No music

Lumis

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, maxafax said:

Yes I also have this bug in Microsoft Edge. But doesn't bother me as I find the sound just annoying and distracting.

yeah, but when you want to read what the girls do you kinda want the music to be there for atmosphere

• 2 months later...
5 hours ago, Hastur said:

After the maintenance today to "fix" the event bug, music no longer plays... again.  At least not for me, on 2 different browsers (Firefox & Edge), regardless of where the slider is in settings.

Don't use edge for this game, but when your using firefox with the volume slider to the right, does the tab Hentai Clicker is playing in have a speaker the a / line through it? if so clicking on the speaker should enable sound for that tab.

The only other thing I can think of is that their is a problem with the files in your cache.

Click the 3 horizontal lines in top right corner > options > privacy and security

Under cookies and site data select manage data, find www.hentaiclicker.com highlight it, select remove selected, save, and agree to make changes.

reload the game (will take longer than usual)

@SpinelesS Thank you for your tips!

7 hours ago, SpinelesS said:

Don't use edge for this game, but when your using firefox with the volume slider to the right, does the tab Hentai Clicker is playing in have a speaker the a / line through it? if so clicking on the speaker should enable sound for that tab.

I always use Firefox to play, just used Edge to see if there was a difference.  Slider is all the way to the right but there is no speaker icon in this tab anymore.  I can right-click to bring up "mute tab," which then shows the speaker with the line through it, but when I unmute again it disappears.  Before yesterday, there was always a speaker icon for this site.

I'd left the tab muted yesterday but stayed logged in while I was at work.  When I got home, the site forced me to reload.  I had to close the tab (which was probably still muted) to reload all the game files.  I'm thinking there's something messed up between my cache & Firefox & the site settings.  This is how it used to be for me when I first started playing- then one day I magically had sound.

7 hours ago, SpinelesS said:

The only other thing I can think of is that their is a problem with the files in your cache.

Click the 3 horizontal lines in top right corner > options > privacy and security

Under cookies and site data select manage data, find www.hentaiclicker.com highlight it, select remove selected, save, and agree to make changes.

reload the game (will take longer than usual)

Did all this (again, just to make sure)- no difference, still no speaker icon.  Not a huge deal, but I don't like when things magically disappear & I can't get them back to the way they were.

EDIT: Even though I have always had Firefox set to "block autoplay audio," I still had sound here.  I've tried changing this setting, too, to "allow" for all sites but it doesn't seem to make a difference for Hentai Clicker.

Edited by Hastur
additional info

• 4 months later...