Rarity Discussions and more.

gyroc

I started playing this game for the story. Then collecting girls drew me more into it, and I spent every day clicking on buttons to make some progress.

But since few patches back, I started noticing something and what that was is that there's no real return for the effort you put in the game. I, like many of you, spent time here, some even real hard-earned money, but in return are faced with "breaks"; like you want to move forward and the more time you spend you want to move more, but the more you do, the more the game just slows you down.

I noticed that the more girls you have, the harder it gets to upgrade them. From what I've read, seems that each girl costs more and more to upgrade. I can't really seem to find logic in that. I would understand if that was the case between two types of girls (legendary vs epic vs ordinary), like if there was a classification where each girl in a certain class would cost the same to upgrade. This, I don't really get.

The money is always the problem. From abhorrent prices of items in the story (80,000+ for box of tissues?), to even more criminal prices of the gift items to boost affection. Right now, I have 50 girls, and when full, I get a bit over 100k from the Harem. I can get additional 430k fighting Bremen (as current top payer at 21.5k/fight), plus whatever daily missions spit out. So, in total, I can get over 1M / in about 20 hours. At the current state, it would take me 3-4 days to meticulously collect every bit of coin and not buy anything to upgrade any girl to the next level, and that's after weeks of buying all affection items she needs to get to the upgrade. Just seems ridiculous.

Drop rates are also crazy. The more you miss, the less chance you get for a drop? I hope I didn't read that right.
I didn't get Levitya on the last try, and won't be getting this android either. I'm also stuck on fighting Silvanus for the last girl which just won't drop after a month fighting him every single day.

Obviously, I'm not an expert and don't know all the mechanics of the game, but I can't help but wonder - is there really a point in collecting girls anymore? Seems there isn't when the mechanics are set against you. It's weird when you ask yourself that question about the game that's all (supposedly) about collecting girls. Perhaps I should just stick to the story and not worry about girls at all. I don't know.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, gyroc said:

I started playing this game for the story. Then collecting girls drew me more into it, and I spent every day clicking on buttons to make some progress.

But since few patches back, I started noticing something and what that was is that there's no real return for the effort you put in the game. I, like many of you, spent time here, some even real hard-earned money, but in return are faced with "breaks"; like you want to move forward and the more time you spend you want to move more, but the more you do, the more the game just slows you down.

I noticed that the more girls you have, the harder it gets to upgrade them. From what I've read, seems that each girl costs more and more to upgrade. I can't really seem to find logic in that. I would understand if that was the case between two types of girls (legendary vs epic vs ordinary), like if there was a classification where each girl in a certain class would cost the same to upgrade. This, I don't really get.

The money is always the problem. From abhorrent prices of items in the story (80,000+ for box of tissues?), to even more criminal prices of the gift items to boost affection. Right now, I have 50 girls, and when full, I get a bit over 100k from the Harem. I can get additional 430k fighting Bremen (as current top payer at 21.5k/fight), plus whatever daily missions spit out. So, in total, I can get over 1M / in about 20 hours. At the current state, it would take me 3-4 days to meticulously collect every bit of coin and not buy anything to upgrade any girl to the next level, and that's after weeks of buying all affection items she needs to get to the upgrade. Just seems ridiculous.

Obviously, I'm not an expert and don't know all the mechanics of the game, but I can't help but wonder - is there really a point in collecting girls anymore? Seems all weird when you ask yourself that question about the game that's all (supposedly) about collecting girls. Perhaps I should just stick to the story and not worry about girls at all. I don't know.

Well, good news then.
The girls will get set prizes per rarity of the girl, and no more increasing prizes.
The costs of items and story items I can live with though.

51 minutes ago, Chthugha said:

Well, good news then.
The girls will get set prizes per rarity of the girl, and no more increasing prizes.
The costs of items and story items I can live with though.

WHAT? You need to explain this further, please. I for one am not thrilled about the whole "Rarity" thing. As far as I am concerned, the girls in epic pachinko are already the rare ones (also as per the Kinkoid list), and I will never get. So I don't even concern myself with them (None of their stats are better then the regular girls anyway).

Do you mean 'prices' or 'prizes'. Makes a lot of difference.

