just want to say thank you

AshKetchum

4 hours ago, JessieChan said:

Thank you for your nice words.

Jessie Kinkoid

:x:x:x

Hi Jessie,

While we all appreciate you taking time out of your busy schedule to respond to this extremely important thread, I'd like to note that there are several fairly pending issues that could benefit greatly from the development team's attention.  Just a couple suggestions:

Here are a couple threads regarding the extremely controversial, highly confusing, and almost universally criticized legendary events.  The first thread is patiently waiting for your promised "legendary days FAQ", and the second thread has some excellent suggestions by trunks2585 that we'd love to hear your opinions on.

You also make a big focus on utilizing the forums correctly, placing topics in the right locations, and being respectful of the developers.  Well, here are 3 threads, properly placed in the "questions" or "suggestions" forums, in which questions are laid out very clearly.  Not all threads are about players whining about not having everything handed to us.  Many threads, like these, pose legitimate questions about mechanics and the reasoning behind them.  Players may not always like the answers you give (many will not, the internet is full of anonymous dickheads who just like to bitch), but if you answer questions about how the game is designed and why, then you will at least be keeping your promise about being open, honest, and transparent.  A developer response to threads like these will go a long way towards the players believing you care about our gaming experience.

the "Ideas" thread, created by the devs,  is 12 pages long.  12 pages of ideas from the player base that you requested.  in 12 pages there is exactly one developer post, and that was from July 2017.  Obviously, not all of these ideas are good or viable, but when there is no response of any kind from the development team, it doesn't necessarily encourage the players to continue to post ideas.

Thank you for all your hard work, we love the game (or else we wouldn't be posting here at all), and we appreciate your explanation regarding these issues facing the community.  Many of the sub-forums we have here (Feedback, Questions, Suggestions, Bug Reports) are specifically designed for players to communicate to the developers, but this communication is exclusively one-way.  Is it really so surprising that the forums have turned into a big festival of complaining?  We have questions and concerns, but the only people we have to talk to about them are other players, who have no answers, and who are equally frustrated.  I'm predicting maybe a 50% chance of this thread being locked because I posted off-topic, which would be very unfortunate if it occurs.  Of all the problems regarding this game, lack of developer communication is probably the largest, and we need more feedback and discussion, not less.

Edited by YoyoHH
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hello, 

Thank you for your message @YoyoHH.

Although your message will take a while to be answered, since it gave me a lot of tasks, I want to reassure you that you are going to have a response.
We're not planning or hiding or answering only the people that choose to express positive feedback. 
We've shown that, already.

Thank you,
Jessie Kinkoid

On ‎5‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 10:52 AM, JessieChan said:

Hello, 

Thank you for your message @YoyoHH.

Although your message will take a while to be answered, since it gave me a lot of tasks, I want to reassure you that you are going to have a response.
We're not planning or hiding or answering only the people that choose to express positive feedback. 
We've shown that, already.

Thank you,
Jessie Kinkoid

@JessieChan

You may have seen it posted throughout the forums (I know I have), where people refer to the "empty promises" made by the developers.  This is what they are talking about.  A week ago you posted here, reassuring me that you would give a response.  You could have actually given a response at the time.  Instead you came on to say you would give a response.

It's been a week.  You mentioned it will take a while because of "a lot of tasks" I gave you.  Really I just suggested a number of threads that could really use a developer response.  Reading a few threads and posting a response should not take that long.  You're not hiding anything. If someone posts a question and you're on the forums (you were as of 8 hours ago today) just post an answer.  As of a week later you have responded to none of these threads.  If you had posted nothing here I wouldn't have been surprised.  I didn't expect you to, as you are obviously not very active on the forums and (I hope) doing work much more important than corresponding directly with me.  But when you specifically say you are going to do something, and then don't do it, that's a larger problem.  It's why the community, for the most, part doesn't seem to have any faith in the development team.

The Legendary Days FAQ, by the way, was now promised (by you) 22 days ago, well before the Norou event.  How long could it possibly take to write up an FAQ that will probably have no new information for us, anyway?  I bet I could write the FAQ in about 15 minutes.  What could it possibly contain that has delayed its release by 3 weeks?

23 hours ago, YoyoHH said:

@JessieChan

You may have seen it posted throughout the forums (I know I have), where people refer to the "empty promises" made by the developers.  This is what they are talking about.  A week ago you posted here, reassuring me that you would give a response.  You could have actually given a response at the time.  Instead you came on to say you would give a response.

