No Meaningful Ways to Spend Kobans (For Budget or F2P Especially)

DvDivXXX

Hi, so I've been giving Hentai Clicker a fair shot for a few days now (still hoping for that bonus on Hentai Heroes for doing that, btw). It's a pretty simple but decent clicker/idle game overall. The artwork is gorgeous, although I'd like to have different poses or at least an option to zoom out on the main stage. The interface is good and fairly practical once you get used to the different screens. In terms of gameplay, of course, it's nowhere near the complexity and strategic options of mainstream top games in the genre, but it doesn't need to be. Still, it feels a bit lacking in some aspects.

My main issue is that there's no meaningful ways to spend kobans, especially not if as a budget player or F2P (we get 500 free kobans a day, it seems):

1. The Shop literally only sells temporary stuff that you accumulate for free by playing the game anyway, and prices are insanely high imho.
  2. Gacha is incredibly expensive (18 days worth of free kobans for one spin) and might as well be called Russian Roulette instead:
  •   You get one item at random out of the 18 in the pool... 16 of which are the same temporary boosts I already find overpriced in the shop, and only one of these actually costs more than the 9K for a Gacha roll (the 12.75K +1000 Affection item). Most of the other items "only" cost 1.5 or 2K in the shop... Which means paying 9K for one is awful, and it's the most likely outcome...
  • OR you might get one of the 2 super strong Idle girls (which I'm beginning to think might be the only ones in the game besides Bunny, at this point; I haven't passed Stage 5000 yet, but so far ALL girls have been Click except for Bunny)... If you're extremely lucky.

There's nothing to indicate or even hint at drop rates, no guaranteed girl option like the x10 Pachinko on HH, nothing but throwing a ton of kobans away and hoping for dumb luck. Compared to all the more varied and more reasonable options we have in HH, this doesn't quite hit the mark imho. Maybe I'm missing something, though. Maybe it's like a Box and every time you roll the Gacha, the item you get is removed from the pool? That would still be incredibly expensive and RNG dependent, but at least it would eventually work.

As it is, I just don't know what to do with my Hentai Clicker kobans, unfortunately. And even if had a ton of them, I'd probably feel the same.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/1/2019 at 6:46 AM, DvDivXXX said:
  • OR you might get one of the 2 super strong Idle girls (which I'm beginning to think might be the only ones in the game besides Bunny, at this point; I haven't passed Stage 5000 yet, but so far ALL girls have been Click except for Bunny)... If you're extremely lucky.

3 idle girls with today's update.  But yeah.  The gacha system as they have it right now has insane prices for a single drop with a very high chance of being stupid crap that you can get cheaper if you just buy them directly in the shop tab (and even then I don't think they're worth the price there either) and a very low chance to actually get something good.  However good those few good prizes may be, the bad prizes make that look like an extremely unattractive deal.  Something needs to be tweaked there.

And I haven't gotten past area 5000 yet either.  (Farthest I've gotten was somewhere around 4200 or so. Next "contact" unlocks at 4400.)  So I also don't know what bonuses are on that girl or the one that today's update added at... area 7000?  (That's so far away!  How are we ever going to reach her?)  I'll hazard a guess that possibilities for those bonuses could be increased boss time and increased starting levels (since those are bonuses on crafts and contacts that the other harem girls haven't tapped into).

I posted some thoughts somewhere in a couple topics here before and I still think that some interesting changes for the devs to consider might be:

• Maybe the girls with the typed click bonuses (currently Megane, Angela, and Vanessa) ought to give their bonus to both idle and click for their type.  It's either that or add new girls for typed idle bonuses that are all unlocked at lower areas, not too far off from where the typed click girls are unlocked.
  • Maybe the first two girls (Mizuki with generic click bonus and Bunny with generic idle bonus) could have as their first perk something along the lines of "boost all click by x% of base idle (so long as you have clicked recently)" and "boost all idle by y% of base click (so long as you have not clicked recently)".  x and y can be whatever cut the devs feel is appropriate, and "recently" can mean within the last 5 seconds (or whatever length they would want it to be).  The idle perk would create relevance for leveling clicks when not clicking and the click perk would create relevance for leveling idle when you are clicking.

