Gacha Question

SpinelesS

Not sure If I'm looking at this correctly or not, but isn't the Gacha WAY too expensive for it's potential prizes?

This is how I see it:

Costs 9000 Kobans.

And you can win 1 of the following:

A girl (great, though that may be because I have always had a thing for Bunny's Mother :P)

Or

A consumable: everything except Sexy Lingerie costs less than 9000 (bad, unless you get sexy lingerie, then you have made a slighty decent deal)

Or

A Booster: everything except for Special Romantic Date (overpriced, and wouldn't buy if I had the Kobans) only costs 1500 Kobans (very Bad)

Now if it was 1 of each, that would probably be a justifiable price...

Edited by SpinelesS
  • Like 1

I figured I'd give it a try, and just as I expected I got Boss duration boost. The most worthless of boosts. A huge waste of the 9,000 kobans I had saved up. I want my Kobans back. I definitely agree with you that the rewards for the price are absolutely awful.

I never give money to games that use Gacha or other loot boxes, and this game will certainly not be an exception to that rule.

• Like 4

I hadn't even looked into comparing what the consumables / boosters would cost when bought directly and I was already thinking that the gacha looked horrendously overpriced just on the reasoning that I'd personally want the harem drop guaranteed for that price and even then I'd still hope that the price could be cheaper for the long term if/when there are tons more girls added to it.

I'd imagine that this is just a "proof of concept" stage for this and that things will change in a future update though.  Maybe not necessarily to something that will look that much more satisfying to people if their handling of the gacha system in Harem Heroes is any indication.  But I'm sure they'll tweak it in some way.

Harem Heroes on Nutaku (I haven't really looked at the Hentai Heroes version) has its gacha system (pachinko) set up with three versions:

• "Great Pachinko" has a free daily spin or you can pay the in-game cash (yemen?) for either 1 spin or 10 spins.  Exact cost scales with harem size, or something like that.  Possible prizes to get from each spin are equipment and books/gifts, but no chance for girls.  Perhaps a Hentai Clicker version of this might cost mojo (since the Y money has crazy idle game scaling) for whatever would work as really basic types of prizes.  Harem Heroes has added a bunch of options throughout the game to pick up free kobans but before they started adding those I had always hoped to see kobans as a possible prize in the "great" pachinko (and I still think it would have been a nice touch).
  • "Epic Pachinko" costs 90 kobans for 1 spin or 900 kobans for 10 spins or 1000 kobans for... I think it's also 10 spins but there's a twist compared to the other 10 spin option?  You're guaranteed to win exactly 1 girl with 10 spins and the 1000 koban option will offer you a choice between 2 girls for which one you'll take.  Other possible prizes include equipment, books/gifts, and boosters.  And prizes here can be (but aren't necessarily guaranteed to be) higher quality versions than the prizes in the "great" pachinko.  The selection of possible girls that can be won is massive since it includes all the girls that can be dropped by the bosses in the story maps as well as pachinko exclusives and girls from whatever event might be running.  For Hentai Clicker, I don't know about the pricing but I'd be surprised if we don't see something similar in place of the current 9000 koban non-guaranteed single spin.  (Here's hoping that they'd opt for something more like 500 for 1 completely random spin and 5000 for 10 spins with a guarantee.)  There is a huge difference in the number of girls available to be won though.  They probably don't want to do something like this yet, with just two main prizes waiting for us.
  • "Event Pachinko" costs 300 kobans for 4 spins and is only available when an event is active.  Nothing is guaranteed, but possible prizes include specifically just the event's girls and only the highest quality equipment and gifts.  If Hentai Clicker doesn't explode the roster of potential harem girls the way that Harem Heroes has, perhaps this might be more along the lines of how Hentai Clicker might format its gacha system instead of modeling after the "epic" pachinko.  Like maybe Hentai Clicker could ask for 2500 kobans for 5 completely random spins, for example.  (Still hoping for less unreasonable looking costs there, obviously.)
  • Like 1

On 8/29/2019 at 4:13 PM, SquigglyPants said:

I figured I'd give it a try, and just as I expected I got Boss duration boost. The most worthless of boosts. A huge waste of the 9,000 kobans I had saved up.

Was the item you got at least removed from the pool for future Gacha rolls? I've been wondering about that (as I said in my feedback thread, even if that's how it works, it's still insanely overpriced and luck dependent, but a bit less so than if it's just 1 out of 18 every time).

