Pinned threads on General Discussion could probably use a clean up.

Hollo

So, here's where I take a nice exhale, now that the FAQ has been updated for 2018. Haaaaahhhhhhhhh.

And then I notice there are seven pinned topics on the GenDis forum. Ruh roh. :D It's like, filling almost the entire first page full of topics on my browser!

A few suggestions, if I may:

• I imagine the Future F.A.Q. thread will get unpinned. Maybe after one last check that every question in it has been folded into the new FAQ.
  • Rules probably belongs at the top, if possible. Arguably its own section, so it doesn't get bumped down whenever a new topic looks pinworthy.
  • I think Spoilers and how to prevent them should get folded into the rules. I mean, it's already in the rule post; the details should go right there.
  • HH++: the "allowed" userscript could probably go in the FAQ. It's very useful, but so are lots of things. I like it, but I also like all the other helpful info for people to know.
  • My chats with Jessie about the forum is a tough one. It hardly ever updates, but I can see leaving it pinned, so we have this weird situation where we're constantly skipping past this quiet topic to get down to the new discussion of the day. Content-wise, I think it fits with HH news from the discord server, even though it's not from the server - it's news from Kinkoid. And maybe we want to keep Kinkoid news relatively noise free? So I'm thinking fold them under a new thread, call it News from Kinkoid, lock it, and let a separate thread contain discussion.

If you did all this, there'd be only Rules, News, and FAQ, which would be pretty slick, IMO.
Thoughts?

• Like 1

The easiest way to fix the order is probably to repost them all in the order you want, and let the dates drive the sorting. That means you'd be the author of all of them, and you might also have to repost them all if you ever add a new pinned post. But if there's some hidden feature that lets you set an arbitrary ordering, go for it. (I'm guessing this is PHPbb, though, which is notoriously hard to customize, so unless you're already an old hand at it, I highly recommend staying away from its innards and sparing yourself the pain.)