My objective assessment of recent changes.

Eviora

Due to what I guess are save file incompatibilities we've had a recent reset of our kink points, crafts and the new story progress and messages.
I'm sitting on an idle multiplier of 903.16 million and a reward multiplier of 126.72 billion due to my progress with affection which wasn't effected, so your mileage may vary based on your multipliers.

I've had a little go with the game after the reset and here's how it went.
After I got home from work, I saw the game after the initial maintenance that brought in the reset. I simply filled up the stage levels and progressed through the chapters to get to chapter 4. I couldn't do much else as the Reset/Remax button wouldn't respond. So I took a break playing some other game.
Edit: I also used up my Ryos given to me as compensation and among a bunch of useless buffs I got a 15clicks/second auto clicker buff from gacha.
I returned later, the Reset/Remax button had been fixed at this point, and started using chapter 4 to grind back my crafts. While doing this I deliberately refrained from using any kink points on contacts.
I think it took me about 3 to 4 hours to max my crafts back out again.
Even if you can't max out your crafts due to less affection progress, chapter 4 should surely be a big help compared to old hentai clicker to get you back up to where you were in no time.

So about the kink point reset.
As stated above I didn't use any to get my progress back and it didn't feel like I was hindered in any way. Once your crafts are of a decent to high lvl the effect that the contacts have on the game are next to none. I however was overcompensated (by a lot), so whatever damages the kink point reset could have had wasn't there for me I just need to progress through chapter 1 to get all my contacts back.
It looks like contacts are a way to help new players catch up with established ones, however once you start seriously progressing with crafts, kink points are merely a time/resource sink.
The most useful bonus that contacts give is in my opinion the "Harem girls level after reset" as it allows me to focus on lvling up my reward girls before moving on to leveling my idle girl.

And about the messages.
Depending on how much time you spend away from this game the +2 message cap could potentially help you get back to where you were faster than before. Let's say if you sleep or work for 6 hours or longer you would have earned 50% more than you would have before.
I wasn't a big fan of losing all the images and story progress that I would have had unlocked if this feature was introduced before the super hentai clicker update. But ultimately it looks like it's another kink point like catch up feature for new players that just adds small amounts of percentages to boost up your progress.

So in conclusion.
The story progress was caught up to in a few minutes for me. You only seem to need to be able to reach stage level 500 in each chapter to progress to the next.
Crafts took me about 3 to 4 hours to get back. So still not a big deal.
Kink points were reimbursed to me, but ultimately my loss in progress wouldn't have had a big impact. The feature is more useful for new players.
Messages should be caught up with in a few weeks with the new cap if you spend more than 4 hours away from this game. This feature also is mostly useful for new players.
The reset overall wasn't a big deal for me, I can't speak for new players though that will take a bit longer to recover and are more dependent of the kink points and messages for their progress.

Edited by Eviora

28 minutes ago, Kumu said:

I think the worst part about the reset wasn't the reset itself, but the piss poor quality control before launch, and mostly the abysmal communication.

This is an extremely big part of why these changes were viewed terribly. You can't just dump all these changes without any patch notes or notifications and was full of bugs and shitty performance (game was nearly impossible to play 3-5 days ago). There's no excuse for either of those two things, when you have a TEST SERVER where people gave feedback on the changes and performance of the game, and an OFFICIAL FORUM to announce the changes to everyone before they actually happen. 

As for the actual changes themselves, they pretty much all make the game grindier, especially for the new players who don't have fully enhanced event/gacha girls. Percentage chance of getting girls instead of 100%, adding more things to have to farm (transcendence), and forcing constant remaxing and chapter switching all contribute to slowed progression. To high level/old players like you and me, this just means we actually have stuff to do while waiting for events, but for new players it's going to take much longer to get to where we were before the changes, and by then who knows what event girls they're going to miss out on.

• Like 1

I could probably live with the reset if the crashing/loading issues were resolved; but the hassle of having to wait 5 minutes for a reload nearly every time you do a reset again and again and again, well I won't be bothering. It was enough hassle just to collect and use affection to keep things ticking over and that has not changed. 

2 hours ago, Kumu said:

I think the worst part about the reset wasn't the reset itself, but the piss poor quality control before launch, and mostly the abysmal communication.

The worst is the lost of trust. why should i put actual money in the game, when they just can wipe out everything at any time? who tells me theres not another reset next week? no point of investing time or money on this game anymore.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Andi85ch said:

The worst is the lost of trust. why should i put actual money in the game, when they just can wipe out everything at any time? who tells me theres not another reset next week? no point of investing time or money on this game anymore.

Completely agree. Indeed, this reset would be bearable - if developers wouldn't treat us like shit. And now they didn't deserve nor one cent, nor one minute of time.