Tips for winning the contests?

masca10

7 hours ago, BananaJoy said:

why they reduced them at the first place. oh great. wait till lvl 400. so in 3-4 years maybe. dont think i will still playing this anymore. if dev jsut do as they like to the disadvantage to the players. that really sucks.

I think this was intended ever since the rebalance, but just was forgotten in the rush to push the rebalance through.
Obviously it was never the plan to let the reward grow up to level 40 and then nothing for 360 levels.
If you grow the reward in the same way as it did towards level 40, but then up to 400, then it would probably be too many kobans in their eyes.
And I can see that as well, because it would be around 600 kobans. And then it would mean that an active players could get enough kobans for 2 epic pachinko games.

It's just the timing, that make people really upset.

A late reaction, but oh well...

Always plan ahead. You don't know what competitions are going to be next, but you can prepare for 'm. So... You got a new girl and you can't wait to level her up? Well... why not wait one or two days for the next competitions to start? If the condition is "give xp to the girls" then you'll have quite an advantage.

Arena fights are always your friend. So make sure you're prepared. Add only girls to your team who have the best scores in your specialty. Because only that will increase your overall average which is what you need to win. Also: double check your stats from time to time, level up your girls (XP) to increase their stats and never assume that your team is here to stay indefinitely. I'm a shagger and first my team was Bunny, Justine (event girl) and Sheheramazond. Then I got Jeanne, leveled her up and wow... She has guns and knows how to use those :D But then Pelagie showed up, and guess what? She's even more hardcore than Jeanne is. So right now I replaced Jeanne for her, increasing my stats even more. Always keep improvement in mind.

When you enter a new area don't try to "milk" the boss right away of all his stuff (= items + girls). Settle for the items, they're an easy drop, and go easy on the girls. If you want to you're better off focusing your attention on previous areas to get those girls. See.. sometimes you get points for fighting the toughest bosses. The tougher the boss, the more points. So why not make sure that you can combine that contest with your search for more girls? Win-Win.

Plan your adventure and always do your daily missions. A lot, if not most, contests are about "gain xp", and guess what you get when doing your daily missions? A lot of XP. It also helps to plan your adventure a little bit. Just hit a new area? Then you can probably go crazy, but are you entering a sex scene? Then you may want to plan a bit because those also give you XP. Not too much but still enough. So if you know a sex scene is coming up... maybe don't do the adventure just yet, let your energy go up and wait for the next contest. If it is "gain xp" then you got a head start. Of course this tip doesn't apply when you're already in a contest which says "spend energy" :D

With arena fights: do as much as possible. If you hop online and you see "only" 6 battle points then don't think that it won't be worth the effort, because it will. If you can fight then fight. See: if you do the fight now you used up your points, and it can increase again. You're maxing your options. But if you let the counter go back to 20 and let it stay there for a while you're basically wasting that potential. If you have a chance to hop online do so, check if you can fight and fight. As long as the counter hasn't reached 20 then you're fighting in an optimal state: you don't waste your battle points and may just gain the upper hand.

Also, most important: know & respect your limits.

If you're slowly rising in the ranks and you're, say, 4th but still need (I dunno) 15k - 20k points to get to #2 and all in 8 hours or so then don't bother. You won't make it, and you'll only be wasting your options which might become much more useful in the next contest. Be satisfied with your current place, ensure that you don't drop down further but don't overdo it and try to win no matter what.

But don't forget to have some fun!

Sometimes it's not about competitions but about having fun. Finishing the adventure, pushing to get that one girl you really want to have or working hard to earn enough so you can level up your girls. Don't lose focus here, because that's important too! :)

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Chthugha said:

really?

don't come complaining you don't get any boss girls if you follow his advice xD

Well, (s)he said things that I didn't think earlier, hehe. xD

On the other hand, I'm very tired of farming Gruntt. I counted 144 battles, since he dropped Regine, two days ago. 

I don't remember how many times I battled Gruntt until got her, but I'm quite sure that were more than 144 times. xD

My method of play the story is to get all bosses girls w/out using Pachinko. That takes much time. -_-

Then, when I'll got all the girls, I'll use Pachinko. :D

I'll need industrial quantities of patience. xD

Edited by masca10

27 minutes ago, Chthugha said:

really?

don't come complaining you don't get any boss girls if you follow his advice xD

Uh huh. Amazing that my amount still goes up quite steadily then :P

Sure, you need a bit of a balance, but we're talking contests here and not boss girls. You can always go after the boss girls when you're not seriously gunning for a contest. I often use "contest moments" to quickly get a lot of stuff (money, items, mojo and if I win kobans and more money), but I also use plenty of moments in between to focus solely on bosses and not on contests. Bosses only get you money and although thats useful I think its more fun to level up.

1 minute ago, masca10 said:

Well, he said things that I didn't think earlier, hehe. xD

On the other hand, I'm very tired of farming Gruntt. I count 144 battles, since he dropped Regine, two days ago. 

I don't remember how many times I battled Gruntt until got her, but I'm quite sure that were more than 144 times. xD

My method of play the story is to get all bosses girls w/out using Pachinko. That takes much time. -_-

Then, when I'll got all the girls, I'll use Pachinko. :D

I'll need industrial quantities of patience. xD

took me a year to get them all, and my odds were worse than they are now.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ZenMaster said:

Sure, you need a bit of a balance, but we're talking contests here and not boss girls. You can always go after the boss girls when you're not seriously gunning for a contest. I often use "contest moments" to quickly get a lot of stuff (money, items, mojo and if I win kobans and more money), but I also use plenty of moments in between to focus solely on bosses and not on contests. Bosses only get you money and although thats useful I think its more fun to level up.

21 girls is not that much for level 114 ¬¬

10 minutes ago, Chthugha said:

took me a year to get them all, and my odds were worse than they are now.

11 minutes ago, ZenMaster said:

Well, it's a idle-type game. Comes with the territory, I guess. xD

For now, I'm focused in farming Gruntt. B|

7 minutes ago, Chthugha said:

21 girls is not that much for level 114 ¬¬

Which is a good thing. The more girls, the more money the upgrades are going to cost you, etc. I may not have many girls yet, but the ones I got are quite powerful. Apart from a few exceptions they're all level 3 or 5, so brings in quite a bit of money. And that helps me in the longer run when I eventually run into the "insane money requirements" :P

1 minute ago, ZenMaster said:

And that helps me in the longer run when I eventually run into the "insane money requirements" :P

The devs should rethinking the upgrades formula. It's quite senseless, insane, whatever you call it, when you reached certain levels and number of girls. :|

Nothing come to my mind, though. But, I'm sure there are solutions to this. :D