Identifying the Dicktator league brackets

_shal_

8 minutes ago, Kenrae said:

That sounds familiar, but I'm a higher level than you 😂.

But... in this league rushing doesn't seem like a good strategy, you know...

Yea, too expensive with the new rewards. So...sitting it out slowly this time and let's see what happens

1 minute ago, La Kajira said:

Yea, too expensive with the new rewards. So...sitting it out slowly this time and let's see what happens

No, I was talking specifically about this current league. It would make more sense to make your battles on the second half.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, La Kajira said:

Yea, that sounds familiar ^^
Fibh rushed 4864 points already. Not sure if there were that many unboosted players, or it's a case of no fucks given. It's something I would sometimes do...rush as many unboosted as I could the first day to increase my chances of getting as many unboosted as possible over the week. That ate into my earnings a lot already, before the awards reduction. Which is the thing - I always cared about the position more than the reward. That's what the game is mostly about for me...the fun of ruining them high lvls party week after week. The more challenging, the more fun. 
Everything else about the game is just "AFK" resource spending a half-trained monkey could do. Just waterproof the PC case to make sure the monkey can't macerate the Motherboard in piss and you're good to go :D
That's the thing tho...I've already been around break even with rewards before the reduction. Now PvP looks like a resource dump. That's no bueno...given the quickly reducing amount of resources the game's giving us. Well...let's see what the next couple changes do...

well, at least that's the same strategy fibh always does - i dont think they have to care for resources anyway - but in the end he often had some fights left for the last 5 minutes (like, oh only 22,69 this week, could beat him with some luck - 5 minutes before end: they do 6 more fights :D)

I only used this strategy the last few weeks/months - i dont think you often needed the advantage of a few points to win, so it wasnt really necessary to get everybody unboosted, but since chances grew for top1 i got more and more afraid, but also i got more and more resources (also kobans) to waste.

Since I am having enough and i like to win, I still go for it; but it's not the smart play. Just for instance, this week i might wait for the next blessings updated in hope to get the better stats, using the rarity bug and more counter setups cause a lot of the players will go for dominatrix hopefully, but will it really beat enough one really good high level player? Probably not (as I saw last week with miso who got over 100 more than I (i still cant process that), but having the chance to do so is just more fun (my clubmates might say otherwise since I also tend to complain a little bit too much, i guess).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, blaa said:

well, at least that's the same strategy fibh always does - i dont think they have to care for resources anyway - but in the end he often had some fights left for the last 5 minutes (like, oh only 22,69 this week, could beat him with some luck - 5 minutes before end: they do 6 more fights :D)

I only used this strategy the last few weeks/months - i dont think you often needed the advantage of a few points to win, so it wasnt really necessary to get everybody unboosted, but since chances grew for top1 i got more and more afraid, but also i got more and more resources (also kobans) to waste.

Since I am having enough and i like to win, I still go for it; but it's not the smart play. Just for instance, this week i might wait for the next blessings updated in hope to get the better stats, using the rarity bug and more counter setups cause a lot of the players will go for dominatrix hopefully, but will it really beat enough one really good high level player? Probably not (as I saw last week with miso who got over 100 more than I (i still cant process that), but having the chance to do so is just more fun (my clubmates might say otherwise since I also tend to complain a little bit too much, i guess).

I tend to do a partial rush...taking any opportunity I can on the higher level players. And then with the shrunk opponent pool standard regen is usually enough, or close to enough to catch the others unboosted when available without having to spend for any more tokens. Depends on the two sets of blessings too.
Which, yea...as @Kenrae said as well...the second half of the week massively benefits attackers. So no rushing planned for me. Let's hope I won't end up having to take 20 boosted people in the end 

Hih, that's just it...in most cases the difference between rushing and not is fairly small. But it's more points to shove in them high level folks' faces. How could I let the opportunity pass me by? :D
I'll need to adjust my approach tho, because I'm just barely getting enough kobans to catch all mythics and PoAs. So I burned through the stash I used to have...back when owning more than 2 mythics wasn't really helpful and my main focus was on catching up as much as possible.
Well, perhaps I can drop a PoA pass every now and then? I mean, I only need 3 more girls to have all the bonuses maxed. And 3 star legendaries rarely appear in the top 7. And even if they do, the difference between having them or not is usually small. Having a boosted mythic on the other hand can make or break that week for you. There's the EpP orbs from PoA, but...in the last half year, my average drop rate is 1 girl per 32.7 orbs. Currently on a 63 orb no girls streak, so...meh. 

