How you doing in the "League"

casey

2 hours ago, Ben9 said:

I actually consider this to be an improvement overall - lower level players should have a mechanic in place that lets them slowly catch up to the higher level players.  Felt like it was really lacking before.  

Well I disagree, I have an advantage and want to keep it.

I worked very hard (in game play terms) over many months to build a very strong battle team

With this new dynamic players who get lucky acquiring battle equipment in the market and Pachinko

can negate all my long term efforts.

15 minutes ago, casey said:

Well I disagree, I have an advantage and want to keep it.

I worked very hard (in game play terms) over many months to build a very strong battle team

With this new dynamic players who get lucky acquiring battle equipment in the market and Pachinko

can negate all my long term efforts.

Not sure I follow your reasoning there, the only advantage it gives them is being able to level slightly faster then ppl already at very high levels, and still only then if they are very active and able to use all their league tokens consistently, which implies they also have to work very hard over a long period.   I agree completely that levelling fast shouldn't be handed to newer players without putting in any effort at all, but I don't think the new system is skewed that far and I don't think a little bit of luck will suddenly put anyone on a par with you if you have built a strong team over many months.

The problem with a system that provides no mechanism for catching players above you in level is that levels become fairly irrelevant as anything other than a measure of time played.  Saying to new players, "it doesn't matter how long you play, how much you spend, how active and invested in the game you are, you will never be the same level as players who started before you" is inherently bad game design and I can't think of any other games that have a levelling system that works that way unless they also carry out periodic resets of the ranks.

Also one of the reasons that the standard pvp selection process is broken is you can get stuck fighting a small group of players of a similar level to you forever and there is very little mobility other than some people stop being active and drop down due to wasted resources.  This should help alleviate that a bit.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ben9 said:

Not sure I follow your reasoning there, the only advantage it gives them is being able to level slightly faster then ppl already at very high levels, and still only then if they are very active and able to use all their league tokens consistently, which implies they also have to work very hard over a long period.   I agree completely that levelling fast shouldn't be handed to newer players without putting in any effort at all, but I don't think the new system is skewed that far and I don't think a little bit of luck will suddenly put anyone on a par with you if you have built a strong team over many months.

The problem with a system that provides no mechanism for catching players above you in level is that levels become fairly irrelevant as anything other than a measure of time played.  Saying to new players, "it doesn't matter how long you play, how much you spend, how active and invested in the game you are, you will never be the same level as players who started before you" is inherently bad game design and I can't think of any other games that have a levelling system that works that way unless they also carry out periodic resets of the ranks.

Also one of the reasons that the standard pvp selection process is broken is you can get stuck fighting a small group of players of a similar level to you forever and there is very little mobility other than some people stop being active and drop down due to wasted resources.  This should help alleviate that a bit.

Prior to the start of league play I would go up a level approx. every 3 plus days and now it is closer to 6 days by my calculations

When I first started playing I would go up a level daily.

I agree with you that the function of how long you been playing should not be the determining factor of team strength.

As a newbie I asked advice from experienced players who counselled me on some of their game strategies

By making pvp ability a central tenet of my game play it now allows me to defeat players who have been playing

months longer than me (but that is my playing  preference)

While lower level player should be given a pathway to close the stats gap vis a vie higher level players

I just need time to reconcile myself to their new rate of advancement.

• Like 2

Working 10 hrs a day is deffinately a disadvantage (only able to do approx 15 fights a day), Was 3rd when i left this morning (1 & 2 had 3 more fights on me) and now i am 11th. even if i win all 5 matches i can do will only get me to 8th. The 1st place guy must have been madly spending Kobans as he is over 75 points ahead of me and 31 from 2nd place. Will see how many places i can pull back before bed, yes i need sleep, should see by end of the first season what my average points total will be and where i stand against the others arround me.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Hollo said:

You can play each of them 3 times, so you have to fight 300 matches. Actually, 297, since you don't fight yourself. That's 39 hours of slack you have, which actually turns out to be pretty tight. If you waste three hours a night (because you slept eight and so the last three tokens were lost), that's 3*14 = 42 tokens lost.

12 hours ago, gnome said:

Do people normally sleep eight hours in a row? Or am I just used to people taking naps in order to prevent brain fry?

5 hours ago, Skiron said:

ive "just" lost one challenge point this night...

thanks to the heavens im old and have a bathroom-run three times per night...

just kidding... :D

3 hours ago, fap.titans.gra said:

the problem is that you can accumulate 5 league combat points, but in perfect conditions you can fight everyone - (5H sleep) 39 league combat points bonus for 14 days

LOL, i sleep 9 hours straight 🤣

From what i can see i can easily beat every opponent in my league, but i guess I'll never win because of this reason. Oh well, i don't mind, i'm not going to change my sleep time for a game 😊

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sinner said:

I can sleep 11 hours straight. Won't change for a game, either. Besides, it's looking good.

jdszxx.png

There's one guy I can't beat, but I guess second, third or fourth place ain't so bad, either.