1 minute ago, Dyraven said:

WHAT? You need to explain this further, please. I for one am not thrilled about the whole "Rarity" thing. As far as I am concerned, the girls in epic pachinko are already the rare ones (also as per the Kinkoid list), and I will never get. So I don't even concern myself with them (None of their stats are better then the regular girls anyway).

Do you mean 'prices' or 'prizes'. Makes a lot of difference.

payments is what I meant (never knew there is a difference between the two, so I looked it up xD)
anyway, the rarity of the girl will be the only thing that determines how much money you'll have to throw at the girl in V2, instead of position of acquiring.
so every common girl will have the same costs for upgrading, and the same goes for the other rarities off course.

12 minutes ago, Chthugha said:

payments is what I meant (never knew there is a difference between the two, so I looked it up xD)
anyway, the rarity of the girl will be the only thing that determines how much money you'll have to throw at the girl in V2, instead of position of acquiring.
so every common girl will have the same costs for upgrading, and the same goes for the other rarities off course.

LOL Thanks for clarifying. Although, as a game mechanic, it still doesn't make sense. To get that rare girl, you already had to pay an arm and a leg in kobans to get her! Then you have to pay even more to level her up. OUCH! Just seems more of getting penalized the more you advance. I completely agree with gyrok on his/her original post.

Just for the record; I am an internet game designer myself and building one in html (like Harem/Hentai Heroes is) as opposed to flash. My game, RuneKeepers, will not be on any kind of timers and the sexy 3D girls will be available to all players as will the semi-animated erotica scenes. It's quest based with a good (read logical) story. Kinkoids game mechanics and economy make no sense to me.

Edited by Dyraven
Transparency
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, Chthugha said:

They didn't mention this in the announcement did they.

This changes everything. I've assumed as have other people that the number 1 priority would be to level legendary ASAP and ignore common.

Now it also means we should be leveling the lower level commons like Red Battler, Ankyo and Agete ASAP as their costs could go up.

If there is going to be a change it would be nice to get some warning beforehand so we can act on it. I hope we got another month or so before the changes come into play.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Dyraven said:

LOL Thanks for clarifying. Although, as a game mechanic, it still doesn't make sense. To get that rare girl, you already had to pay an arm and a leg in kobans to get her! Then you have to pay even more to level her up. OUCH! Just seems more of getting penalized the more you advance. I completely agree with gyrok on his/her original post.

Just for the record; I am an internet game designer myself and building one in html (like Harem/Hentai Heroes is) as opposed to flash. My game, RuneKeepers, will not be on any kind of timers and the sexy 3D girls will be available to all players as will the semi-animated erotica scenes. It's quest based with a good (read logical) story. Kinkoids game mechanics and economy make no sense to me.

As  a game developer I sure you have experienced the long hours and hard work needed to come up with a game that people will be interested in.

And if you are skillful enough to develop such a game, at some point you will want to be rewarded for your efforts (most likely financially)

The only way these guys make money is if players buy Kobans so they have set up this game to incentive wise the purchase of such.

When you get into their position I'm sure you will understand9_9 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, casey said:

As  a game developer I sure you have experienced the long hours and hard work needed to come up with a game that people will be interested in.

And if you are skillful enough to develop such a game, at some point you will want to be rewarded for your efforts (most likely financially)

The only way these guys make money is if players buy Kobans so they have set up this game to incentive wise the purchase of such.

When you get into their position I'm sure you will understand9_9 

In many ways you are correct, no eye roll required. But there are other ways to achieve that goal without creating a lot of animosity with the player base. The customers/players are the ones the put dinner on their table . First rule of business is not to piss off your customers.

This is not my first rodeo either. I did a lot of story development for a game called Tynon. Don't know if you've heard of it. I got paid pretty well for the part I contributed to. Although I wasn't part of the game management team, I did however gain some valuable knowledge on how to keep players interested in the game and maintain a balance (and whom in the industry to stay away from).

I am afraid Kinkoid bit off more then they can chew. This game requires way too many hours for image development and unfortunately the story, mechanics and economy balance have suffered greatly. And I am sure they will not get a handle on it anytime in the future. Just their last minute change for the last Legendary event says a lot. Everyone on these boards knew that Charm had the best girls followed by Hardcore and way behind was Know-how. But the devs didn't have a clue until it was pointed out to them in the 'other forum'. Talk about not seeing the forest through the trees.