Whelp I got a stupid Advertisement Campaign worth 1.5k

Is there anyone among those like me who were stupid enough to play the Gacha that actually got  a girl?

Also I'm currently unable to buy the booster I "won" for the next 12 hours. If you purchase all the boosters before you gacha would that rule out the chance of getting a booster, increasing the chances of getting a girl?

I think that the gacha should be just like epic pachinko is, with 900 kobans you get a single item with a small chance for a girl and with 9000 kobans you get a guaranteed girl drop along with 9 other items.

Edited by Hotless
  • Like 2

On 9/6/2019 at 4:33 AM, SpinelesS said:

Also I'm currently unable to buy the booster I "won" for the next 12 hours. If you purchase all the boosters before you gacha would that rule out the chance of getting a booster, increasing the chances of getting a girl?

This is a really clever idea.. if it works, you could guarantee a girl for what... 20kish kobans?

1 hour ago, Ledah 2 said:

Sadly thats not how it works.
Every booster stays in the pool if you win one it's duration will just get added.

Hide contents

pic.thumb.png.059ebd10cf51dc6f85c078ac02d4a687.png

Geez, how many Gacha's did you buy? and did you get a girl?

Gotta say after wasting just 9000 and getting a 12 hr booster, my desire to play this game has plummeted greatly...

Edited by SpinelesS
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, SpinelesS said:

Geez, how many Gacha's did you buy? and did you get a girl?

Gotta say after wasting just 9000 and getting a 12 hr booster, my desire to play this game has plummeted greatly...

I already had both girls before, I just wanted to test your idea.
So I just went into Gacha and did it a couple of times.

If you are into math and want to do some calculations on the rates for each price here some numbers.

"Note": I did the Gacha exactly 50 times.
First Accumulate all hours for the boosters visible in the picture except for the last Booster since this one is a 4 hours booster while the others are for 12 hours:
You'll get a total of 456 hours divide it through 12 hours, this makes 38 cheap boosters.
Do the same for the expensive booster: 12 hours divided through 4 hours, makes 3 Expensive booster.
So now we know that 41/50 Prices where Boosters and the other 9 Consumables.

Dividing the hours from every booster separately shows us how often I got each boost.

1. 4 times
  2. 4 times
  3. 3 times
  4. 6 times
  5. 4 times
  6. 6 times
  7. 3 times
  8. 5 times
  9. 3 times
  10. 3 times

For the Consumables there is no mathematically way to show which rewards I got how often afterwards,
you can only tell from the Picture that I have 200 hearts at that moment and I started with 0:

4x Rewards, 2x 100 hearts, 0x 200 hearts, 0x 500 hearts, 0x 1000 hearts, 3x Mojo

Edited by Ledah 2

Looking at the numbers posted above, I would say there are not an equal % chance to get the items, the boosters sure, they seem even enough for it to be an equal chance of which one you get, but looking at the hearts, they should match the others, being about 3-4x each one of the options. This "proves" that the chance to get an item isn't equal chance.

Hearts have a much lower drop rate then the other items, if not all heart items are counted as one. Meaning the chance to get a booster=chance to get one of the 4 hearts upgrades or a mojo one. I can only assume that getting a girl is even lower then the chance to get a heart upgrade, or best case senario, shares the %-rating.

Looking at the price of "gacha gold/Yemen", it would probably be cheaper to go a couple of drawing courses, and draw your own girl, then to gamble for one in the gacha atm.

AND that is not counting the chance, since this is beta, that something goes wrong and you lose your progress, girls you got, or money you spent.

My 2 cents? Don't spend money on this game, atleast untill they are out of beta, and have either; Removed the gacha system or at the very least, give the %-chance for each item.

(I wonder if the % is shown in the countries that require it to be shown, by law... Or what the option is for players in a country where loot boxes are illigal...

Any player from Belgium for instance?)

Edit: Line breaks.

Edited by DuoIz

8 hours ago, DuoIz said:

Looking at the numbers posted above, I would say there are not an equal % chance to get the items, the boosters sure, they seem even enough for it to be an equal chance of which one you get, but looking at the hearts, they should match the others, being about 3-4x each one of the options. This "proves" that the chance to get an item isn't equal chance.

