Kojot's drawings

Kojot

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

So I decided to recreate our beloved Natasha in the old school Hentai Heroes art style.

natasha.thumb.png.3e96d559990a74573d824d8d523a833b.png

I focused on two main points: the mentioned art style and fixing anatomy. Original Natasha's anatomy is questionable. Is she chubby? Is she slim with incredibly wide thighs and huge breasts? I tried to turn her into a definitely chubby girl. Now all her body parts should match one body type. I'm not used to drawing chubby girls so perhaps her face does not fit the whole image but at least it isn't a typical pointy chin.

I left her original colors to have a better comparison. And these colors aren't really that bad, to me.

When I attempted to recreate the old style (which, I hope, succeeded, but I'll leave this up to your opinion 😉), I used as a reference original Bunny, Christmas Bunny, and original Juliette.

Finally, even if the recreation of the old style failed in your opinion, do you like it more or less than the original Natasha? How do you rate it?

• Like 6
  • Hearts 2

On 11/18/2018 at 2:56 AM, Kojot said:

So I had seen some interesting threads containing your artworks so I decided to create mine as well xD Probably, I will be uploading only HH-related drawings. Here's Bunny for a good start:

bunny_by_mrrudy-dcs8pgq.thumb.png.4a2ac90392146e0736972e28aedea9f7.png

You're doing quite well with colors, but you need to improve the basics on shape and form. Proko has a series of short tutorials on how to draw the head by the Loomis method, if you are interested ofc. ^^

2 hours ago, Cantrix said:

You're doing quite well with colors, but you need to improve the basics on shape and form. Proko has a series of short tutorials on how to draw the head by the Loomis method, if you are interested ofc. ^^

Thanks, however I drew this Bunny 2 years ago 😁 I've improved since then and my style is a bit different now. I guess I'll have to draw her again and hide the old one to not confuse people 😅

• Haha 2

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

A new one! Some of you could have already seen it in the Anniversary Figurine Competition topic but I should also put it here.

Bunny and MC in love, apparently on an interdimensional couch flying through the realm of adorable anime bubbles and pink.

bunny.thumb.png.a1e7454f61af1f0766da1304ec483599.png

• Like 6

To think I never noticed this thread... I'm really glad you contributed to (and earned a prize in) the recent contest, or I would still be missing out on your work.

Your Natasha rework is AWESOME. So much better than the one we have in the actual game (and so much more fitting for the game). More than that, it's a beautiful woman with some extra curves, and we need more love for various (and more realistic) body types in this game. The overly cartoonish in-game version doesn't do her justice at all, she looks more like a snowman than a lady, and that's a missed opportunity. Thanks a lot for your great work!

I'm saving this one for my personal archives as well. :ph34r:

• Hearts 1

• 4 weeks later...

So I drew Ram from Re:Zero. Two versions: clean and covered in cum (+ squirting orgasm because she loves it even though her face is unimpressed 😄)

2142230525_ramclean.thumb.png.1634bfa551dfb2ae2875f5bdfe802d59.png

1795839761_ramdirty.thumb.png.2900d623ec479e01c48a5413757c3cbf.png

But it isn't very too 'hentai-heroesy' 🤔 Let me fix it.

615080758_fioneclean.thumb.png.f2ca855ac4664e0f133388d603b278d6.png

1565536469_fionedirty.thumb.png.d3e1db1b68d1375cc046b2496bea5b24.png

Done. It's Fione now 😎

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Hearts 1

• 2 weeks later...

You should build the figure. For example, check Ram. Try draw her again T pose using that same proportions and volumes. You drawn the Slenderman.

This happen 'cause you don't build the figure, you simply trace lines the way your memory hint for ("the leg must have such line here done like this" - check Bunny left leg and you did a cubistic perspective XD). To indepth, the reason is all good art you'll see come from a construction of volumes, and you start by referencing it. You cannot simply 'learn' from the final image. Is exactly like trying to build a spaceship observing the shape and ignoring the inner mechanics. You'll end with a cute white box that cannot fly.

Construction is boring and slow down the process, but you should really do it every time as you're really methodic in inking and coloring. You're simply doing 'half of the job'.

Edited by lepidocter
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, lepidocter said:

Construction is boring and slow down the process, but you should really do it every time as you're really methodic in inking and coloring. You're simply doing 'half of the job'.

I don't disagree with you, but having seen a lot of Kojot's art beyond his few HH fan art pieces posted here (as I became a bit of a fan :x ) I know he can do much stronger pencil work when he takes the time (and indeed applies the proper build-up process). It's just that these particular pieces are a bit of a quick thing he does on the side, I think, and although I love the theme it's not technically his best work.

I quite like that Norou piece, she has the trademark Kojot-style type of face, which I like, while still being recognizable. The perspective and composition are pretty solid, even though she looks much thinner than here than she should. Her left forearm should be a bit farther apart from her body, a bit thicker around the elbow (and then thinning gradually with the perspective), and it would also fix the angle with her wrist, which is a bit too narrow now. But overall, it's still enjoyable.

