Legendary gear/equipment Level stats.

Nimrod

So my question is the following, Why does a legendary item of highier level have less stats than a lower level one? 

I´ve seen this several times now and that´s why I have two lvl163 items, even had a level 80 item with better stats than a lvl150 and it´s a bit disapointting that using kobans to get better gear gives you less stats considering you spend money to get kobans.

My second question is if the level of the equipment play any role just on the level alone?

EMMM.jpg

It's because a while back they nerfed legendary equipment.  All legendary equipment that you acquired BEFORE the nerf has phenomenal stats.  However, all legendary equipment appearing AFTER the nerf is significantly weaker.

Stats scale with level, so they get better stats if the level is higher.  But as stated, the OLD scale used to be different.  If you have 2 legendary items of the same level, but one was acquired pre-nerf, it will have much higher stats than its post-nerf equivalent.

Ok but why not rescale the old items? let´s say that´s the reason I imagine the lvl163 item now is rescaled, right? 

All items with that name and lvl should have the same stats if that´s not the case someone with more time playing the game would have better gear than anyone getting it post nerf with the same lvl. 

11 minutes ago, Nimrod said:

Ok but why not rescale the old items? let´s say that´s the reason I imagine the lvl163 item now is rescaled, right? 

All items with that name and lvl should have the same stats if that´s not the case someone with more time playing the game would have better gear than anyone getting it post nerf with the same lvl. 

Old items bought have been left as is. Everything after that got rebalanced. Dunno why. If they're mono's. They'll good for at least 150 levels untill an epic beat it. But thankfully nobody was near lvl 400 to abuse this feature. The stats will be beaten over time.

The devs have mentioned that there was no way to automate the process to change all legendary item stats from the old system to the new system.
That means they would've had to do it one by one, which would have been a huge task.
So they opted to not do that.