Are Champions broken?

Čamuga

Champions seem utterly broken for me. I understand that they're supposed to be difficult, but why does, let's say Alban for this example since he's the one I fought last (and am currently fighting), both have 0 defense, and I have 0 defense. According to positions- it pushes me into getting 2 charm girls (Column and Nose dive are the positions I've only ever gotten on charm girls). But then that means that the first 2 girls that proc Narcissism proc- just do nothing. Cant double the defense if there is no defense! And what's worse, the girl I've got right after 2 Charm girls, is Val Kelina, a Know-How girl. She procs her ability- and I see "Narcissism" pops out. A Know How girl gave me a useless bonus since 0 defense, and she shouldn't even have given that bonus in the first place?
I've stopped skipping Champion fights just so I can see what happens, and I dont know about you but they seem horribly buggy and broken.
Oh and btw- the 0 defense thing- sometimes it happens on higher champions, sometimes it doesn't, I have no idea how or why, so I'm thinking right now that's a bug, especially with girls giving you wrong bonuses... I will try to grab a screenshot and see if this happens again so I can prove it

P.S. I've seen somewhere on the forum that supposedly the damage booster helps with Champions- but I haven't seen it up my damage on any of my girls when fighting a champion, I suppose that was wrong info?

Edit: I've added the screenshot, I think I barely caught it, but you see it there- Val Kelina procced the Narcissism buff... that's useless... So not only charm girls are useless, but some other girls that randomly proc charm bonuses? What the hell?

Bugged as all hell.png

Edited by Čamuga
Added the screenshot

The 0 defence feature is a part of the 5th stage, it occurs on all champions when versing their final stage.

Charm's special ability was changed several weeks ago to last for two turns, that is why it appears again on the 3rd turn whenever you trigger it on the 2nd turn.

Boosters do work when versing the champions, it's just that the increase from cordyceps ect gets factored into your offensive power, so it doesn't look like you dealt extra damage.

1 hour ago, GeorgeMTO said:

The 0 defence feature is a part of the 5th stage, it occurs on all champions when versing their final stage.

Charm's special ability was changed several weeks ago to last for two turns, that is why it appears again on the 3rd turn whenever you trigger it on the 2nd turn.

Boosters do work when versing the champions, it's just that the increase from cordyceps ect gets factored into your offensive power, so it doesn't look like you dealt extra damage.

Oh thanks for the response! So it's not a bug, just a series of really really really stupid decisions. The offensive power is the thing that I was looking, because when I was boosted the power didn't change 🤔
As for the proc change- that just seems to override the proc of a different girl, and still doesn't change the fact that 1/3rd of all girls are literally useless on champions final stage, not to mention with how often they push for charm girl poses (Everyone will know of the pain that the 3rd champion is, with his frequent nose dives). Either way, this is still incredibly dumb. Thanks for the response, at least I can prepare for the fight better now!

Edited by Čamuga

1 hour ago, Čamuga said:

As for the proc change- that just seems to override the proc of a different girl, and still doesn't change the fact that 1/3rd of all girls are literally useless on champions final stage, not to mention with how often they push for charm girl poses (Everyone will know of the pain that the 3rd champion is, with his frequent nose dives).

It's just a revisualization of the proc from the previous turn still being in effect as a reminder. The normal proc can still occur.

Each pose is equally likely as the other, no favouritism towards any class as far as we're aware. You probably just remember the charm ones more because they suck.