Event Goals (Half-Baked Suggestion)

MuljoStpho

I'm wondering if there could be a way to set up the goals for event rewards to feel more "fair" to more players instead of having some of us get screwed over by bad luck on which charms we get.

So the idea I've got forming would be to set up some sort of scoring scheme and set up the rewards at certain target scores.

Score would never go down.  The points we gain are the points we gain.  Targets to reach are cumulative across all resets.

One way to obtain points would be based on the number of stages cleared.  There would be some formula for this that places higher value on higher stages (and  lower value on lower stages).

Another way to obtain points could be based on the number of levels gained on the girls.  Maybe some formula applies here as well to put more value in levels gained in higher ranges (and less value in levels gained in lower ranges).

Another way to obtain points could be based on the number of levels gained on the charms (and the number of charms unlocked).  Better points for higher levels of the charms.  (And new charms would be worth a significant amount.)

Another way to obtain points could be based on resets via the amount of event mojo earned.  (Perhaps do log scaling on the total of all earned during the event.  For diminishing returns.)

Offer all of those ways (plus any others that can be squeezed in), and everything we do within the event portion of the game would gradually contribute towards reaching the reward goals.  Faster completion if a player can climb to higher stages, but they'll still be working steadily towards it if they can't manage to reach as high.  (As opposed to the current setup where nothing you've done matters if it's not enough to push all the way up to the next target stage.)

You'd just have to work out the exact scoring scheme and work out what target scores would be reasonable for the rewards with that scoring scheme.

Kind of getting into a different suggestion here (could do this with score-based targets like the above suggestion or with stage-based targets like we currently have) but I was also thinking that perhaps events could have side goals added along the way as we climb towards the goal.  These new targets would earn us "event perk points". Each point could be spent to unlock the use of any perk you want within the event. (Or maybe certain more important ones cost 2 or 3 points?  Gain multiple from each target reached and then we try to pick a strategic use of them.  There wouldn't be enough perk points in an event to have everything unlocked.)  This would be entirely independent of which perks you've unlocked in the main game, so you could activate things for the event that you don't have active yet in the main game.

A couple things about that though...  I'd imagine that for the purpose of the events any harem affection related perks would have to be changed to something else.  And you'd also have to make sure that any mojo boosting perks will boost the event mojo when active for an event.

• 2 weeks later...

On a similar idea with the second half of your suggestion with the even perk points.

Now that we have achievements added into the game, what if events have the same achievements added, this would play really well off your proposed scoring suggestion.  You get the achievements and either get points to add to a total score, OR instead of event achievements awarding kobans or affection points, they award you the special golden mojo used in events, so you can gain mojo must faster than by doing resets over and over again.  This would be very helpful for people debating on if they have time to do a reset for one more good craft or not, and in general I'd make it so you can push the mandatory crafts of idle and rewards up towards the 80s or 90s without much trouble or be able to buy several crafts just from the mojo you get on achievements, plus still have everything you can gain off resets.

Or flat out have achievements award specific crafts, which the harder to reach ones giving the most valued crafts, but still be obtainable without being blocked by not having felicia or needing boosters.

they are working on a story mode at the min which could be used to give special reward items for events but tbh I had no difficulty in last event even though mojo charm did not roll till 6th time I had already achieved 2k by that point though I did have to use 2 koban buffs to speed it up a little but was well within time had like 4 days left

On 1/11/2020 at 6:51 AM, maxafax said:

but tbh I had no difficulty in last event even though mojo charm did not roll till 6th time I had already achieved 2k by that point though I did have to use 2 koban buffs to speed it up a little but was well within time had like 4 days left

If you don't luck out on getting just the right charm eventually though...?

1st and 2nd events went super smoothly for me and I finished them each waaaaay ahead of the cutoff time, just like you mentioned.  (Granted, 1st event had that bug that was super easy to accidentally exploit without realizing it...)

I had no such luck for the 3rd event.  Didn't play it any different than I had played either of the previous events, as far as I'm aware.  But I made extremely slow progress through most of it and never got any really game-changing charms to help out with it.  I barely scraped by with reaching the line for the next-to-last reward within the last day of the event.  There was no chance at all at me reaching the final reward that I'd been checking in on the game multiple times a day every day to get.

Of course, I think it'd be worthwhile to be asking how the experience can be expanded and improved even if I hadn't run into that trouble with the recent event.

Edited by MuljoStpho

On 1/16/2020 at 10:33 AM, MuljoStpho said:

But I made extremely slow progress through most of it and never got any really game-changing charms to help out with it.  I barely scraped by with reaching the line for the next-to-last reward within the last day of the event.  There was no chance at all at me reaching the final reward that I'd been checking in on the game multiple times a day every day to get.

The last event was extremely hard compared with the two previous events.

But anyone was able to complete that event. All you should do is to buy some busters. For me, 3 boosters were more than enough - I got Santa-Claudia two days before the cut-off time. And some cobans to buy these busters I got as a reward for completed levels in that event :)
Maybe this was the intention of the developers - to force the gamers to buy busters by making the event extremely difficult?

On 1/17/2020 at 3:43 PM, CanSee_The_Pain said:

The last event was extremely hard compared with the two previous events.

But anyone was able to complete that event. All you should do is to buy some busters. For me, 3 boosters were more than enough - I got Santa-Claudia two days before the cut-off time. And some cobans to buy these busters I got as a reward for completed levels in that event :)
Maybe this was the intention of the developers - to force the gamers to buy busters by making the event extremely difficult?

But if you make it to stage 800 you get 2k koband which is basically 1x free buff and 500 spare +you get to stage 1600 you get another 4k koband which in total means you can get your 3 buffs for free and have 500 spare + it lasts for 8 days average which is 500 a day that you get anyway on daily reset an additional 4k making it 8k in total so there is no need to purchase anything. Just reset at around your max reachable level and add and increase charms. they are not especially difficult just time consuming

• Like 1

3 hours ago, maxafax said:

they are not especially difficult just time consuming

I agree.
But if you will try to complete the event without using any busters - it will be difficult. Compared to that, I was able to complete the previous event on the first day of the event without any boosters. That's why I said the last event was diffucult.

• Thinking 1

2 minutes ago, CanSee_The_Pain said:

I agree.
But if you will try to complete the event without using any busters - it will be difficult. Compared to that, I was able to complete the previous event on the first day of the event without any boosters. That's why I said the last event was diffucult.

I do not disagree that the events are not very easy, I was commenting on the "force the gamers to buy busters" part of the post. The fact is that the boosters are effectively free as you progress threw the stages, Yes it is true that progression is slower without the boosts but it is not true that you have to have them as you can complete the challenges within plenty of time without them . Yes the Christmas event was harder than the sa-lee event but that was due to a bug that did not disable effects so people where gaining insane values which is why most accounts got reset and unfortunately some people appear to have been banned which I still maintain was dead wrong given that players where unaware of the bug and couldn't really avoid benefiting from it without not playing the game during the even but that's never hear or there

• Like 1