Having to wait months and months in order for the game story to progress is an absolute shame. Instead of splitting the development time with a priority on the story (which Kinkoid did not write in the first place, it's Japanese), they instead made useless pretties for the player profiles. Now they are wanting to add detailed girls pages, which is interesting but just fluff and adds nothing to the game. Don't even get me started on the PvP and leagues BS! Doomed.

And on top of that, having to play under Nutaku's rules they are pressed hard to incentivize players to fork out money in order to play the game at any kind of ease/ability. A simple but good example is the reduced width of the scroll bar in the Harem screen. Make it annoying to the players to collect from the girls, and they're more likely to use kobans to do an auto-collect. This is only one of many examples used to 'incentivize'. And in order to not have to develop separate games, they keep with what Nutaku wants/demands, and other then the values, they are able to make changes/patches to the game and upload to both servers.

So, yeah. I do know of what I speak. I have learned a lot playing this game since Aug 2017. Even though Hentai is not my cup of tea, the concept is indeed a good one, just poorly managed. My hats off to the code writing team, they have done a magnificent job and should be commended. This is some of the most elegant html code I've seen to date and beats flash games hands down.

9 hours ago, Some other guy said:

They didn't mention this in the announcement did they.

This changes everything. I've assumed as have other people that the number 1 priority would be to level legendary ASAP and ignore common.

Now it also means we should be leveling the lower level commons like Red Battler, Ankyo and Agete ASAP as their costs could go up.

If there is going to be a change it would be nice to get some warning beforehand so we can act on it. I hope we got another month or so before the changes come into play.

nonono, some rarities will be cheaper, and some rarities will be more expensive.
but I cannot go into too much detail, because it's all up for change still.

1 minute ago, Chthugha said:

nonono, some rarities will be cheaper, and some rarities will be more expensive.
but I cannot go into too much detail, because it's all up for change still.

I hope some details come out so we can plan ahead of time and spend our resources wisely.

1 minute ago, Some other guy said:

I hope some details come out so we can plan ahead of time and spend our resources wisely.

It only got just implemented on the test server (dunno if they are still busy with it), but it's save to say that starter/common girls will have a way lower total cost and legendary girls will have an increased total cost. Rare girls will most likely have a lower cost as well, and I think that the epic girls are a slippery slide, which will most likely depend on how many girls you have now.

Hello, everyone.

I am really happy to see the interest in this topic since we are going to make you happy. 

Stay tuned!

Also, a reminder, please when posting a new thread look at your title carefully. When I see titles like ''is there a point'' or ''question'' or ''hello, i don't care about order'' I have to moderate them, sometimes you don't like that, so let's be nice and post more details in our titles.

Thank you,
Jessie Kinkoid

24 minutes ago, Chthugha said:

It only got just implemented on the test server (dunno if they are still busy with it), but it's save to say that starter/common girls will have a way lower total cost and legendary girls will have an increased total cost. Rare girls will most likely have a lower cost as well, and I think that the epic girls are a slippery slide, which will most likely depend on how many girls you have now.

That is what I figured from the announcement. Common/starters cheaper, Rare, less, Epics who knows and legendary = BOHICA

I was just thrown off a bit by getting rid of the cost/girl order correlation and how things would work.

I will relax and let the hooks to the work to quote the Simpsons.

On 5/21/2018 at 12:16 AM, Dyraven said:

In many ways you are correct, no eye roll required. But there are other ways to achieve that goal without creating a lot of animosity with the player base. The customers/players are the ones the put dinner on their table . First rule of business is not to piss off your customers.

This is not my first rodeo either. I did a lot of story development for a game called Tynon. Don't know if you've heard of it. I got paid pretty well for the part I contributed to. Although I wasn't part of the game management team, I did however gain some valuable knowledge on how to keep players interested in the game and maintain a balance (and whom in the industry to stay away from).

I am afraid Kinkoid bit off more then they can chew. This game requires way too many hours for image development and unfortunately the story, mechanics and economy balance have suffered greatly. And I am sure they will not get a handle on it anytime in the future. Just their last minute change for the last Legendary event says a lot. Everyone on these boards knew that Charm had the best girls followed by Hardcore and way behind was Know-how. But the devs didn't have a clue until it was pointed out to them in the 'other forum'. Talk about not seeing the forest through the trees.

