Bring Arena Back

shockervern

Please Bring Arena Back . not saying to get rid of seasons you can keep that for the top 100 players to use and have fun with but for the rest of us can we get the arena back it was fun and kept me coming back and was a reward for more active players  it also had a much much much better opponent ranking slotting system the new one is trash and keeps placing people 100's of levels above you to fight . please think about replacing it with something at least for active daily players . I can't be the only one who logs in 20-30 times a day to play arena who is now force to just sit and twiddle his thumbs.  

• Like 13

10 minutes ago, AaronStone205 said:

Yeah, i think the old arena was way better than this one, maybe have both?

Yes Exactly i am 100% fine with them having a pay to win option for high level players but seasons was clearly not meant for new to mid level players . and the arena was the only thing this game had at all to reward active players . over night the game went from something i was on constantly to a 2 times  day log in game . 

• Like 1

I liked the old Arena and was disappointed when it was lobotomized earlier this year. If we take as a given that Seasons is the replacement (evidenced by both the announcement and removal from the pull-down menu), I suggest bringing the arena back as a daily Seasons subset with the players fighting naked (i.e., no equipment, girls, or boosters). The daily reward stages could remain close to the same as the old arena, but the daily prize could be a shard drop, so we are fighting for the girls' affection.

Edited by Pelinor
  • Like 2
  • Thinking 1

Seasons of the Rose is the dumbest watered down version of Tower of Fame. But if you are insistent on having it, then replace the tower of fame and not Arena!

The matching based on mojo instead of level is the idea of a lunatic. Now all my opponents are 80+ levels higher than me and have stats (other than mojo) that are unbeatable by my character.

Bring back Arena! Bring back Arena! Bring back Arena! Bring back Arena! Bring back Arena! Bring back Arena! Bring back Arena! Bring back Arena! Bring back Arena! Bring back Arena! Bring back Arena! Bring back Arena! Bring back Arena! Bring back Arena!Bring back Arena! Bring back Arena!Bring back Arena! Bring back Arena!Bring back Arena! Bring back Arena!Bring back Arena! Bring back Arena!Bring back Arena! Bring back Arena!Bring back Arena! Bring back Arena!Bring back Arena! Bring back Arena!Bring back Arena! Bring back Arena!Bring back Arena! Bring back Arena!Bring back Arena! Bring back Arena!Bring back Arena! Bring back Arena!Bring back Arena! Bring back Arena!Bring back Arena! Bring back Arena!Bring back Arena! Bring back Arena!Bring back Arena! Bring back Arena!Bring back Arena! Bring back Arena!Bring back Arena! Bring back Arena!Bring back Arena! Bring back Arena!Bring back Arena! Bring back Arena!Bring back Arena! Bring back Arena!Bring back Arena! Bring back Arena!Bring back Arena! Bring back Arena!Bring back Arena! Bring back Arena!Bring back Arena! Bring back Arena!Bring back Arena! Bring back Arena!Bring back Arena! Bring back Arena!Bring back Arena! Bring back Arena!Bring back Arena! Bring back Arena!Bring back Arena! Bring back Arena!Bring back Arena! Bring back Arena!Bring back Arena! Bring back Arena!Bring back Arena! Bring back Arena!Bring back Arena! Bring back Arena!Bring back Arena! Bring back Arena!Bring back Arena! Bring back Arena!Bring back Arena! Bring back Arena!Bring back Arena! Bring back Arena!Bring back Arena! Bring back Arena!Bring back Arena! Bring back Arena!Bring back Arena! Bring back Arena!Bring back Arena! Bring back Arena!Bring back Arena! Bring back Arena!Bring back Arena! Bring back Arena!Bring back Arena! Bring back Arena!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I think the idea is that high level players will reach higher Mojo levels and will disappear from the pool of players you encounter on Mojo level 1. It is still messed up, because that way it rewards the players already on top who will easily beat 90% of players, while at the same time also removing one of the few options that low level players have to win contests where the number of PVP engagements were counted. Also when that much XP is given as reward to the top level players, it will only further the distance betwen top and bottom play field, making it impossible for the low level players to ever catch up. Also, this will then be rinse & repeat every month from now on.
I understand that they want to keep the top players engaged, but if the price is punishing the newcomers, that may be counterproductive.

Edited by Achgut
  • Like 5

Most of the users are upset with this change that they have implemented. 
Talk to a couple of club group mates and they might end up leaving the game. What is the point of playing once in a while and losing and by the way you don't win any reward

Actually, if i'm allowed to play Devil's Advocate here, according to the patch notes you should now only get paired with opponents within 40 levels of your own.

Does nothing for the current set of opponents, unfortunately, but i think having the draws reset every 15 minutes like Arena was should improve it greatly. Otherwise, getting a bad draw means eating a few losses or spending kobans, which is... not an ideal set of choices.

2 hours ago, Makinen said:

Actually, if i'm allowed to play Devil's Advocate here, according to the patch notes you should now only get paired with opponents within 40 levels of your own.

Does nothing for the current set of opponents, unfortunately, but i think having the draws reset every 15 minutes like Arena was should improve it greatly. Otherwise, getting a bad draw means eating a few losses or spending kobans, which is... not an ideal set of choices.

Yes, seems our ranting in BUGS found ears. With proper boosters I may now win once per hour thanks to the recent patch.

On 11/2/2020 at 2:45 PM, shockervern said:

Please Bring Arena Back ...

me think this New Arena has now changed for good, I can live with it.

But I'd like to have a few features of the old arena in the new upfront viewable: an available indicator or better count of free chances.

And we all may miss the 30 minutes  set-update, but that seems to be gone.

On 11/5/2020 at 6:17 AM, ID 2958531 said:

Yes, seems our ranting in BUGS found ears. With proper boosters I may now win once per hour thanks to the recent patch.

Yeah, seems that after a single win, all three opponents reset now. Had to take an L, and that cleared out my previous set of opponents, so in a way there's a reset available, with the timer moved to how often you are able to attack.

I can understand how they thought this was an improvement, and now you can hit Seasons without setting an alarm every half an hour or so. The amount of attacks you can make from regen dropped from 6 per hour to 1 per hour though, which is somewhat of a letdown -- will need to see what kind of effect this will have on Legends events.

On 11/5/2020 at 6:32 AM, ID 2958531 said:

me think this New Arena has now changed for good, I can live with it.

But I'd like to have a few features of the old arena in the new upfront viewable: an available indicator or better count of free chances.

And we all may miss the 30 minutes  set-update, but that seems to be gone.

now after some more days of experience with this new gadget I may add:

the front view indicator show up only if the available count reaches 10. THAT'S TOO LATE.

even the designers figured that this challenge is too hard for less than level 400 players and so gave us two times 10/15 kisses.

BUT the last ten kisses  I received were somehow "spicy" because they came with three consecutive sets of unbeatable opponents which made my MOJO go down even I''m boosted.  

• Thinking 1