Weakening for Seasons?

Telum

On 8/17/2022 at 9:37 AM, DvDivXXX said:

Same here, and thanks to you guys for this as well! The #WeakOnSeasons movement is really catching on, to the point that I almost never take a loss these days even though I'm much higher in Mojo than I was before it started (and I took losses regularly then).

image.png

Sorry for the resurrection, but does anybody care to explain what this #WeakOnSeasons is, please? I searched the forum, but just the two comments in this thread came up.
Thank you!

Edited by Telum

24 minutes ago, Telum said:

Sorry for the resurrection, but does anybody care to explain what this #WeakOnSeasons is, please?

No worries, I've split your post into its own thread in the section where you can ask any questions about the game (please post here directly next time).

The hashtag never caught on, but the idea and practice did. This is very simple: when you're not actively playing your Season fights, make yourself as weak as possible for your opponents. Contrary to Leagues, you have nothing to gain from preventing your opponents to get wins (or even fewer points) when they attack you. And when enough people do it, this makes Season fights much simpler for most people.

Many of us have permanently dedicated a Team slot with our weakest possible team back when the first Seasonal BS event hit us, and it's still a widespread thing to this day (especially at higher ranks), thankfully. This is EXTREMELY beneficial during Seasonal Events like the one that started today, as any defeat costs us points on a reward track that's way too expensive to begin with. But honestly, it's also just a nice habit to get into all year round.

For instance, this is me when I'm not doing my own Season fights (I obviously switch to my current best PvP team when I attack):

image.png

Basically anyone is guaranteed to win against me in Seasons, and that's great. It costs me nothing and in turn many other players return the favor regularly (too many to even count, let alone thank individually, but I appreciate every last one of them for doing this).

Just make sure you don't get your wires crossed and switch to your weak season team in league (happened a few times to most of us early on, before this really fused with our routine moves). Hope you join us! Cheers.

• Like 7

On 6/8/2023 at 3:19 AM, DvDivXXX said:

This is very simple: when you're not actively playing your Season fights, make yourself as weak as possible for your opponents.

Oh, I was wondering how come so many high-level players have so low stats. That's a terrific idea, I will follow suit. Thank you.

• Like 1
  • Hearts 3