If you and that guy are the best in this group, then you are very lucky: I can beat both of you and still have 4/5 players that are better than me in my group.

Edited by Mythos
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, bane1 said:

Working 10 hrs a day is deffinately a disadvantage (only able to do approx 15 fights a day), Was 3rd when i left this morning (1 & 2 had 3 more fights on me) and now i am 11th. even if i win all 5 matches i can do will only get me to 8th. The 1st place guy must have been madly spending Kobans as he is over 75 points ahead of me and 31 from 2nd place. Will see how many places i can pull back before bed, yes i need sleep, should see by end of the first season what my average points total will be and where i stand against the others arround me.

6 hours ago, Daniele said:

LOL, i sleep 9 hours straight 🤣

From what i can see i can easily beat every opponent in my league, but i guess I'll never win because of this reason. Oh well, i don't mind, i'm not going to change my sleep time for a game 😊

Yeah. Same here. Work and sleep means I can't fight every five hours. I'm in the top five of my league and I've already beaten everybody in top ten three to nothing. There's maybe ten guys/gals around my level and maybe a couple above me but noone has an optimized build. So I'm the strongest player in my league but I'll be lucky if I even advance to the next one. The system is build for people with a lot of time on their hands or a lot of money (kobans) to burn. Oh well. We'll see how it goes. I would love some challenge, someone I can't beat within first six rounds ;)

I'm apparently the highest level in my bracket at 281 and the other people who are within a couple levels of me either haven't maxed their stats (I have know-how and charm maxed) or gotten their legendary alpha to 5 stars (if they were lucky enough to get them). The other people who seem to upgrade their stats out of the top people are like 40 levels below me. 😱

Edited by Arvelak
typo

So far the only thing I can say about the Leagues is that the current bracketing system is kinda, well... f*cked up. (for lack of a better term, my apologies for the implied profanity)

The "League" bracket that I am in has a player at level 21 and  a player at level 288. How the h*ll does that work? That's kind of like going to the drag races and watching a kid in a junior dragster with a hopped-up lawnmower engine square off against John Force and the full Castrol Funny Car Team. Can we say "Canon Fodder"? 

I personally think there should be more thought put into leveling the brackets out to pit high level players against each other and lower level players the same opportunity so that they can advance in the game. (Maybe Levels 1-50 in their own, 51-100 in another and so on.) To drop a player into a situation where they can look at the majority of the other players in their "League" being 100 plus levels ahead of them will kinda give them the, "Well THIS is f*cking pointless," mindset and discourage them from playing. Discouraged players play less and ultimately leave the servers for other pursuits, ultimately costing the developers, their company and their backers money.

Just saying...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Mythos said:

If you and that guy are the best in this group, then you are very lucky: I can beat both of you and still have 4/5 players that are better than me in my group.

Or conversely your are unlucky to be in a league where there is 4/5 players that are stronger than you. (maybe boosters will help9_9)

Besides finishing 2nd through 4th doesn't matter you will get the same prize and will be promoted to the next level league

There isn't any brackets @Kuradur. That's what the arena is for, fighting only people in your rough level range, and in a way contests, competing against people of a similar level.

These leagues are just random sorting. They will eventually have more consistency to them as the higher levels promote to higher leagues due to their easy victories. It's a way for people to gauge their strength as a whole.

11 hours ago, Arvelak said:

I'm apparently the highest level in my bracket at 281 and the other people who are within a couple levels of me either haven't maxed their stats (I have know-how and charm maxed) or gotten their legendary alpha to 5 stars (if they were lucky enough to get them). The other people who seem to upgrade their stats out of the top people are like 40 levels below me. 😱

The only one in my bracket I can't beat is @Arvelak    😚 You're just too strong, man 🏋️‍♂️

There are a lot with higher lvls than me but they have build a not so strong team and are taken care of already or are non-active. So I'll probably end up second in two weeks time.

What I like about the leagues is that it reintroduces some gameplay, although be it only in xp-oriented contests. Since you have a choice who to battle you can vary your xp gain every day. Before you looked at the lvl of your opponent and pretty much knew what the contests scores were going to be (if they did not spend huge amounts of kobans on refreshing pvp). Now you can reserve some high yielding opponents for when a xp-oriented contest comes along in two weeks and pip someone to the post.🖐️

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Arvelak said:

I'm also the highest level player in my league with maxed hardcore stats yet I'm in 2nd place in the standings by 24 points to a player who I've fought and beaten 3 times

I cannot see the rationale of using refills to getting extra fighting opportunities if you are limited to 297 fights and why spend 100's Kobans for refills

if the top prize is 120 Kobans

I think I've missed 2 fight opportunities during the first 2 days of this season but with 336 total fight opportunities I have a cushion to work with.