Hearts have a much lower drop rate then the other items, if not all heart items are counted as one. Meaning the chance to get a booster=chance to get one of the 4 hearts upgrades or a mojo one. I can only assume that getting a girl is even lower then the chance to get a heart upgrade, or best case senario, shares the %-rating.

Looking at the price of "gacha gold/Yemen", it would probably be cheaper to go a couple of drawing courses, and draw your own girl, then to gamble for one in the gacha atm.

AND that is not counting the chance, since this is beta, that something goes wrong and you lose your progress, girls you got, or money you spent.

My 2 cents? Don't spend money on this game, atleast untill they are out of beta, and have either; Removed the gacha system or at the very least, give the %-chance for each item.

(I wonder if the % is shown in the countries that require it to be shown, by law... Or what the option is for players in a country where loot boxes are illigal...

Any player from Belgium for instance?)

Edit: Line breaks.

It is not in beta though 🤔

On 9/15/2019 at 8:30 AM, Chthugha said:

It is not in beta though 🤔

Sorry, that they removed the "Beta" from the main page... not sure if I should be scared, suprised or what...)

Still, as I said " Don't spend money on this game, atleast untill they are out of beta, and have either; Removed the gacha system or at the very least, give the %-chance for each item. "

I might have missplaced the "," but my thoughts stand, the prices is way to high, and there is no transparency. The system is built to cheat the people using it, and in such a big way it is easy to see from a mile away as the items "won" in the gacha are all of lower value then the gasha in it self. (except what, 2-3 items top?).

It would be like buying a lottery ticket where the prices were all at a lower value then the ticket in itself.

"But you win a booster," Some might say. If I was in a store, and I could either by a lottery ticket for €20.000 with "less then 1% chance" of a car, or Gift card worth €500.

What would you choose? A lottery ticket for 20.000? Or simply a €500 gift card?

Sure you might never get a car, but in this case, there are plenty of "cars" to be had, just by typing in another adress in the adress bar.

• Like 1

Created a new account to test the numbers with the Girls included.
This time I even wrote down in which order I got every single price instead of just calculatig the amount of the boosters.
No idea what I should think about all this now, There is 1 Price that I got 9 times while on the other side there are 2 that I didnt even got 1 time.
I got a girl on the 18, 28 & 32 Gatcha.

Total amount of each Price.

9x Enchanted_Perfume
6x Ginseng_Beverage
5x Mojo-infused_Champagne
5x Deluxe_Appointments
3x Special_Romantic_Date
3x Sexy_Lingerie
3x Premium_Service_Offer
3x Honey_Finger_Scrub
3x Box_of_Chocolates
2x Ginger_Delight
2x Advertisement_Campaign
1x Sexting_to_Heroines
1x Stockings_Investments
1x Flowers

0x Mojo_Forged_Robot
0x Mojo_Blueprints

1x Louise_Carrot on 18th Gatcha
1x Svetlana on 28th Gatcha
1x Finalmecia on 32th Gatcha

Complete List

01. Box_of_Chocolates
02. Enchanted_Perfume
03. Enchanted_Perfume
04. Premium_Service_Offer
05. Deluxe_Appointments
06. Special_Romantic_Date
07. Enchanted_Perfume
08. Enchanted_Perfume
09. Sexy_Lingerie
10. Enchanted_Perfume
11. Enchanted_Perfume
12. Advertisement_Campaign
13. Ginseng_Beverage
14. Advertisement_Campaign
15. Deluxe_Appointments
16. Mojo-infused_Champagne
17. Ginseng_Beverage
18. Louise_Carrot
19. Special_Romantic_Date
20. Mojo-infused_Champagne
21. Sexting_to_Heroines
22. Mojo-infused_Champagne
23. Special_Romantic_Date
24. Box_of_Chocolates
25. Honey_Finger_Scrub
26. Sexy_Lingerie
27. Deluxe_Appointments
28. Svetlana
29. Premium_Service_Offer
30. Deluxe_Appointments
31. Ginger_Delight
32. Finalmecia
33. Ginseng_Beverage
34. Ginseng_Beverage
35. Stockings_Investments
36. Enchanted_Perfume
37. Enchanted_Perfume
38. Mojo-infused_Champagne
39. Ginseng_Beverage
40. Deluxe_Appointments
41. Premium_Service_Offer
42. Ginseng_Beverage
43. Flowers
44. Enchanted_Perfume
45. Ginger_Delight
46. Mojo-infused_Champagne
47. Box_of_Chocolates
48. Sexy_Lingerie
49. Honey_Finger_Scrub
50. Honey_Finger_Scrub

And a Picture

pic.thumb.png.7090d5887d3942574617f89bd2ab0f0a.png

Edited by Ledah 2
  • Thanks 1

I put a post in suggestions about what they could fix for non girl rewards, but as it stands now the Gacha is a really horrible system. It costs way to much for way to little chance of the only drop that matters and anything besides a girl is basically worthless.

