraph.png

• Like 7

image.png.5abf922eabf489aa409fa8050dee095a.png

Attempt #50 in D3

Info: <current league> [<last league stats>] [<personal best>]

Average: 23.24 [22.27] [23.5]

Victories: 301/303 [296/297] [303/303]

Expensive week for me, because I was several days off and needed a lot of refills. Good to be in Top 4 which still results in a good netto win of kobans. I used 2 mythic boosters and mostly 2 ginseng/1 cordy legendary. I had some light hopes to win this, but at the end the others just did better/invested more. They won 20+ times, so seems like they know what is necessary. I usually have a good team and lvl 500 comes closer, so I hope for a good next week.

Edited by MrXY
  • Like 9

HH League Story 138 - D3 - Elphiba Week 5 - Top 4 and Soft Win Attempt - D.png

------------------
D3 run #108 2022/09/15-22
Boosters: 24/7 (5x2gin+1co 0x1gin2co 2x3co 0x3gin). 1 AM. (206 fights w/o)
103 players. 102 opponents. 306/6 fights. wins:  300. losses: 0.
Average: 23.34
Finished: #1
Girl Shards: Elphiba (Week 5)X already completed
Refills: 3x187kos 185kos 179kos 3x177kos 154kos = 1610kos
[[My Day One Analysis:
Contenders for top 4: I don't see any. Maybe ME and GetOverHere?
Maybe: whoever gets lucky past the gap
Plan: Damn, a Nutaku style oversized group. It's been awhile. It seems damn weak too at first glance. Might go for the win in Phase 1. Phase 2 I'll have a weak team. I won't decide today, though. Easy pickoffs only for now. Alright, I'll at least aim for a top 4.]]
Cost: 1610kos (refills) + 0kos (1stored AM) + 0kos (Cords) = 1610kos
Profit: 7218kos -1610kos = 5608kos ❤️

"Knowledge is power. And I... know a lot". (too many HearthStone characters to name ^^)

Okay, long story short: I managed to both underestimate and overestimate some of my opponents at the same time. ^^ Underestimated the power level of a fair few of them. Overestimated how well the other contenders would actually play.

GetOverHere was definitely in a top 4 contending position on paper, but it's far from the first time he's in my league lately and I note him as a contender but he ends up misplaying his way out of top 4 (he might not be trying, to be fair).

But there were a handful of other players with strong teams on paper in both phases, but especially in Phase 2, which offered far weaker blessings overall. And I'm the only one who saw this coming and focused on Phase 1 at all (granted, my specific line-ups pushed me in that direction, but yeah, top teams in Phase 1 were much much more potent than those of Phase 2, basically 180k+ vs 150-160k give or take).

Especially with such a large group, I fully expected scores to go much higher, and my #1 temp position to eventually be contested or even flat out erased. But no. The three who sit by my side in the final top 4 all rushed the hell out of the final couple of hours, which was far from ideal, and even though two of them had near-top teams with strong blessed level 750 girls, they wouldn't have beaten my score even if I hadn't used my last 3 fights. Which I did last minute, for once, because...

Special mention to Uxio for burning 3 cordys a day seemingly without using them (at least in League). I've spent the entire week waiting for him specifically to lose the boosters (he was temp #2 most of the week behind me). He never did (or at least I never had a snapshot of him unboosted), and it was 3 cordys a day throughout the week. That would have been wasteful even for a win. For a top 4, still way overkill. Finishing #5 like this... ouch. Oh well, he cost me a bit of future XP by making me take one loss, at least. But is that worth 21 cordyceps on its own? Ich don't think so. ^^

Anyhow, my 7th D3 win. And the first one ever with my still recent "don't waste kobans" policy. It was a little bit of a gamble, but I'm glad I took the chance. B|🚬

Good luck have fun this week, folks. Stay safe!

• Like 7
  • Thinking 1
  • Hearts 1

This week was nice. I avoided the sorry rng >.2% "wins" where my opponent received 4-5 crits in a row which made the contest much more pleasant. Couple that with a weaker than normal group of 101 players where the gems made it impossible for the group to have maxed teams with the very best blessings and look what I got:

image.png.5becd0653c3803cf95b706b7077152a2.png

image.png.638ac32b18e71df4089c7804db39dd12.png

Yay me! 🥳

This weeks top 15 by class:

KH = 4, CH = 2, HC = 9 (yup, a week where being HC was a good thing)

Have fun everyone, c'ya on the flip side 😃

• Like 9

il y a 46 minutes, DvDivXXX a dit :

Special mention to Uxio for burning 3 cordys a day seemingly without using them (at least in League). I've spent the entire week waiting for him specifically to lose the boosters (he was temp #2 most of the week behind me). He never did (or at least I never had a snapshot of him unboosted), and it was 3 cordys a day throughout the week. That would have been wasteful even for a win. For a top 4, still way overkill. Finishing #5 like this... ouch. Oh well, he cost me a bit of future XP by making me take one loss, at least. But is that worth 21 cordyceps on its own? Ich don't think so. ^^

It was my first attempt ever to a top4, I tried, I failed. End of story. Thanks for the spotlight though, I suppose.

Edited by Uxio
  • Like 7
  • Sad 1

29 minutes ago, Uxio said:

It was my first attempt ever to a top4, I tried, I failed. End of story. Thanks for the spotlight though, I suppose.

Rough one, then, sorry for you. Live and learn. I mentioned you as a character in my own league story, to be clear. But if you're open to advice on how to improve your approach for future top 4 attempts, well consider it a freebie from me. ^^ If not, well that's just an observation I've made from my perspective in my own LAA report anyway.