And as a side note (kinda…) how did they come up with this point system? I can battle a guy close to my level in the Arena and get a whopping 11 EXP points for barely winning, but turn around and get 121 EXP points for b*tch-slapping a level 21 player around in the Tower League?

Remember my "kid in a junior dragster with a hopped-up lawnmower engine square off against John Force and the full Castrol Funny Car Team" comment? The current points system would have the Mr. Force and the Castrol Team taking home a million dollar prize for beating the kid and a handshake for winning the Gator Nationals, that's just silly.

🤨

Capture1.JPG

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The biggest issue I see with the leagues is that in the beginning (probably first 3-4 league periods) it will be all about being super active. This means that anyone who is roughly level 150 can be #1 in the league if he just uses all his challenge points and beats all the lowlevel players and mid to mid-high range player who have bad items and girls. he will maybe end up with 270 out of 300 wins - rest are just mid-high end players with good builds or high-end players he cannot beat. So even with level 250+ and good activity you might stuck in the first one or two tiers for the next weeks to months until all the super active mid range players progress and you can bruteforce into top 15 simply by stats. 

The entire point of league and therefore ranked pvp (not the joke that arena pvp is) should be competitveness - highlevel player with good setup and activity should have no problems to progress. But for now you may lose some points to sleep and if you work for 8h in combination with travel you might easily lose 10+ fights a day. 

Solution would be so easy, actually I cannot see why they wouldnt have done it in the first way besides the greed for people to buy refreshes (which is especially stupid to do early on) - just increase maximum challenge points from 5 to 8 or 10 and sleep+work/travel would be covered for the vast majority (or at least is in the range of allowed point drop to still challenge everyone). This would also make up for the XP loss high level player have anyway because of the low average level in the league for at least the next 3 league periods. 

I mean I am by far the highest mojo player in my league, only 2-3 people are in the range of 50k below me, the rest of the 'better' players have roughly half my mojo. I am currently hovering around being tenth (which I dont mind, for now activity is still enough to progress), but most likely in the next league I will not able to progress because tons of people with ~100-150k mojo will cap on fights on fill the top ranks while they would have no chance to actually beat highend players which defies the point of a PVP LEAGUE system.

Edited by wthvr
  • Thanks 3

17 minutes ago, wthvr said:

The entire point of league and therefore ranked pvp (not the joke that arena pvp is) should be competitveness - highlevel player with good setup and activity should have no problems to progress. But for now you may lose some points to sleep and if you work for 8h in combination with travel you might easily lose 10+ fights a day. 

Solution would be so easy, actually I cannot see why they wouldnt have done it in the first way besides the greed for people to buy refreshes (which is especially stupid to do early on) - just increase maximum challenge points from 5 to 8 or 10 and sleep+work/travel would be covered for the vast majority (or at least is in the range of allowed point drop to still challenge everyone). This would also make up for the XP loss high level player have anyway because of the low average level in the league for at least the next 3 league periods.

But then nobody would buy kobans wheras now when you see you're close at the end of the season  ppl will be tempted to buy kobans............just this once.😊

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Kuradur said:

And as a side note (kinda…) how did they come up with this point system? I can battle a guy close to my level in the Arena and get a whopping 11 EXP points for barely winning, but turn around and get 121 EXP points for b*tch-slapping a level 21 player around in the Tower League?

The arena and leagues use different experience grades, partially due to how frequently they're available. You can get 6 arena fights in one hour, but only 1 league fight. The amount you win is also solely based upon the level of the opponent, nothing about how close the fight is.

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, GeorgeMTO said:

The arena and leagues use different experience grades, partially due to how frequently they're available. You can get 6 arena fights in one hour, but only 1 league fight. The amount you win is also solely based upon the level of the opponent, nothing about how close the fight is.

Granted, the timing is a lot different, but my point was more, "I get rewarded more for beating someone who is not much of a challenge as opposed to beating someone who is," which, in of itself, is kinda messed up. One can only assume that the arena is on the way out with Tower Leagues being the next big thing, which would probably (buy more kobans) be to the developer's (buy more kobans) advantage, along with the (buy more kobans) backers and other type (buy more kobans) of investors.

(I would HOPE everyone sees the satirical tone... LOL 😁)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Day 3. I've chewed up everyone above level 250 that I'm sure I can beat, so now I'm working down the 200-250 crowd. There's a fair number of them; should be done with them by about this time tomorrow.

At this rate, I'll have a perfect record for nearly the entire period. There seem to be three opponents I'm fairly sure I'll never get a win on, and three more that are about 50-50.

Another interesting thing are the 0s. A full 40 people in my league have never fought; they've either quit the game or are simply uninterested in leagues (or are somehow unaware of them), and one of them is well ahead of me in stats, which is puzzling. And then there are about seven with 1-17 points. I keep wondering what their story is.