Using Ledah 2's table, I made this for anyone interested, I might have made a mistake, since it is the middle of the night and I am lacking in coffe... But it should be about right for anyone interested.

Item Won                                           Gacha Cost    Price "Worth"
01. Box_of_Chocolates                   9000        2850
02. Enchanted_Perfume                 9000        1500
03. Enchanted_Perfume                 9000        1500
04. Premium_Service_Offer           9000        1500
05. Deluxe_Appointments             9000        1500
06. Special_Romantic_Date          9000        15000
07. Enchanted_Perfume                9000        1500
08. Enchanted_Perfume                9000        1500
09. Sexy_Lingerie                            9000        12750
10. Enchanted_Perfume                9000        1500
11. Enchanted_Perfume                9000        1500
12. Advertisement_Campaign      9000        1500
13. Ginseng_Beverage                   9000        1500
14. Advertisement_Campaign      9000        1500
15. Deluxe_Appointments              9000        1500
16. Mojo-infused_Champagne      9000        6750
17. Ginseng_Beverage                    9000        1500
18. Louise_Carrot                            9000        ---

19. Special_Romantic_Date           9000        15000
20. Mojo-infused_Champagne      9000        6750
21. Sexting_to_Heroines                9000        1500
22. Mojo-infused_Champagne      9000        6750
23. Special_Romantic_Date           9000        15000
24. Box_of_Chocolates                   9000        2850
25. Honey_Finger_Scrub                 9000        1500
26. Sexy_Lingerie                             9000        12750    
27. Deluxe_Appointments               9000        1500    
28. Svetlana                                      9000        ---
29. Premium_Service_Offer            9000        1500
30. Deluxe_Appointments               9000        1500
31. Ginger_Delight                           9000        1500
32. Finalmecia                                  9000        ---

All girls obtained at 32 attempts, so other numbers can't be uncluded, as: "What you would get if a girl is rolled and you can't win one?"
        Total Cost:    288.000             
        "Worth":         124.950
        -----------------------
        Net Loss:       163.050

Assuming Girl value = Lost value

163.050/3 = 54.350
        About 1x € 49.99 (60k) pack in the store, on avrage, from these numbers.

1 girl in other words costs about as much as an AAA game, provided you buy them and not wait for the game to give you the 500 gold daily. In case, you don't pay, but wait, you would, in theory, win a girl every 110 or so days, in other words, about 1 every 3-4 months.

What I haven't done, but maybe should, but is to tired to do, is calculate the number of hearts won, the value, and the spending cost. By doing so it should be possible to get an estimated worth of a "heart" in the game too. Seeing as "Special Romantic Date" text says: Combo Each 20 clicks on an affection level does 5 times the affection  (Affection being heart right? As ! seems to be called Excitment, and the Y-coins would be really weird if they had a combo/click multi.) Seeing as "SRD" has the highest cost in the store, followed by heart items, I would assume that these are seen as quite valuable, at least from the devs point of view, how much could be interesting to know, seeing as the game hands out about 500"gold" a day, but only 200 hearts.

TL;DR Assuming you don't have bad luck, the gacha in the game isn't worth the money, if you are unlucky a girl could cost huge amonts, and if you are a free 2 play person, GL HF, you probably will never see the "Poster Girls" in the game for at least a year (and that is if you log in each and every day to collect the gold and do all the dailies).

It is true that the prices of the items in the shop are mostly bellow 9000 kobans which is the amount charged for gacha, however I want to make it clear that all items in the store are useless, because all items in the store are optional and hearts are free. However you can only get a gacha girl by playing gacha and by throwing that 9000 kobans dice. In my opinion gacha is the only thing you should spend kobans on.