"Veteran player wins"

Habi

i'd really like to have that thing changed in contests when you have the same points. it should be changed to something that values the player's efforts more. like play time or level or tof rank or ego or power or whatever. but the registration date alone is frustrating because there is no way to become more veteran than another player no matter how idle he/she is.

1 hour ago, Habi said:

i'd really like to have that thing changed in contests when you have the same points. it should be changed to something that values the player's efforts more. like play time or level or tof rank or ego or power or whatever. but the registration date alone is frustrating because there is no way to become more veteran than another player no matter how idle he/she is.

how is someone going to rank in the same way as you, even though that person is idle?
the only way that can happen, is when both have 0 points, and in that case you put in no effort as well.
the fact is, that if two players end up at the same place, then both players have put in the same kind of effort.
they decided to reward the loyal veterans for sticking with the game.
now I don't say this is fair... but your suggestions are also unfair.
play time --> just leave the screen open 24/7 (does not require activity).
level --> biased towards players that started earlier and players only doing PvP (unfair against beginners and the players actually trying their hardest to upgrade every girl).
tof rank --> biased towards players that do only PvP (unfair towards the players actually trying their hardest to upgrade every girl).
ego/power --> biased towards players with lucky shop appearances and players with a lot of money.
the only fair thing that I can think off, is if you just let everybody finish on the same rank, and give them the same reward.

29 minutes ago, Chthugha said:

how is someone going to rank in the same way as you, even though that person is idle?
the only way that can happen, is when both have 0 points, and in that case you put in no effort as well.
the fact is, that if two players end up at the same place, then both players have put in the same kind of effort.
they decided to reward the loyal veterans for sticking with the game.
now I don't say this is fair... but your suggestions are also unfair.
play time --> just leave the screen open 24/7 (does not require activity).
level --> biased towards players that started earlier and players only doing PvP (unfair against beginners and the players actually trying their hardest to upgrade every girl).
tof rank --> biased towards players that do only PvP (unfair towards the players actually trying their hardest to upgrade every girl).
ego/power --> biased towards players with lucky shop appearances and players with a lot of money.
the only fair thing that I can think off, is if you just let everybody finish on the same rank, and give them the same reward.

i know my suggestions aren't the ideal solutions but they are at least changeable over a long period of time. e.g. if you can't catch up another player's level than it's totally fine that he is ranked first because he is active too. but i like your idea of letting everyone finish on the same rank. i just don't know if that will ever happen because that could mean lots more of kobans paid out to players if things go well.