PVP Matches are stupid

Sspeedyy

PVP matches are stupid, you grind for almost 6 hours all day for 30 Mojo until you SUDDENLY lose a match that you have no fricking idea how because every stat you had was way higher than the opponent and you immediatly lose 29 or so Mojo. Like wtf did I do the last 6 hours?  This is just frustrating!

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Thinking 1

I guess I just don't understand Mojo. I keep reading posts just like yours. You seem to be really upset about it. I cannot figure out what Mojo does other than place you in a rank on the Tower of Fame. But even with that, I do not understand what exactly does it quantify?

For me,  the PvP match is all about the rewards. On average I get about 3500cash per win. Sometimes I get a prize instead. I only feel sad when the prize is worth less than the 3500 cash (This is the Common Magazine, Common Book, Common Flowers, and Common Chocolates). Then factor in the 2-3 XP points (~400-600 cash value) and the 2-3 Affection points  (~830 - 1250 Cash value) lets round the value of one battle to ~5000 cash value. A triple win would be valued at 15000 for 30 minutes. I usually get at least 2 wins. 

For me, the matches are not that stupid. I see them as a cash cow.

Although every now and then I get a booster item that I have no idea what to do with.......

• Like 2

Yep, PvP is just an additional income, for everything else it's way to random (including the Mojo-Win-and-Loss-Ratio). I do as many battles as I can (even if the odds are against me) with pretty much the same rate of success as PlusIon. 30K cash per hour equals the amount of cash 7.5 five star bunnies would give me, so it's not to be underestimated. If I go up or down the ladder in ToF ... I don't care. The ToF - especially the Mojo-Ranking - is not important at all. You don't get anything for being top notch and if you think about it, it's not even real PvP. You just fight numbers, not people. And it's not even you who's fighting, it's RNG vs RNG.

Well, this whole accumulation of grammar- and spelling Errors is just to explain why ranked PvP is not important for me on HH, not to complain about the game per se or this particular feature. I'm fine with the money, the XP and the Aff.

I think I've proven to be one of the "I guess I just don't understand Mojo"-guys, so here's a plea to all the ppl who understand Mojo:

"Please explain it to me! Why is it so damn important to be on top of a meaningless list?" 

• Like 3

I got three wins earlier today and nailed the 100 affection item on all three. Yay!

They are bringing in contest like things but for mojo and the other leaderboard stuff. I believe the details will be hashed out but I seem to recall one of the things is 2 week contests with some pretty nifty items cash and kobans as rewards.

As such you might as well fight every fight you can now because 1: Every loss in mojo puts you further down the mojo list and makes it easier to gain mojo when these contests start and 2: More wins mean more stuff as explained above.

Oddly enough my mojo has kept slowly going up after I gave up fighting for mojo and fought everyone regardless of odds, but I do seem to be going down the rankings. For people at my level I still seem to have a very high mojo and that is the way mojo works. I was a bit suprised that my mojo is still a bit higher than it was when I was trying to gain mojo.

Why try to gain mojo? I was was ranked something like 13th nationally which was pretty cool, but the miscalculating on a fight and losing 30 or 31 mojo and getting pissed off made it not worth it. Contest reward would make it worth it again depending on how they work it.

Mojo isn't broken, it isn't stupid, it currently is pointless unless you have a thing for topping out the national or global lists and are near there but it will become more useful if you are in a situation to win contest prizes. If not, still lots of goodies. I love PvP for all the cash and goodies. I got three girls getting affection from it also, nice little bonus.

• Like 1

Okay everyone I agree with you about the rewards and stuff but for us who like the competitive things feels way different when you lose all that mojo in a stupid way. I worked 3 days to get 100 Mojo and hold the first place nationally until i lost 3 games and now I'm down to 3rd place. I hate this, like what;s the point in winning all those fights just to lose it all in one battle, besides WTF do I do with 1 Mojo??? I can't wait 30 min for 1 mojo!! Come on now!

Someone needs to explain how this is working correctly, or I just don't get how it works at all.

5acd2a6e196bb_ScreenShot18-04-10at11_19PM.thumb.PNG.94ee1fbdb64386c6b9dddb1a62ebc3d5.PNG

His stats vs mine:

5acd2b8819c9f_ScreenShot18-04-10at11_23PM.PNG.f16a7e7fd67c284bc2e1ded641d8f408.PNG

Lower level too. The only thing that he has nigher is number of girls (55 vs 40). Does that play any role in these battles?

