Mojo system does not meet its stated goals

Kassander

According to JessieChan's post (in a closed thread, so I reply here):

The Mojo system is a rating system meaning that fighting opponents with lower Mojo will give less and fighting opponents with higher Mojo will give you more. The goal of the system is to show how strong you are compared to others and not necessarily how much you fight.

The second goal is not met, because only the attacker gains or loses mojo. So if you don't fight you always have 1000 mojo, and the more you fight, the more mojo you are able to gain.

The first goal is not met, because the attacker can choose which defenders to fight. So if you choose not to fight stronger opponents, you lose mojo less often and appear stronger than you are.

• Like 1

Now we have both Mojo and PvP Wins which means that people that fight the most and win will be on top in the PvP Wins ranking, and the people who are the strongest in their level bracket, will be on top in the Mojo ranking. Honestly, that sounds like a fairer system to us than the one before.

I'm also confused because of this quote. She says fair in the level bracket, but there are no brackets. We only fight similar opponents, but then measure against a lvl 30 who has a much easier time fighting in the arena. I'd suggest leagues 1-99, 100-199, 200-299, 300-400.

Her whole post is kinda bull shit if you ask me (no offense) pvp wins and mojo share a similarity and it has nothing to do with who's the strongest but it has to do with who's the most active so someone who's first in pvp wins can also be first in mojo if he is careful, me for example i am not careful so my results are, i am national first with a 100+ pvp wins difference from the second but this second player is national first in mojo ranks while i am fourth.

I am so much more active that i deserve to be first in mojo ranks as well but i am not afraid, our mojo difference is like 400-600 points and i am getting closer to him every day so because i am so much more active than him i will reach and pass him in no time at all.

Edited by Cytheria

well, I am not even top 500 on Nutaku in PvP wins:
image.thumb.png.bd0777dae7a84be9b3b8457f3e4774ae.png

But I am top 200 on Mojo:
image.thumb.png.83ae72441785124cbe45bf4eb25130c1.png

I don't have time to do a huge amount of PvP battles, but the ones I do, I usually win.
Once I start doing all battles, I drop down a lot of places in the Mojo ranking, but my PvP wins ranking stays the same.
Even if you think the difference isn't there, there's a huge difference in the two lists.
The first one is just measuring activity. As a not that active PvP player, I cannot get that much higher in the list.
The second one measures a combination of activity and a small portion of tactics.
I can fight every strong opponent, but I would probably lose most of them, dropping my Mojo.