Card declined... Again.

Ram

This is a continuation from:

I just got my new card, double checked to see if it was active and it is, and yet I get declined purchase of the Gold monthly card.

Please do a double check again, I have sent emails to you with questions about this before and I have done what you have told me to do. Talked to the bank, they say you are ok, transactions should not be stopped from their side. I have to get a new card, I just got it and tried to used it, it got declined.

I am at the end of my line here. everything is working from my side, my cards could be used at gas stations, on steam, on Nintendo Eshop, I even used it in another country! But the moment I try to make a purchase here, to give you my money, I get declined.

This isn't bad from my end. My bank even said, that I got timed out when I tried to make the purchase. And if it truly isn't on your end, then it is on your middle mans end.

I am trying to support you with money here. At least try to help me out with giving it to you!

• Sad 1

Yes its weird. I tried to buy the bundle for getting to splatters (after buying one a few weeks ago when they were introduced). 

I used the exact same card and it was declined, but when I used my actual credit card (instead of by debit card) it worked. 

7 hours ago, fisticuz said:

Yes its weird. I tried to buy the bundle for getting to splatters (after buying one a few weeks ago when they were introduced). 

I used the exact same card and it was declined, but when I used my actual credit card (instead of by debit card) it worked. 

Was the card you used Visa by any chance? Because that is what my cards are, and I've got declined on a brand new one.

3 hours ago, fisticuz said:

They were both visa. One was just my bank card, tied to my account (which had previously worked). One is an actual credit card.

So Visa cards are having problems on this site. 😢

1 hour ago, fisticuz said:

The credit card worked for me and it was also visa. 

Not sure what my problem is then. I only have Visa, and it gets declined. Had no problems for over a year, but the moment the Gold card was implemented, I'm unable to buy it due to getting declined when trying to make the purchase.

On 5/30/2019 at 5:06 PM, Ram said:

Not sure what my problem is then.

You know I was looking at the screen and realized the format for the expiration date was MM/YYYY, and not MM/YY like whats on your card and what most places ask for. It is possible I was just being unobservant.

3 hours ago, fisticuz said:

You know I was looking at the screen and realized the format for the expiration date was MM/YYYY, and not MM/YY like whats on your card and what most places ask for. It is possible I was just being unobservant.

Thank for the tip, but the way you type it in on this site is how it is on the card aswell, besides, this whole mess startet when I tried to upgrade to the new monthly gold card.

And apparently, that triggered some automated safety measure. Which the HH team did not explain properly to me: https://support.cybersource.com/s/article/DO-NOT-HONOR-Invalid-Service-Code

So, when I tried to upgrade, I got a "Do not honor" flag on my cards, which even my bank was unsure of the first time I called them on the issue. Called them again yesterday and it took them 6 hours to fix. So, my cards work again, but the HH support should explain a bit more then "Call your bank and say they need to accept the transaction".

To explain it, you need to call the bank and give then a Verbal Authorization. What this implies is, that you decline some safety measures your bank have for you in order to be able to pay for things on this site again. 😠

If anyone gets the same issue, just follow the link I have posted. Thanks for trying to help fisticuz. 🙂

• 2 weeks later...

I am having the same problem, i try to buy the gold card but it declined, so i talk to my bank, then i try first to buy the card, it declined, so try to buy a pack a kobans with the same card and the transaction was successful.

That makes me thing that the problem is the golden card.