If you kick a Club member, do you lose their contributions?

Grumolch

I'm sure this has been asked and answered, but I couldn't find it through searching.

As the title states, we have a club member that has contributed quite a bit, but after a month absence (and due to their level raising the Club Champ level), I'm wondering if we can remove the member and not lose the contributions.

Thanks in advance

Members who would contribute to the club are not easy to get. If this member had made significant contribution, you may want to wait a little longer. Sometime life happens, they may have to take a break for awhile. My club has grace period based on how much contribution they had made. Unless your club is very small, a single high level player wouldn't affect the CC level much.

• Like 3

Thanks for the replies. Indeed, this particular member of 'hentai lovers club' has made significant contributions, not only in kobans, but in participation, activity, and communication. We have a Discord server as well, so we've agreed that, should any member be absent for an extended period of time, they understand that we should do what is best for the entire club. In this case, the member is roughly 70 levels higher than the club average, and has been absent for a few weeks. They had also completed the main story quests up to that point, at which time they said they would be taking an indefinite break from the game.

So I agree with Methos. A grace period should be extended, especially to those members who contribute greatly. We still haven't pulled the trigger, and when and if we do, they will still be able to contact us in our private discord and hop back in if they pick up the game again.

Edited by Grumolch
typo
  • Like 2

One thing you should also know (and perhaps take into consideration in this particular case) is that, if you kick someone out of the club, they lose their contributions even you invite them back later on. This happened to us with at least one specific clubmate, who had contributed quite a bit early on in the club development (long before CC points), decided to quit the game and then changed his mind some time later and we gladly welcomed him back. While what he contributed to the club itself never went away, when he came back his contribution total was back to 0.

Having said that, it's just a number. In our friend's case, that doesn't change anything for him or for us. We were just glad to have him back, he was glad to be back, and we didn't forget about his contributions. It sounds like it would probably be similar to you guys here. In any case, with the CC contributions being added to the same total as the koban contributions of back in the day, those numbers don't mean as much today.

• Like 2