Gacha non girl prizes

Taorin

I think most people would agree that the prizes from gacha besides the girls are pretty embarrassing. 9k kobans to win a crappy powerup you could buy for 1.5k? Any spin that doesn't get you a girl is just a disappointment, and once you finally do get the girls you'll probably never play it until they release more. So I am proposing the following changes to make it better when you don't win a girl:

• Remove the following powerups from the drop pool: Mojo Blueprints, Stockings Investments, Premium Service Offer, Special Romantic Date, Flowers, Box of Chocolates
  • The remaining 8 powerups should be a modified version that lasts for 3 days instead of 12 hours.
  • Leave the Mojo-Infused Champagne and Sexy Lingerie as it is
  • Add some unique things you cannot buy from the store. For example a powerup that boosts your max affection for the day by 200, that lasts 3-4 days, or some Contacts you can only get from Gacha.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think I've said it before in another topic on this same subject, but they definitely need to reconsider some things to make that look more enticing.  I mean, the gacha in Hentai Clicker looks terrible in comparison to the pachinko in Hentai Heroes / Harem Heroes... And I'm kind of wary of using it in that game too.

The ideas in the first post here would certainly be a great start.

Something else that might help would be if this game had something equivalent to the gear and/or the consumables from the other game.  Something extra to help populate the draws with.  An inventory to collect and save up consumables for use when we want to use them instead of having them auto-activate as soon as they're purchased from the shop or won in a gacha.  Maybe there could be gifts / accessories that we could collect and then equip to / use on the harem girls and contacts to boost their effect(s) or to temporarily add new bonuses to them.

I think that in particular contacts in the gacha is an idea worth repeating from the first post.  Easy filler prizes right there that give some permanent benefit without being as good as actually winning the grand prize of a new harem girl.  Although they could try to get creative with some of the bonuses on these gacha-exclusive contacts to make them somewhat more distinct compared to regular contacts... Like for example maybe a series of them provide whichever buff they provide (idle / click / rewards / etc.) but scaled with the total number of levels on your charms instead of providing only a specific unchanging value.  Also, ones who have whichever buff (probably specific to certain types) scaled by the total number of levels on harem girls that match their type (charm / know-how / hardcore).

Something that this game's gacha really ought to do is to copy the other game's multi-draw format in the pachinko.  Instead of 1 draw for 9000 having this awful possibility for a trash result that's nowhere remotely near worth that cost, let there be an option between 1 draw for 900 or 10 draws for 9000, with the cheap option being wide open for the more "meh" results and the multi-draw option carrying a guarantee of at least 1 result from a limited set of "top tier" possibilities.

They could also feature different types of gacha draws, just like the different types of pachinko spins.  I'm not sure if they can copy the non-koban one that well... Maybe have it consume the mojo as currency since the scale of that one would be more stable than the cash that's used to level up girls in the office?  And that'd be however many draws with a prize pool that excludes the best prizes and features lower tier possibilities of what it does have compared to equivalent drops in the koban draws.

Edited by MuljoStpho
  • Like 1

Random prizes are simply a pain when they have a premium currency cost.

Every single other adult game I consented to pay a fee for was offering free "low-interest" random draw, and premium currency (here : Kobans) only gave high-interest options (at least a really premium item. Even for the games where it's quite easy to get premium currency for free)

I'll take the example of FapCEO :

I can win hundreds of rubies weekly (by opening free chests and spending few minutes in the weekend tournament) and those rubies let me get easily through the limited time events (usually few days to win new skins and employees) ... Despite that, I found myself sometimes spending few bucks for a pack or rubies or for a limited time pack, because I knew I would be guaranted to get what I expected to get spending those.

Here ... How to say that I'm not guaranted at all to get what I want, and worse : I'm neither guaranted to get anything really valuable (HH offers only one solid option : the x10 epic pachinko that may offer me at least a girl, but at what cost ?

