Narcissism's effect analyzed in PvP

mcf

So lately i have been wondering what the exact effect of Narcissism is during a battle, be it during champion or seasons/leagues. I delved into leagues and actually managed to analyze this and willl show with some pictures. My theory is that Narcissism is based on your Attack Power (50% of AP) and does not simply double your defense. 

image.thumb.png.9c01fcf7994d1b22ee87064ac339eae1.png

In this picture, i take PescaDo as example. I analyzed his stats during the pre-fight screen as well but sadly forgot to make a picture of that. Regardless, we can see that this person's attack power is 38.2k. His defense as can be seen is 13.4k. My attack power is 33.2k with my alpha girl during round 1. Taking these factors into consideration, we dive into the first round of the battle. 

image.thumb.png.809877f1ef77f59bb7fc29f32f093031.png

As can seen during this moment, this is still the ALPHA vs ALPHA rotation. Both of us have gotten our crit. My Reassurance heals me for 10% of my Ego. His Narcissim cuts down my attack power of 33.2k. If we try to calculate this, we take into account his defense i mentioned earlier as well as my attack power. His defense during the first round to KH is 13.4k. This means that my attacks, during the first round, will deal 33.2-13.4 = 19.8k damage. However,this was cut down to 645! This means his Narcissism cut down around 19.1k of my damage. If we look at my opponents Attack Power, this is 38.2k (as mentioned above). If my theory is correct, this should mean that half of this power should be added ON TOP of his current defense. As we can see during this battle, my damage was cut down by around half of my opponents attack power, which is 19.1k (Could do specific calculations without rounding but thats not necessary to prove this point).

HOWEVER, if as most of us assume, Narcissism DOUBLES your defense then this means: His defense of 13.4k gets doubled -> 26.8k defense. If this was true, then my damage would be cut down to 33.2-26.8 = 6.4k damage. BUT as we can see during this first round by the screenshot, the damage clearly was cut down EVEN MORE to 645. So the assumption that Narcissism boosts your defense by a factor 2 is false. There must have been a patch where this was adjusted, but many (including members in my club) still assume that narcissism's power is based on your defense, NOT your attack power. I just wanted to clear this point up by facts and proof. Conclusion: CH class is stronger than most think!

Edited by mcf
  • Like 3