The problem with multipliers.

reisu

So i have been playing the game and noticing certain upgrades and perks not working properly, so i turned into the forums and noticed alot of people saying their perks/multipliers/bonuses not working properly or at al.

So i did some testing of my own and the problem is They do work, the game just doesnt update all or perks and multys per every single girl we fight, so we are either way stronger than we should for a certain Trait or way weaker. I noticed i lost power buying upgrades for Harcore which made no sense to me until i saw how i had the exact same values for hardcore as i would do for every other trait, the multipliers and perks only seem to update every boss fight be it when you start it or when you finishe it depending on what trait the boss is and the girl after said boss.

Basically the game just updates certains values when we buy levels to the girls refreshing some values seemingly at random or during/after a boss fight. 

Other than that when it does update the values properly the rest of the perks seem to be working as intended, they just dont work most of the time because the game doesnt check for all the perks/multys every girl fight.

And i'm sorry if some one already said all of this but by what i read on the forums no one said anything about this, just that some perks or upgrades didnt work.

TL;DR: Game doesnt update your stats every girl fight but the multipliers do work when it does.

Here's a post I made about that very topic. For my set-up (multipliers from girls and artifacts) it seems I have a X9 for charm, so sometimes when I buy even a single level for charm (Vanessa) it multiplies my base click value by 9, however, that x9 bonus applies for all the girls in the upcoming stages until the boss. It actually even does this on it's own when I am idling after a restart of the forge. The base value is 51A5, but it jumps to 232.15A5 and stays there, until, like you said, the boss stage. What's worse if you haven't noticed, is base click value decreases sometimes after boss fights as well. Down to 15.15A5 in the case of a fresh restart as I described above.

No devs have replied yet, but it looks like it's more beneficial to boost 1 trait for multipliers rather than spread across. Let me know what your set up is and if you get reductions in the base click value after a random bonus - is it as severe as above?

I'm encountering the same bug with idle damage .

All my idle related artefacts are on the exact same level ( hc/kh/ch/boss)

I have bunny and angela idle multiplier perks ( respectively hc and kh )

Yet when finishing a cycle of hardcore non-boss combat followed by a cycle of charm non-boss combat , if i don't level up bunny , it seems i'm able to keep a multiplier i should not get .

The opposite also happens , end a cycle of charm non-boss combat followed by a hardcore one , if i don't level up bunny , i won't get the bonuses .

The game seems to calculte bonuses to apply only when entering a boss combat , exiting a boss combat , and when leveling bunny .

Edited by Grumly

Yes the game does indeed only update the bonuses in boss fights and the first girl after you exit the fight or if you just buy an upgrade

i didnt take prints for clicking when testing because leveling click was legit pointless by then, so i took for idle with Bunny 3x harcore idle bonus instead.

So here's the "default/non harcore" after exiting a boss and fighting charm,1.thumb.PNG.61e75c51ef781a9867d9631176dbba61.PNG

And the harcore Values not being updated

2.thumb.PNG.504a84ae5cc3427a1af10da207fb9f37.PNG

After buying 10(?) levels for bunny in the same fight3.thumb.PNG.27fbf2cf1f642e021115c72c2e0e2e29.PNG

And finally the values being updated to a non hardcore boss fight4.thumb.PNG.a703e240b77b6b7e7a5550ef2bf3dbd1.PNG

Honestly its a funny bug cuz sometimes it'll work in your favor and sometimes it wont. Just stick to leveling default "!!" values as those do work in every girl and pick your favourite of the other 3 and just level Money and Idle/click and pray to whatever deity for good RNG.