Another suggestion to throw out there might be if the "contacts" feature could be expanded with some sort of leveling system.  Some way to boost what those bonuses are giving us.  Although at that point I guess the contacts would basically just be like a weak / secondary version of the crafts we can level up.

Unless...?  What if the bonuses provided by contacts were tweaked to scale up with some function of the total of all levels currently on your girls?  (Possibly weighted to give more value to levels from the girls with the same type as them so that there can be some variation in the results.)  In a way, this could have the effect of my idea for changing click bonuses to click+idle bonuses without actually changing the bonuses that the girls give out directly.  So for example the contacts Isabella (charm idle + 500%) and Sophia (charm click + 500%) are charm types and so maybe something like (log2(charm harem levels) + log10(hardcore and know-how harem levels)) could factor into some sort of boost to apply to those 500% values.  (If in that example there are a total of 1000 levels between all charm girls in the harem and a total of 1000 levels between all non-charm girls in the harem, that factor would be 9.97 + 3 = 12.97.  So maybe that could mean that the bonuses are 500 + 12.97 = 512.97%?  Or maybe it could mean 500 x 1.1297 = 564.85%?  However they want to let the bonuses grow, the contacts would grow stronger throughout each run as you level up the main harem girls until you reset at the forge.

• Like 1

TL:DR I agree with the koban issue. Not only are there few ways to use the ones you earn that are meaningfull, but looking at another post made, it looks like the %-chance to get a girl is very low, provided it even has the same chance to drop as a "heart" boosters.

Long version:

Lets say there is a 10% chance (it seems to be a lot lower), as in 1 side one a 10 sided dice. Probability would have it that you would have 1/10 of a chance to get a 10 each time you roll, so in theory you would get one every 10 rolls on avrage! So, 9000 koban * 10 is 90.000 koban. Everyone gets 500 a day, if they play and collect, meaning that that 90.000 is about half a year worth (180days). And that is ONLY if the chance is as high as 10%, (personally, I doubt it is higher then 1%)

Seeing most items you can win are of a lower value, of the 16 items,

2 are worth 0, if you just reset as they reset with the level you are on, netting you 0 Mojo or 0 Y-points.

2 have a value above 9000 koban.

Only 4 gives you any real upgrade (hearts) the rest are just short time speed boosts, that might push you a few levels higher before you reset and start over. (Did I mention that the game seems to have a cap on how fast you can progress? limiting the use of all the other items for the time it takes to get back to the level you where before the reset? Making them even more worthless then the shop might suggest?)

Chancing to get a bonus girl is a very very bad deal. BUT, it is the only option, so I am sure people are going to gamble. Paying between €9 to €99 to have a chance at a getting a "bonus" girl I might add, (if the chance is 10%, else it might be as high as €999, or more, if you are unlucky. And seeing as I have bad luck in all sorts of ways, I doubt even that would be enough for me to win even 1 of the current 3 bonus girls.)

So in the end, say that you are like me, unlucky, I would guess the "winning" on the gacha is about 2k for every 9k spent. Let's say you need to play at least 10 times to get a girl (10% chance) that is 90.000k - 20.000k = 70k worth of koban, "lost", or another way 70k is the "cost" of one of the bonus girls. (provided that the chance is 10% and you are lucky and get it on the 10th try, and not the 100th) I won't bother translating that sum into real money, you can do that youselves looking at the store.

I do realize an artist needs to be paid. Making 12-20 images and animating them takes time... I just whish there was a bit of more reasonable prices I guess... For instance, the "miss" of a gatcha, giving you at least the 7-8k worth of "worthless" prices.

2 last 2 cents: If the prices are reasanable, then there would be no problem with giving us things like %-chance to win on all the diffrent prices. It would also, most likley increase the people who spend money, as they wouldn't feel cheated just by seeing the price vs the odds.

• Like 2