I can't help but advise the kinkoid brainstorming heads to take inspiration from other adults games, at least for things related to paid content.

Edited by Toto3166631
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ThisIsNotMe said:

The reasoning for the name is indeed sound based, but the sound is from the cranking of the handle on a gachapon machine.

kokXSgH.gif

I hope you don't mind too much being teased. It appears you have taken my response very literally. Your reply is indeed educational to those who did not know the origins of that word. It also brings to mind an old discussion with a friend, regarding onomatopoetic nouns... not just the name of a sound (like bang or hiss), but where something that makes the sound likewise gets its name (which in English seems mostly to be the names of birds, like cuckoo or morepork). 

100% agree. The value just isn't there in the cash shop. I'd rather just buy the girls outright for $40 a pop. I know the gacha isn't going to go away, but just knowing that there's a chance that'll I'll spend $100 and not get a girl is enough to keep me away from the shop. If the items weren't mostly useless I may reconsider. That or the prices of buying kobans drop to fair amounts. $100 should be at least 20 rolls. Not 14. Does anyone think we may get a sale around Christmas?

On 11/6/2019 at 11:07 AM, Toto3166631 said:

Random prizes are simply a pain when they have a premium currency cost.

Every single other adult game I consented to pay a fee for was offering free "low-interest" random draw, and premium currency (here : Kobans) only gave high-interest options (at least a really premium item. Even for the games where it's quite easy to get premium currency for free)

I'll take the example of FapCEO :

I can win hundreds of rubies weekly (by opening free chests and spending few minutes in the weekend tournament) and those rubies let me get easily through the limited time events (usually few days to win new skins and employees) ... Despite that, I found myself sometimes spending few bucks for a pack or rubies or for a limited time pack, because I knew I would be guaranted to get what I expected to get spending those.

Here ... How to say that I'm not guaranted at all to get what I want, and worse : I'm neither guaranted to get anything really valuable (HH offers only one solid option : the x10 epic pachinko that may offer me at least a girl, but at what cost ?

I can't help but advise the kinkoid brainstorming heads to take inspiration from other adults games, at least for things related to paid content.

I second this, but don't limit it to taking inspiration form other adult games.  Any halfway decent mobile 'gacha' game they can learn a think or two from.  The sad part is they're trying to do the bare minimum of what's expecting in these types of games.  They have a daily log in bonus so to speak, but only if you are on top of the game and collecting the items, and having to wait, what, 18 hours to collect 500 kobans is really pushing it.  Just saving up, a best case situation  is a pull every 18 days.  Now that wouldn't be terrible, if you were guaranteed a girl, but you're not.

The event they ran that gave kobans is a good idea, that's one thing they absolutely got right.  Giving out kobans and hearts for hitting benchmarks is perfect, don't change that or take it away. (The event in terms of difficulty scaling is another matter but it's already been discussed elsewhere, I"m just saying the prizes were good).  One event a month I think would help offset the drag that is the gacha right now.  Also reduce the wait to pick up kobans a bit if possible. 12 hours maybe?

As for the gacha pull system itself, just like @MuljoStpho said, have multiple gacha systems, like HH has.  A free gacha that will give you a random booster or hearts for the day, resets every 24 hours.  Then there's the koban gacha with two types, 1 spin and 10 spin.  I don't know if there's a need for any other types of gachas.

Also I echo the notion for an inventory system to use boosters when you're ready.

Totally agree with @trunks2585 about the event. The prizes and way they were teired was great. It's important to mention what we think the @KINKOID team is doing right, too, so they can keep it up, imo. Hoping for another event like that soon, and wouldn't even mind if they did monthly events without a girl, just hearts and kobans. If they're not gonna lower the insane cost of a roll then finding creative ways to keep the f2p players satisfied is essential. Heck, even deals like the welcome koban one would get more casuals to spend money. I know it would me. Maybe some holiday deals?

• 1 month later...