League kobans

dekachinpo

So this has been suggested before in the Leagues discussion amongst other feedback, here it is seperately: we’ve been told that the Leagues is a system allowing us to compare our strenth against other players. So why allow koban refills? I get that devs need to eat, but why not charge somewhere else? This doesn’t make sense to me.

I have just made it to the Wanker II league with my 100ish level (now 103, I started in the 90’s). I went through quite some trouble to have good stats and win, and now I’m in am upper league with strong players. There are only 6 players below my level in this league, the remaining 93 players’ levels are way higher—starting at 137 (except two players at 104 and 106), with the top player going as high as 298. I’m confident I can beat a handful of players above my level (perhaps 10). Even if I do I’m pretty sure the week will take its toll on me once I reach my limit and won’t allow me to make it to the next league.

Now, 40 minutes in the second session of the Leagues and the top 4 players have already been spending kobans on refills like crazy. So there’s no chance for anyone else catching up to them unless players spend kobans. So... that seems really unfair, first; and second, it defeats the stated purpose of the Leagues. My suggestion is to get rid of the refills.

Also, weren’t lower level players with equal score in the Leagues be at the top of the list? Or has this (fair) rule been discarded?

Edited by dekachinpo

There's a limited number of fights available in a league, which in a league that has 102 or less people is lower than the number of tokens that you get for free. The other players may catch up towards the end of the season if they're able to win more fights than the people spending kobans. All the kobans do in this case is let them get the fights in early.

It appears you may have misread part of the initial leagues patch regarding tiebreakers

In case of ties in the number of points, the player that was the first one to arrive at that total of points will be on top and if a tie persists, the highest level will the winner of the tie

1 hour ago, GeorgeMTO said:

There's a limited number of fights available in a league, which in a league that has 102 or less people is lower than the number of tokens that you get for free. The other players may catch up towards the end of the season if they're able to win more fights than the people spending kobans. All the kobans do in this case is let them get the fights in early.

It appears you may have misread part of the initial leagues patch regarding tiebreakers

Thanks for the explanation. So if the leagues are small enough, there’s a chance. But not in all cases.

And sorry about the follow-up question, it must have been my imagination. Shouldn’t the lower level player be the winner in case of a tie though? (not that it will be my case, I’m way too weak compared to others in my current league, but as a general rule). To gauge performance and merit? I guess this would be another suggestion—sorry of it’s misplaced.

Depends what the devs wish to prioritize. Awarding it to the first person to get there seems to mean they prefer to favour being active. Besides, if the person is too much of a lower level, they might struggle in the higher leagues so probably are best off not being promoted regardless.

2 minutes ago, GeorgeMTO said:

Depends what the devs wish to prioritize. Awarding it to the first person to get there seems to mean they prefer to favour being active. Besides, if the person is too much of a lower level, they might struggle in the higher leagues so probably are best off not being promoted regardless.

That makes sense.