It's been a week.  You mentioned it will take a while because of "a lot of tasks" I gave you.  Really I just suggested a number of threads that could really use a developer response.  Reading a few threads and posting a response should not take that long.  You're not hiding anything. If someone posts a question and you're on the forums (you were as of 8 hours ago today) just post an answer.  As of a week later you have responded to none of these threads.  If you had posted nothing here I wouldn't have been surprised.  I didn't expect you to, as you are obviously not very active on the forums and (I hope) doing work much more important than corresponding directly with me.  But when you specifically say you are going to do something, and then don't do it, that's a larger problem.  It's why the community, for the most, part doesn't seem to have any faith in the development team.

The Legendary Days FAQ, by the way, was now promised (by you) 22 days ago, well before the Norou event.  How long could it possibly take to write up an FAQ that will probably have no new information for us, anyway?  I bet I could write the FAQ in about 15 minutes.  What could it possibly contain that has delayed its release by 3 weeks?

I appreciate how much more persistent you are about this than I am, and I'm with you on waiting for a response.

But while jessie's response was in this thread, we should probably leave it to fade, and she still has one working day left.  I say if we don't get a post by the end of tomorrow then make a new thread to address the issue.  It'll also get more attention as people probably aren't looking in a thread that's thanking the staff for a post that criticizes them.

• Like 1

On 5/30/2018 at 4:44 PM, YoyoHH said:

Hi Jessie,

While we all appreciate you taking time out of your busy schedule to respond to this extremely important thread, I'd like to note that there are several fairly pending issues that could benefit greatly from the development team's attention.  Just a couple suggestions:

Here are a couple threads regarding the extremely controversial, highly confusing, and almost universally criticized legendary events.  The first thread is patiently waiting for your promised "legendary days FAQ", and the second thread has some excellent suggestions by trunks2585 that we'd love to hear your opinions on.

- We're currently working on an FAQ. It will be posted shortly.

You also make a big focus on utilizing the forums correctly, placing topics in the right locations, and being respectful of the developers.  Well, here are 3 threads, properly placed in the "questions" or "suggestions" forums, in which questions are laid out very clearly.  Not all threads are about players whining about not having everything handed to us.  Many threads, like these, pose legitimate questions about mechanics and the reasoning behind them.  Players may not always like the answers you give (many will not, the internet is full of anonymous dickheads who just like to bitch), but if you answer questions about how the game is designed and why, then you will at least be keeping your promise about being open, honest, and transparent.  A developer response to threads like these will go a long way towards the players believing you care about our gaming experience.

- This thread was closed by @Chthugha . To avoid creating a situation of a mess, we answered the second thread. This doesn't mean that the first one won't be addressed as well.

- This thread was answered.

the "Ideas" thread, created by the devs,  is 12 pages long.  12 pages of ideas from the player base that you requested.  in 12 pages there is exactly one developer post, and that was from July 2017.  Obviously, not all of these ideas are good or viable, but when there is no response of any kind from the development team, it doesn't necessarily encourage the players to continue to post ideas.

Thank you for all your hard work, we love the game (or else we wouldn't be posting here at all), and we appreciate your explanation regarding these issues facing the community.  Many of the sub-forums we have here (Feedback, Questions, Suggestions, Bug Reports) are specifically designed for players to communicate to the developers, but this communication is exclusively one-way.  Is it really so surprising that the forums have turned into a big festival of complaining?  We have questions and concerns, but the only people we have to talk to about them are other players, who have no answers, and who are equally frustrated.  I'm predicting maybe a 50% chance of this thread being locked because I posted off-topic, which would be very unfortunate if it occurs.  Of all the problems regarding this game, lack of developer communication is probably the largest, and we need more feedback and discussion, not less.

- Ideas, was a thread we created because we wanted to see our players ideas on how to improve the game or what features to add. So far, we've been collecting data from there, but you are right the process will be changed. We're going to add more explanations on which ideas we think we can use and which, not. this will be improved with time.

Dear, @YoyoHH

On the Kinkoid side, we need time to schedule everything we want to do. We're not a huge team of hundreds of employs like other game companies. We kindly ask you to respect that and be patient with us, we can take time, but we always answer. The threads you suggested were answered or a personal note was added.
A thread that was supposed to be a nice feedback from a player turned into a big discussion. I can see your frustration, and I want to say to you, that I am here to answer your questions, even if it takes a day, two or more, if it's complicated. I am here to provide support, but also manage a lot.
You are a player, you don't have to care for what I have to do but I think we can both agree, that a better relationship between us could make a lot of difference in this forum. You are acknowledged more here and you are respected.

I hope that we can work together on questions, mysteries, and doubts because the most important thing for a player is to believe in the developers of his favorite game, to know that all the updates and changes are there to only bring better experience, not the opposite. I am the same with all the games I play.

I can propose to you, that we open an official thread on which we can address all the doubts and questions on the way, that you and other players have. This way we can avoid frustration and be more transparent. You will lead it. If you have a better idea, please let me know.
Please, let me know what would be the perfect solution for you.

Thank you,
Jessie Kinkoid

• Guest locked this topic