6 minutes ago, gyroc said:

Someone needs to explain how this is working correctly, or I just don't get how it works at all.

5acd2a6e196bb_ScreenShot18-04-10at11_19PM.thumb.PNG.94ee1fbdb64386c6b9dddb1a62ebc3d5.PNG

His stats vs mine:

5acd2b8819c9f_ScreenShot18-04-10at11_23PM.PNG.f16a7e7fd67c284bc2e1ded641d8f408.PNG

Lower level too. The only thing that he has nigher is number of girls (55 vs 40). Does that play any role in these battles?

TL;DR version: It's completely RNG.

If the enemy decided to have several crits by random, whilst you had none or less. That just means you're unlucky and you lose. And cause unassumingly you're both charm (You cropped it out, so I need to guess by looking at stats/harem) - He critted you more or during an orgasm and kicked ur ass by pure random chance :D 

1st point - I agree with what has been said countless times before, both in this thread and others like it.  Mojo, under the current game design, is meaningless.  Arena fights are not for mojo, they are for small rewards in the form of xp, money, and items.

2nd point - Even if you are super competitive and want to "compete" for top mojo, you must understand that you cannot strategize your way to the top.  It will only frustrate you.  The fights are based tremendously off of RNG.  Moreover, the range of the RNG is amazingly broad with the randomness of crits and the combinations with orgasms.  It is very common to lose to opponents who are significantly weaker than you.  The "win a little, lose a lot" mojo reward system will infuriate you every time you lose.

3rd point - Just beef up your character as best as possible and play.  You try to win every match so you can gain the rewards.  If you get mojo, great!  If you lose mojo, no big deal.  I have never, ever, skipped an arena match.  I see someone who is way stronger than me?  I fight them anyway, and sometimes I get lucky and win.  But usually, I lose.  I win most of my matches because I have good gear and strong girls, but occasionally I'll lose to someone that I shouldn't lose to if I fought him 100 times.  I shrug those losses off.

Final point - If you win a lot you will still climb the ranks because everyone else is losing random encounters to weaker opponents, too.  I don't ever look at the tower of fame, but I took a look at my mojo ranking today, just to see where I was.  I'm 31st globally.  Does that seem high for someone who never screens opponents and loses all the time?  It's probably because everyone loses all the time.  Yes, the system is unfair.  But it's unfair for everyone, so just play and don't worry about it.

20 minutes ago, YoyoHH said:

2nd point - Even if you are super competitive and want to "compete" for top mojo, you must understand that you cannot strategize your way to the top.  It will only frustrate you.  The fights are based tremendously off of RNG.  Moreover, the range of the RNG is amazingly broad with the randomness of crits and the combinations with orgasms.  It is very common to lose to opponents who are significantly weaker than you.  The "win a little, lose a lot" mojo reward system will infuriate you every time you lose.

I think you can get more mojo by not taking matches where you don't have a significant advantage, for example where you can defeat him in X hits but he needs X+1 hits and as you go first, unless the crit gods get angry, you should win. Also taking riskier fights if the potential mojo payout works in your favor.

However there will still be times when you lose and if you are playing mojo strategy most of those losses will be in the 30 to 31 range and the wins rarely above 2 and that can be rage inducing. However your mojo should be higher than if you just take every fight without question.

If you don't play strategically your relative mojo will go down, you will still lose fights where you had a significant advantage but you will also see more fights where you get 5, 10 or even 20 mojo on the table which takes the sting of losing 20 to 30 mojo a hit. Also no sting if you are PvPing for loot instead of honour.

Another advantage of playing for goodies instead of loot other than the blinding viking rage issue is that by not doing any analysis, the 3 fights take much less time to go through. Just click click click.

From someone who has played for mojo honour and now plays for loot.

Case in point:  I just opened the arena and was matched with 3 opponents, all with better stats than me.  One was pretty even with me, one stronger by quite a bit, and one that looked on paper to be unbeatable.  I won all 3 fights and picked up 47 points of mojo.  That's enough to bump me to top 15 globally when the numbers update.  By ignoring mojo and just playing I'm both happy AND successful.  From reading comments from people who crunch numbers and avoid fights, it seems like most of them are neither.  Just play, and don't worry about the numbers or the mojo.  They'll work themselves out.