Having to wait months and months in order for the game story to progress is an absolute shame. Instead of splitting the development time with a priority on the story (which Kinkoid did not write in the first place, it's Japanese), they instead made useless pretties for the player profiles. Now they are wanting to add detailed girls pages, which is interesting but just fluff and adds nothing to the game. Don't even get me started on the PvP and leagues BS! Doomed.

And on top of that, having to play under Nutaku's rules they are pressed hard to incentivize players to fork out money in order to play the game at any kind of ease/ability. A simple but good example is the reduced width of the scroll bar in the Harem screen. Make it annoying to the players to collect from the girls, and they're more likely to use kobans to do an auto-collect. This is only one of many examples used to 'incentivize'. And in order to not have to develop separate games, they keep with what Nutaku wants/demands, and other then the values, they are able to make changes/patches to the game and upload to both servers.

So, yeah. I do know of what I speak. I have learned a lot playing this game since Aug 2017. Even though Hentai is not my cup of tea, the concept is indeed a good one, just poorly managed. My hats off to the code writing team, they have done a magnificent job and should be commended. This is some of the most elegant html code I've seen to date and beats flash games hands down.

I am a fan of long play / continuous  story development cartoon or hentai sex games (not so much 3d except for Umemaro) and have only found Hentai Heroes to give reasonable

value for money. 

As for the others i have tried they let you progress just far enough into the game story line or situation (sexual) and then become huge money grabs.

If you are aware of other such games that give reasonable value it would be nice if you passed on the infoxD

On 5/21/2018 at 11:38 AM, JessieChan said:

Also, a reminder, please when posting a new thread look at your title carefully. When I see titles like ''is there a point'' or ''question'' or ''hello, i don't care about order'' I have to moderate them, sometimes you don't like that, so let's be nice and post more details in our titles.

It may have not been a clear question, but I was actually wondering if there is a point in collecting girls, and I think I discovered that I really don't care about getting girls anymore. So I'll just focus on the story, because that's what interests me.

And to be nice about it, I do wish everyone here a very lovely day. Cheers!

1 hour ago, gyroc said:

It may have not been a clear question, but I was actually wondering if there is a point in collecting girls, and I think I discovered that I really don't care about getting girls anymore. So I'll just focus on the story, because that's what interests me.

And to be nice about it, I do wish everyone here a very lovely day. Cheers!

The point of collecting girls is to get a bit more story about those girls through the affection scenes :ph34r:

The more I read this post, the sadder I get 4 the creator. As an avid player, and a person who's money is dependent on the customer I have only this to say. "Pull ur head out ya ass, and supply ur customers. Otherwise u have no customers". Ty

• Like 2

I can say for sure that there  are two changes about rarity that I'm all for. There was a Common girl I was looking to 5 star, and before the recent patches that was going to cost me upwards of 19 million. Just did it today for less than 2 million. And, I don't know if this will change, but it seems to me that Common 5 star girls, when fully leveled, have stats comparable to Epic 3 star girls. Which, at the moment, is good because I only have around three Epics.

And just to throw this in there, yet another reason to collect girls: the bigger your harem, the more money it earns (which is important because if you never bother to grow or upgrade it, it earns less money, so things would certainly seem more expensive that way). I admit I do wish drop rates were a bit more... fruitful, I guess. (I don't want to say consistent, because some might say that them being few and far between is consistent)  But in the meantime I keep busy by upgrading girls, and trying to get certain ones to drop. Though I can see why that wouldn't be enough for some people.

On 6/1/2018 at 12:16 PM, Venorik77 said:

If been having trouble collecting girls no matter how much time I spent battling the bosses 

Same. Last events I spent all my energy in getting girls from bosses but I didn't get any. And it's happening all over again.

I don't even close the tab anymore, and I've spent whatever energy on fighting bosses to get girls, but nope.
I really don't see a point of me spending 1 more energy on bosses when I can fight the highest paying one to get money for upgrades. At the low (non-existent?) chance for drop as it is now, It's really not worth the time.

• Like 1