PS: Even though he drew Norou first instead of my request for Virginia and/or Grace. ^^

Edited by DvDivXXX
PS
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

@DvDivXXX

Tastes are undebatable. But mistakes are. I can spot errors that come from the drawing process itself (like I was there when he was drawing), that's independant from overall magnitude of the piece or the subject or even the intent.

You can draw random anime heads and dicks everywhere. With a bit of study and effort, you can actually *draw something* (that include such elements, why not). The results is you can do better in less time, and you can master the art to the point of inspiring the feels you want, instead of tracing your memory or go by iconic symbols.

It's a waste, after all. I wanna see 100k likes when someone draw with passion. That what someone deserve.

Anyway, I'll probably write something about, if someone is curious about learning how to draw, and specifically hentai art.

2142230525_ramclean.thumb.png.1634bfa551dfb2ae2875f5bdfe802d59.png

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

@lepidocter To be fair, you picked apart the one piece on this page that I agree is full of technical issues and I don't really like either (it's also always a bummer to me when an artist reposts the same piece with a few minor details changed, even when I love the art; and I mean in general, there are professional artists who do that on their Deviant Art or elsewhere and I always feel it takes away from the appeal of their gallery).

I can spot technical errors too, and this particular gangbang piece has a lot more of them than Kojot's average drawing, for sure. Just like you, I'm guessing it's primarily because he kind of rushed or even skipped the sketching phase and then he squeezed dozens of partial characters in a tight space, which of course made problems pile up (and he also wasn't very consistent in deciding which parts of the male props would be see-through or not).

And of course, Kojot could improve his technique and he would also benefit from more regular practice. I think he's aware of it too, especially judging by the pro and semi-pro artists he follows. But as far as I'm aware he's drawing as a hobby when he has the time, and for an amateur his work has a lot of qualities I enjoy. He has a cool style and plenty of potential, but not necessarily the time or drive to take it to the next level (let alone go pro).

PS: In any case, it feels really nice to discuss art again on this forum. It's been a long time since I reviewed artwork with others who understand the craft and can spot different styles here. I know it's not everyone's cup of tea, but for sure the Art's Spot is the right section for that. ( @Kojot I hope you don't mind the criticism, it's meant to be constructive, even if Lepid's message might come across a bit harsher than he meant). ❤️ 

• Thanks 1

Thank you @DvDivXXX and @lepidocter for the feedback ❤️

I admit that my way of drawing misses fundamental aspects. As lepidocter noticed, I practice drawing through the final image rather than the basics and therefore, my anatomy can be incorrect. I've always been drawing like that because I don't want to treat drawing like a study - Learn the anatomy, the shapes, and perspective to be correct. You may call it a bad approach because it will not allow me to learn fast or at all but to me learning through reference Pictures and that inner "feel" that something looks p leasing is way more pleasurable. I don't like studying something from the approach I don't find interesting, I've always enjoyed doing everything my own way, and test everything with my own tries and errors. So definitely, the Ram drawing has mistakes I am aware of even more now after you pointed them out, but to me it still looks p leasing through this "feel", I don't know what it is, how to call it. 

I don't mind the criticism, it is needed and always welcome, but in this case I won't change my way of drawing too much because it would not bring me the pleasure of learning. As DvDivXXX said, it is my hobby so I am doing it in my free time. I feel the urge to lewd some fictional characters in my own way so I do it hoping that someone else would enjoy looking at it too 😄

So to clarify the parts you pointed on the Ram drawing:

1. These are blended two guys, the one with a dick poking her breast and the one putting his dick around Ram's hairs. This "blending" had one purpose - focus only on the most important parts. I could have left levitating dicks in the air instead of drawing legs and sometimes torsos, but I didn't like the idea of a squadron of flying dicks xD

2. I like the length. Maybe it is a bit too long, but I like it. 

3. It is a furry dick not really based on any real life dick of an animal, like a dog which may resemble a bit. And because it is fictional, I imagined it to be looking slightly detached from the body with a narrower part. Not to much but enough to wrap fingers around it. 

4. Random dick for the sake of "the more, the merrier". Initiallt, it was meant to be green to make it Look like it belongs to some very short goblin who is not visible but then it didn't look like a dick but some weird plant 😅 so I changed. 

5. Ram is more important than the green guy so I hid his leg to show Ram's leg. 

6. I can't see nothing wrong here. It's Ram's hair. She has very similar in the anime - the pink blends with the skin. 

7. "The more, the merrier". More wierd, supernatural dicks waitimg for their turn. I was lazy to draw the bodies. 

Initially, this drawing was meant to have only Ram and two guys getting handjob but having finished, I found it boring. So I add a bunch of other guys. And because they were not planned, they look off, like thrown there out of nowhere without any harmony. 

I guess I covered everything I wanted to cover in this answer. Thank you to both of you for your opinions! Sorry if that does not satisfy you, as I somewhat rejected your help but this is how I see it - I treat it casually. If I learn something new - cool! I can use this knowledge next time. If I don't learn - no big worries, I don't have plans to be professional and I want to have my learning proces to stay casual. In school, I was always that one student who did everything his own way 😅 It never doomed me, just slowed the proces but at least I was never stressed out. 

It's a long answer, lol. Sorry! 🙏

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1