Rewarded With Free Monthly Card?

Yamamura

I haven't logged on in 20 hours, or so. When I did, I've been given the message to claim my free Kobans from a monthly card. The monthly card is only for 2½ days.

Not complaining, just wondering why I was given this. I don't know if it's a bug, but seeing as I would like an answer, I'll leave it here.

If anyone also have had this happen resently, please let me know on why.

1 hour ago, Tiffany said:

As is typical, loyal customers that pay regularly get nothing for their loyalty.

Hey, we were forced to not spend anything for MONTHS in order to receive this, you're still coming in ahead by a bunch of kobans there :P

In all seriousness though, in all the time i've been playing the game (a year and a half) this is the second time i've seen this, the only other time being when v2 hit. It's not as frequent as you're making it out to be there.

2 hours ago, Tiffany said:

As is typical, loyal customers that pay regularly get nothing for their loyalty.

What they could/should do is to give paying customers the same amount of free days, that way they get something. Maybe it already happened that way, I don't know.

20 minutes ago, Makinen said:

Hey, we were forced to not spend anything for MONTHS in order to receive this, you're still coming in ahead by a bunch of kobans there :P

In all seriousness though, in all the time i've been playing the game (a year and a half) this is the second time i've seen this, the only other time being when v2 hit. It's not as frequent as you're making it out to be there.

I didn't mean it was frequent here.  It's a typical marketing ploy in many industries.  Sign uo promorions for new customers while the current ones are ineligable for the same deals.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tiffany said:

I didn't mean it was frequent here.  It's a typical marketing ploy in many industries.  Sign uo promorions for new customers while the current ones are ineligable for the same deals.

Oh, i know what you mean. Advertising is generally aimed at people that haven't (yet) bought your product after all.

A magazine i subscribe to went a little overboard early in its history and gave so many promotions that it actually ended up cheaper to buy new editions in store rather than get an actual subscription. When it was pointed out to them they lowered the price for subscribers that year too though, so it all ended up alright in the end :P

But yeah, 6 days out of a year of free monthlies isn't anything particularly gamebreaking, which would explain my rather tongue-in-cheek comment in my previous post. Subbing the month still gives you an advantage by far compared to... not.