And yea...having the same "problem". It's not the smart thing to do, efficiency-wise, but...the league is the main reason I'm playing this game instead of only popping in when a new story comes out. So even if it ends up being a koban dump despite consistently ending up in top 4+...I might just be stupid enough to do it and sacrifice an event here and there instead. Doesn't make me happy, but...it is what it is. Let's see if I can at least get away with dropping the AM boosters. But probably not this week...wanna see how close I can get to taking Fibh and Glider ^^

Edited by La Kajira
  • Like 2

Okay, first spot is pretty much out of the question here. And top 4 may not be worth overspending for. On the other hand...the second half of the week blessings are absolutely atrocious for me. And it is the KC now, so...I do have a few reasons to want to rush this a bit. But damn...the league KC shard drop rate sucks badly. Or my lack of luck does. Probably both :D
Speaking of that...mindrago already has 6353 points. Possibly done with the entire thing...wonder if that was enough to get the girl

new week.png

• Like 4

5 hours ago, La Kajira said:

Okay, first spot is pretty much out of the question here. And top 4 may not be worth overspending for. On the other hand...the second half of the week blessings are absolutely atrocious for me. And it is the KC now, so...I do have a few reasons to want to rush this a bit. But damn...the league KC shard drop rate sucks badly. Or my lack of luck does. Probably both :D
Speaking of that...mindrago already has 6353 points. Possibly done with the entire thing...wonder if that was enough to get the girl

new week.png

top4 is easy doable with AM, otherwise it's gonna be hard, atleast slig, mnefc, thulsa will be better then (you might beat every other player though even without AM)

edit: i had thulsa and casca this week, thulsa was permaboosted (changes boosters in the snapshot before reset), casca wasnt a threat at all

Edited by blaa
  • Like 1

George Moderator Tough Officer  (allow me the joke ;)) is a hard opponent, he will aim for first place again.

It has been a long time since I was paired with my old friend casey in leagues, he is one of my bets for top places.

La source should be in the privilege places too.

image.png.8e8961b5fd8e62ea5083e4947f7bc5a3.png

It's been a long, long time since my last post (mostly due to trouble with signing in... and my own laziness, so don't worry XD ). I'm still getting used to this new system, yet I still hope to make it to the top 15. For the 2nd consecutive week, I'm in the same D3 than Kenrae, and I'm aware the top 4 is far from reach.

I expect things to get a bit better when I get a few mythic girls (long story short: I should have learned to save the 7,200 kobans from the Path of Attraction for the Mythic Days, but I guess I'm a (very) slow learner XD )

See you all, and have fun :)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, blaa said:

top4 is easy doable with AM, otherwise it's gonna be hard, atleast slig, mnefc, thulsa will be better then (you might beat every other player though even without AM)

edit: i had thulsa and casca this week, thulsa was permaboosted (changes boosters in the snapshot before reset), casca wasnt a threat at all

Sounds about right ^^
And that's jusrt it...AM likely necessary for top 4. And the difference between top 4 and 15 rewards gets pretty much gobbled up by AMs. There might be some chance without them as well, but not sure about that. Will also depend how many snapshots work allows me. Ugh, this job may end up being the reason why I might get my first ever smartphone.
I'm sure I could get some cheap second hand stuff. No need to overspend. Meh...we'll see...
But I'll end up spending kobans for KC one way or another and overall I'm of the mind that in this situation, league refills are somewhat better value for me than buying kisses. Which in turn would make a set of cordys worthwhile. I mean...it's all, or nothing. Half-assed is heresy. And yes...I know I'm just throwing around silly after the fact mental gymnastics rationalizations of a knee-jerk reaction of going for it, because...of course I did :D

This is a real pity about the rewards change. Not saying it's all bad, absolutely not. It's mostly a step in a good direction overall. But D3, the highest league...should be competitive. Should be the one for people who want to be competitive. And promote competitiveness, going hard and doing your best. It's the highest league after all. Instead it now incentivizes people to hold back. Sad...

Edited by La Kajira
  • Hearts 1

20 hours ago, La Kajira said:

This is a real pity about the rewards change. Not saying it's all bad, absolutely not. It's mostly a step in a good direction overall. But D3, the highest league...should be competitive. Should be the one for people who want to be competitive. And promote competitiveness, going hard and doing your best. It's the highest league after all. Instead it now incentivizes people to hold back. Sad...

The real problem there is the AM booster.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Kenrae said:

The real problem there is the AM booster.

True...removing that abomination from the game (or just making it seasons only and perhaps doubling the charges to compensate) would be the simplest, most straightforward way of fixing this issue. And a bunch of other inconveniences it stars in

38 minutes ago, Ol Sheriff Joe said:

Well... judging on how it goes on my side as of now, maybe you won't have that much of a challenge, finally Kenrae...
(stupid guns fired blanks so many times... looks like gunpowder isn't what it used to be 😅)

Well, you got me on Holidays and the like previously, it's our fate, we can't compete 😂

Edited by Kenrae
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...