Have I reached the end of the line?

EdMuse

At this point, a forge reset comes only at over stage 7200.  I've been waiting over three days since my last reset, even though the game is active whenever possible -- that is to say, not at work, but all night.  At stage 7027, the excitement meter is moving almost imperceptibly.  I have all of the harem girls, all of the contacts, all of the charms.  Sure, I'd like to see the graphics I haven't seen, yet, but it's hard to imagine waiting long enough for that.  Is PTW really the only option, now?

• Sad 1

If it is taking that long to get to the min stage to be able to forge, then it sounds like you were under the effects of the multiplier bug during the event and were going to a much higher stage then you would have been able to reach normal. Now that the event is over and can no longer reach whatever super high level you reached before, you are pretty much going to be stuck until they provide some sort of fix or you get enough perks to be able to reach your reset level. 

• Like 1

Ouch!  I had noticed that I was advancing way too fast during the event.  Now I know why!  Like you said, Chthunga, without that daily 200 affection influx, getting perks is going to take forever!  I can't even upgrade my artifacts without being able to do a forge reset.  I'm pretty much at a standstill.  Hope the devs have it in mind to fix this.

I was somewhere over 9200 before the latest update. Like you, my increases in affection then became almost imperceptible. Fortunately I had skipped a few forge-resets and decided to do it this morning. I'm currently stuck around the 6100 boss, so without a lot of patience and a couple more forge-resets I don't think will be anytime soon back where I was before reset.

Also like you, I have most everything (all the girls and all the charms) so the only motivation to continue is to see more of the art/stories, which has become hardly worth the grind. I will likely soon set this game aside for a few months, or even longer, in the hopes that they add more to it in the coming updates.

5 hours ago, ali-n said:

I will likely soon set this game aside for a few months, or even longer, in the hopes that they add more to it in the coming updates.

My problem is that I can't even get to the next forge reset.  I mentioned that it's been three days since I've been able to get up to the stage necessary for that, and at this rate it's going to be another several days, probably more than a week.  And that will only get me 200 hearts, leaving me for another two weeks or so before my next infusion of 200 hearts and some cash to spend on artifact upgrades.  So for me, we're not talking about waiting for more stuff to be added to the game, as I won't be able to get that stuff.  Given that, unfortunately, if I set the game aside, it will likely be permanently.

I don't know what to think about this, as I'm not even sure how the devs could remedy the situation.  Can anyone point me in the direction of any chatter about it on these forums?

ETA: Found the thread where the bug is being discussed.

Edited by EdMuse

Two days later.  Advanced by 150 stages.  Still haven't reached that reset point, yet, but at least I'm only about 70 stages away from it, now.  Of course, progress gets slower with every stage.  At this point, it's basically a quest to see how long it will take.

2 hours ago, sonny1903 said:

and you will have a lot of mojo to use to boost your girls

Well...not so much....

Affection for boosting girls, and mojo for boosting charms, right?  Since everything was moving so slowly, I ended up with a total of 2.69A1 mojo (including a couple of billion I already had left over).  I play mostly idle, and at this point, that wasn't enough to boost any of my idle or reward charms.  Mojo Amulets, for instance, needs 1.20A3 just to boost it one level, since I've got it at level 537, already.

15 hours ago, EdMuse said:

Well...not so much....

Affection for boosting girls, and mojo for boosting charms, right?  Since everything was moving so slowly, I ended up with a total of 2.69A1 mojo (including a couple of billion I already had left over).  I play mostly idle, and at this point, that wasn't enough to boost any of my idle or reward charms.  Mojo Amulets, for instance, needs 1.20A3 just to boost it one level, since I've got it at level 537, already.

Geez, your mojo amulet is over 530 and you're struggling at level 7000, plus even with all the mojo you get, you can't level up the craft.  They need to fix something in their system.  As another thread mentioned, the real boosts are from the girl's passive perks.

7 hours ago, trunks2585 said:

As another thread mentioned, the real boosts are from the girl's passive perks.

Yeah, that seems to be the case.  And that was probably the thread where it was mentioned that without those daily resets, getting perk rewards on girls will be painfully slow!  I just made it to stage 6370, again, and I'm just inching along.  About 950 stages to go until my next reset.

10 hours ago, Chthugha said:

Meanwhile I am still trying to get to 7000. But I can at least forge everyday 😂

Wow, what's your forge reset stage?  Mine is still 7224, as it has been for the past week.  I live in fear of it going up! 🤣

39 minutes ago, EdMuse said:

Wow, what's your forge reset stage?  Mine is still 7224, as it has been for the past week.  I live in fear of it going up! 🤣

4100 or something. I didn't use the bug. I was aware of it. But I need Felicia for the future, so I need to get to 7k. Currently at 6850.

6 hours ago, Chthugha said:

I didn't use the bug. I was aware of it.

And there it is, right?  I knew something was up, but I didn't know what it was.  I just thought it was the way the event was supposed to work.

6 hours ago, Chthugha said:

But I need Felicia for the future, so I need to get to 7k. Currently at 6850.

Yeah, she's all kinds of useful.  But if your progress is anything like mine, the difference between 6850 and 7000 takes days.  So it's tough to say whether that's worth it or not.

BTW, I currently have 700 stages to go before my next reset.  So I've made 300 progress in about the past eight hours.  Definitely...slowing.....down........tho'.............

In other news, I'm a musician IRL, and Felicia for the Future will definitely be the name of my next band! 🤣

Edited by EdMuse

Welp, another week has gone by, and I'm still looking forward to my next forge reset.  The melancholy start to this thread was three days after my first forge reset after the event.  Looking up-thread, my next one was four days later, so that's a week.  It's been more than a week since then, and I still have 150 stages to go until my next one.  The last time I posted that I was 150 stages away, it took about a day and a half to get there.  Guess something has slowed me down this week, since that will make it something like nine days since my last reset.

It occurs to me that there is one devilishly simple solution to this problem: Since the cause of the problem no longer exists, rather than fixing its effects, just waiting for the people who are experiencing those effects to go away would make the problem go away.

Just make sure you keep spending your hearts as much as possible to boost any of the passive multiplier perks for idle and money rewards, it's about all you can really do right now. It sucks missing out on that extra 200 a day though.  I'd go for angela's rank 9 perk if you don't have it yet, it pays off in the long run

Edited by trunks2585

On 11/21/2019 at 2:42 AM, Chthugha said:

Well, the dilemma is that you unlocked girls you don't deserve yet. Resetting the forge stage should also mean taking away all those girls.

True, true.  That would be unfortunate, though, since not knowing that I shouldn't have them, I've been building on them since I got them, and making regular use of them in gameplay.
BTW, got another forge reset last night.  Took longer than the last one, but I think that's just because I played slightly differently, clicking less and playing idle more.