Not to put @holymolly in a tough spot, but damn, do you just leave them to their own devices after mass recruitment? A lot of your clubmates could definitely learn a ton from you (and Finder, and all the other top players in there), especially some from the recent batch of "overnight-veterans" I noticed you've recruited (eg beginner whales). I would expect you to embrace the "sempai" role, too. ^^

• Thinking 1
  • Hug 1

Score: 6754
Avg: 22.29
Boosters: 4x 3 Gins, 3x 3 Cords, 1x 1 cord/2 gins, & 0.9 AME (-438 kos from a CbC).
Refills: 9.93, costing -1876 kos (~149 fights).
Profit: +527 kos or +2510 kos (if ignoring the 1.5k kos ImLive Promo & CbC AME)
Player Lvl: 468->470
Girl Lvl Cap: 750
Defeats: 2/306 303 fights
Opponents: 102 101 (A player was banned).

Offense: 173.88k & 146.36k balanced.
Defense: same as offense.
L5 Girl: Elphiba recruited last week.

My highest score and avg to date.  I was ranked 1st from days 3-6, and finished 6th in the end.

I was aiming for my first top 4, and finished -73 points short of it.  Used ~10 refills in the first half, b/c I had a ~174k team, and knew I'd drop to ~141k in the 2nd half.  I used the 1.5k kos from the ImLive Promo, to pay for most of the refills.  My AME was from a CbC day 3, which cost me 438 kos (73 CC fights), so I'll count it.  I only used 90% of it at the end, b/c I absentmindedly used 10 fights w/ it on seasons, for a daily goal.  If I don't count the ImLive promo's 1.5k kos, or the CbC AME, then I really spent 376 kos, for 2510 kos profit.

1990307745_9-22-20226thinDIIILeagues2.thumb.png.3ce11547be76c8d8d205645c8765c91a.png

Recognized @MrXY (3rd) & @FGoog (9th, aka "Not Playing RightNow"), as forum members.  I know of FGoog from the Pantheon Wall thread.  I noticed MrXY used most of his refills in the 2nd half, and I don't think FGoog used any refills at all.  "Not Playing RightNow" might've profited the most out of the 3 of us.

The player "YanDee" (ID 3013134) was banned 6 days into the league week (Sept 20th), and he was the only player I didn't fight, disappearing, and taking a potential 75 points away from me.  I spent 12 hrs un-boosted waiting for his boosters to expire, to equip 3 cords, and score a bit higher.  I discussed it in this thread in the Questions section. 

3 hours ago, MrXY said:

They won 20+ times, so seems like they know what is necessary.

It's true that a few players had 20+ 1st place victories.  Maybe if I paid more attention to that, I wouldn't have attempted a top 4.

Here's the scores over the past week, at 6-12 hr intervals.  The last one is the final hour to the last 30 seconds.

943914418_9-22-20226thinDIIILeagues3.thumb.png.75ac2c6d64c6f4334882af0a46019424.png

Now, I have 11k kos & 5 SP, enough to guarantee getting High Mage Arcana (24%) from her MDR tomorrow, which is satisfactory.  I've been focusing on leveling up Love Note Jezebel (lvl 650) and Jezebel (lvl 650), b/c both variants are blessed for the next two weeks.  I have a 146k team atm, and I expect a 151k team next week, not optimistic enough to aim high.  I'm level 470 now, and ~6.89 mil PXP away from reaching level 500, probably by next March 2023.  I'll attempt using 1 cord + 2 gins throughout the next league week, and minimal refills, for 2x top 15s.  @Zteev is in my league this week.  Good luck to the both of us.

Edited by Ravi-Sama
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Screen shot from 4am (GMT) due to work.

Didn't try too hard this week as blessings weren't good, expected to finish around 8th-10th so happy with 6th. I was in 1st place for most of the league if anyone is interested ? lol

Started and finished with 3xCordy; rest of week 2xGin & 1xCordy. No AME used.

Spent 573 on re-fills, for koban gain of 2,313.

League 5.png

• Like 7
  • Hearts 1

5 minutes ago, Incubys said:

happy with 6th. I was in 1st place for most of the league if anyone is interested ? lol

I was also 1st for like 4 days, and finished 6th.  I feel your pain.  I expected to drop though.

2 minutes ago, Incubys said:

League 5.png

Redacted, lol.  Now, I'm most interested in the parts you tried to omit.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Ranking based on levels was 71/103. Ended up 16th with 6208 points (mean 20.29). Again a little short of 15th, ~40 points this time). Used 1x 3cordy, 3gin for rest

Def teams 181k & 153k. Strong team for 1st half and for 2nd not so much. So the go-to strategy would be to do all fights on the 1st half. For me this is too expensive as I'm not fighting for the top positions.

Bought two refills to leverage the better team and cordys from previous week. In hindsight a couple more would have done the trick. Also, didn't catch last three opponents unboosted, which could have worked out better.

Need to come up with some metrics to gauge my own changes against the field. It's more difficult in the middle of the pack. The top is easier - here the biggest surprise was that Master HornDog changed his avatar 😜

D3_22092022.thumb.PNG.fe8252050bdc8858241262ed04c3b40b.PNG

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ravi-Sama said:

I was also 1st for like 4 days, and finished 6th.  I feel your pain.  I expected to drop though.

Redacted, lol.  Now, I'm most interested in the parts you tried to omit.

Nothing sinister, just crossed out (redacted ? do you work for the CIA or FBI ? lol) the bits which weren't relevant (details of the league that finished on the 15th, and the "Current League" details which shows I hadn't fought anyone this week yet)

@Chuck Nutzare you going to tell us if you held onto 1st place by the end of the league ?

Edited by Incubys
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3