My Random Thoughts and Ideas

Some of this may echo some points which others have already said in other topics, but here are my thoughts after playing the open beta through to unlocking the stage 500 girl in my harem (with affection levels of the 7 girls at 7, 4, 3, 2, 1, 1, and 1.  I've got access to 3 of the 6 active abilities and 16 of the 18 crafts.)

Gameplay concern: It can often feel like the only ones necessary to level up are Bunny and Estelle.  No need for Mizuki, Megane, etc. unless Neptune's Touch / Mojo Forged Robot is active and also unless you're trying to click through an extra boss or two worth of stages after progress slows down too much.

A few ideas around that subject:

• Semi-idle gameplay: Maybe add something like 1 click per second (or per 2 or 3 seconds, at least) as something that exists as a baseline element in the game at all times regardless of anything else. There's potential for options to upgrade this function in some way (such as the frequency) later.  And having this would allow us to treat each click bonus as an extra type of "idle" bonus.
  • Perhaps change Angela, Vanessa, and Clara's bonuses to being % bonuses for all click AND idle gains of their type.  This might incentivize leveling those three regardless of play style.  It limits the clicking vs idling issue to just Mizuki/Megane vs Bunny.
  • Could there be some sort of target system added onto the active gameplay? What I mean is that there could be a symbol for each type floating around each girl and if you click the one that matches the girl's type it could apply an extra bonus to the excitement gained from the click.  Targets move faster when the girl is swaying faster while being clicked, so you'd have to pay attention to keep getting this bonus multiple times in a row.  Nothing extra for clicking the wrong symbol... Unless there could be a mechanic that stores up some sort of charge from these wrong clicks (fraction of value of what the extra gains could have been, with diminishing returns on how much more gets saved up with the next wrong click based on how many charges you've already saved up) and then releases it all to create a special boost to the next click that actually does hit the correct type?
  • Critical clicks. Random chance per click for an extra bonus.  Won't work on autoclicks, and doesn't affect idling at all.  Could have some way to upgrade the chance and the amount of bonus.  (This idea is a different mechanic from what appears to already be possible with the "combos" from acquiring Bunny and Megane's third perks.)
  • "Idle Mode" and "Active Mode".  Taking a cue from something that a lot of other idle/clicker games out there sometimes include.  Idle Mode can toggle itself on after a few seconds have passed by without the player clicking, and it provides an extra bonus until you start clicking again.  There could potentially be a time element as well, with the boost growing over time until it reaches a cap.  Active Mode aims to be the reverse of that, turning itself on while you're clicking / turning itself off when too much time passes by without any clicking.  This also has the potential to include a time element, growing over time as you continue clicking until it reaches a cap.  (Side note: There could be some interplay between these active and passive sides of things.  Like maybe the Idle Mode adds some % of click gains to the idle gains, and maybe Active Mode adds some % of idle gains to each click's gains.)

On the subject of the harem:

• I agree with the sentiment I saw in another topic saying that it could be neat to see some sort of gallery of other encountered girls / bosses besides the 7 major ones.
  • I mean, those 7 could still be in the harem set aside with special distinction as being part of your management team, of course.
  • But maybe there could also be a section for all the other bosses which are found at every 10th stage. (Those use a list of predefined girls, right?  They're not randomized like the non-boss girls we see?)  Give them an alternative version of the affection leveling system (simplified and cheaper to level up) with the sum of all affection levels of all minor harem girls of the same type contributing to some sort of additional perk system outside of the 7 managers' perks.
  • Superficial extra feature for all harem girls, both major and minor: Maybe there could be a Dressing Room / Costume Mode.  Somewhere where we can view them in any of their available/unlocked outfits / lingerie (or not in their outfits) on demand.  (Could find ways to add in unlocks for new options besides what they started with.)
  • The perks on the managers seemed kind of oddly placed to me when I was first getting started, by the way.  Typically in other idle/clicker games you would defeat enemies to earn cash which you spend on levels and then at certain milestones in that leveling process you can buy a perk which lasts for the rest of that run (and in some cases boosts like these can add new functionality to a character which wasn't active by default).  This game put the icons in the same place where those types of bonuses would be placed, but they're earned on a separate screen from a different leveling system instead of having anything to do with that regular leveling system and they persist through resets.  Seems to me like that's not the best way to organize this.  Any chance you could come up with different bonuses to add which could fit into that temporary model while moving the info about any activated permanent perks to a tooltip when looking at the girl's portrait or name?

On the subject of the Crafts:

• Any chance you could consider handling it in some way that's less random?  Like maybe you have to pay a fee for additional slots but you can choose which skill to activate next?  Or at least being able to set a preferred category (click, idle, charm, know-how, hardcore, and rewards/other) and have the RNG weighted to favor giving you a bonus of that type? 
  • Also, how about having a way to sort and/or filter the list to make it easier to find specific ones when you have most of them unlocked?

What else can I say...

• I'm curious to see what else could be included for further activity in the game beyond unlocking the 7th manager.
  • Generally in other idle/clicker games the resource earned from resets will grant some sort of generic passive bonus to income, and using that resource to activate or level up various other bonuses functions as a trade-off (sacrificing one bonus to gain a different bonus).  I'm really unclear on whether or not this game does such a thing though.  There have been times where it feels as if the game is getting faster as I stockpile mojo / slower as I spend it on things... And there have been times where it feels like that is NOT happening and I was just imagining it.
  • I think there could be potential in the idea someone posted for missions / challenges of some sort being a new game feature.  Like maybe... Let's say that we can move our shop around between different lands in the haremverse.  Certain bonuses that we've accumulated could carry over but others would temporarily be locked and we'd have certain limitations in place while in certain lands (to challenge us). The girls in the new area (including new unique bosses to add to the minor harem, if that idea gets used) would be balanced differently so that we have to start slow again kind of like when first starting the game.  It's an entirely different stage progression from the land we started in.  But we'd pick up new permanent bonuses from each foreign land we visit that can help in various ways throughout the rest of the game.
  • A way to limit what we can do in certain lands in that last idea would be if there were certain lands that certain managers would just refuse to go to, depriving you of their bonuses while you're there.  (In particular, a land that forces us to go without Bunny's help may be a place where we can't get by on idle progress alone and need to play more actively.)  Perhaps different manager type bosses could be found in that land which can replace the missing character (Lupa in place of Bunny?) and provide slightly different bonuses in their same category though.  And actually... Perhaps when you have recruited multiple managers who can work in the same position in your management team, if you're in a land in which two or more of the options in the same position do not object to visiting perhaps there could be a way to select which one will be active.  (Let's say that you must reset before the change will take effect.  Can't swap them out in the middle of a run.)  So the home land unlocks the first 7 managers and then the "foreign lands" feature is unlocked and there could be at least 7 of them available to visit, each with 1 of the original 7 managers restricted and a replacement waiting to join you when you can reach a high enough stage in that land.
  • Like 1