My chats with Kinkoid about the forum

Chthugha

This thread should be on another location, but most players visit General Discussion the most, so that's why I put it here.

In this thread I will post whatever Jessie and I have discussed about the forum.
I will try to bring the most urgent matters (in my eyes) under the attention of the Kinkoid team.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

This week I had my first talk with Jessie since I was appointed as moderator.

Obviously we discussed pending reports about users.
So it could be that you received a warning for something you did during the Legendary Days event.
This will be the last time I will do that this late after the post was made, but in this case it was necessary for me to learn the boundaries of the forum in the eyes of Kinkoid.
To be completely transparant: one of the reports that was made, involved someone name-calling me.
Jessie passed judgment on that, because I cannot stay neutral in that one.
The result is that I've also received a warning, because I was part of the problem there (this was from before I was moderator).

The other things we have discussed were the more urgent things of the forum in my eyes.
I will give a quick summary of it:
1. The legendary girl event: not a lot of info here, but there will be another event like this. Jessie said there will be more information about that. I asked her to please communicate about the last one as well.

2. payment methods of the monthly card: at this moment the team cannot provide alternate payment methods. you will have to try to make the current option work.

3. the constant HH_errors people are experiencing: they are investigating them, and they try to solve them, but it might be a long process.

4. forum contests and the still open contest: Jessie already replied to us about that in that thread immediately after our talk. she will also try to get new forum contests for us to participate in.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 3 weeks later...

It has been a while, but I have been talking to Jessie and one of the devs.

I was making sure some of the bugs are known with the devs (new accounts ToF bug for example).
The most urgent issue is the feedback of the legendary days event though.

I asked Jessie and the dev posting with the Kinkoid account to give any kind of response.
And the latest information about that is that Kinkoid are going to talk about that (that dev and Jessie).

If nothing new comes (I expect something though, because of the next legendary days event in the near future), then I'll keep poking them a bit.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...

It has been a while since my last post... I've been busy, and when I had time to talk, Jessie was busy.

Anyway, today we discussed a couple of points.

The most important one was the Norou legendary days event.
I've given her the feedback summary thread I started.

I've also asked her about the promised legendary days FAQ.
She told me they will do it next week.

-----------------

Not Jessie, but still important (well Jessie pointed me towards someone else for this matter):
The banners for other games, that can give you quite a substantial amount of kobans.
They don't always work.
I asked a dev what to do in that situation, and the following is the best way to go.

If you had a banner promoting another gamer, and you didn't receive the kobans afterwards, then you should send an e-mail to contact-hh with the following information:
your player ID (you can find that on your profile page), and the game that was promoted on the banner.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

So this one is going to be about the forum itself...

Thanks to my job I'll have 6 weeks of vacation starting saturday.
Which means I'll finally have the time to clean up the forum a bit.
I'll close and hide old and redundant threads, and just close old threads with good information in them.
This will be done to prevent necroposting in the future.
That will also mean that I will be closing threads once a month to keep the forum clean.

Secondly, a general FAQ will be created with every basic knowledge one needs to know.
This will include information about general gameplay, but also a checklist to see if something is a bug or not.
We've had a wave of threads in the bug section about not getting common girls from villains for example.
This is not a bug, but no matter how many times it has been told, players will still come and ask that question.
This FAQ will be a way to make it easier for me to close certain type of threads.

So to make a summary: lots of stuff to make my job easier xD

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...

So, a small update.
Topics that haven't been replied to for 2 months in the sections general (+subsections feedback and QA) and Places for suggestions and bug report (+subsections Suggestions and Bug reporting) will now be closed to prevent necroposting. I will do that in the first weekend of every new month. So right now every thread with the last reply of may 31st and before in those sections are closed and in the first weekend of september I will do this up to june 31st.
I've hidden some old threads that contain out of date information that can confuse newer players, if they happen to read them.
The FAQ has been released, and has nestled itself in the QA Questions Answers subsection because that's the most logical place for it to be.

Now the last thing, which didn't mention in my last post: I've written an e-mail to PorcoRosso. He's one of the founding members of Kinkoid.
I'll attach a pdf of it to this post for anyone to read.
I will also say that I've left out a part of this letter, because it's concerning a more private and highly delicate matter.
Or put differently: I don't think it's something I can share with you at this moment.

I've also not covered everything I wanted to write about, so I'll have to do those things at a different moment.

letter_to_PorcoRosso_2.pdf

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

I've taken a bit of time to let it all sink in, but friday I had a Skype-call with PorcoRosso about the letter I wrote.

A lot of things have been discussed and it's a bit too much to remember, so I'll try to make a short summary.
PorcoRosso agreed with most of what was written in the letter, and he will try to make improvements.
He felt that they were catering too much towards the French community, even though it's not the community bringing in the most money.
We shall have to see how this changes overtime. We will keep in contact about the progress.

The Spanish community will have a CM pretty soon. They have found someone and are feeling good about it.
(I have no idea how long pretty soon is though :P)

I have stressed the importance about better communication when it comes to bugs, especially those that are hard to crack.

Let me also tell you that they have been busy making their team stronger, and they are now ready to start with the league and club features, which we can expect in the coming months.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2