Event Fatigue

Reptilicus Maximus

I made this point re. the Easter revival, for just the same reason.  I decided to effectively boycott that event because I needed to upgrade my harem.  In my hardcore accounts, especially, I was in trouble at the time and facing losses against Finalmecia when she was levelled up.  As it turned out my decision not to play was sound because I was able to max Fairy's upgrade in both accounts to become competitive.  In other accounts I half-heartedly tried for Rabbi and I was successful twice.  This was almost like a slap in the face to those who tried and tried for both girls without success and I felt a little guilty about that.

However, I agree with others that it is personal choice as to whether to take part or not.  In this event we are up against Gruntt so the penalty in trying for the twins is less, PLUS, you have a chance to get legendary gifts and they seem to drop quite frequently.  I got legendary lingerie twice and necklace once in one other account in one round of 20 plays and this allowed me to get the twins to three stars quite quickly.

With the change to rarity, it is relatively easy to upgrade the starting and common girls so the penalty for playing the events is much less.  Even rare girls are not prohibitive to upgrade now and the cummulative cost applied according to a girl's position in one's harem seems to have been removed (or much reduced).  I was even able to max out Ninja Agate's affection relatively quickly and am now focusing on her XP so I can try her out in my battle team.  I've been noticing a significant improvement to the payout from my harem and this is another plus from being able to upgrade my girls more often.

In short, with the changes I'm less concerned about taking part in the events than I was.  Part of the fun of this game are the hard choices we sometimes have to make.

5 hours ago, Zorba the Geek said:

With the change to rarity, it is relatively easy to upgrade the starting and common girls so the penalty for playing the events is much less.  Even rare girls are not prohibitive to upgrade now and the cummulative cost applied according to a girl's position in one's harem seems to have been removed (or much reduced).  I was even able to max out Ninja Agate's affection relatively quickly and am now focusing on her XP so I can try her out in my battle team.  I've been noticing a significant improvement to the payout from my harem and this is another plus from being able to upgrade my girls more often.

I think this is the single best change they have made in the time I’ve been playing the game. As you mention it was prohibitively expensive to upgrade girls, punishing players for having large harems. With this one change, players now get to see more of the awesome artwork that brought them to, and kept them playing the game. A big thumbs up to the devs for the change.

• Like 2

Okay, so more of my personal experience.

During the Music Girls event, I got the first girl but missed out on Metal Noemy. Also I did some upgrading, so as you might expect, I was broke by the end. Now, unless I'm crazy, I'm almost certain the break between Music Girls and the current Legendary Days was one day exactly. Surely it wasn't more than two.  Which, if accurate, I hope serves as an example of how some people might feel rushed. On the flip side, I managed to get the girls (my first legendary, in fact) early this time, which leaves me time to replenish my funds, so I'm not complaining. This time, anyway. Though I don't expect that money to last long as I upgrade my new girl(s?).

5 hours ago, GarfEild said:

Okay, so more of my personal experience.

During the Music Girls event, I got the first girl but missed out on Metal Noemy. Also I did some upgrading, so as you might expect, I was broke by the end. Now, unless I'm crazy, I'm almost certain the break between Music Girls and the current Legendary Days was one day exactly. Surely it wasn't more than two.  Which, if accurate, I hope serves as an example of how some people might feel rushed. On the flip side, I managed to get the girls (my first legendary, in fact) early this time, which leaves me time to replenish my funds, so I'm not complaining. This time, anyway. Though I don't expect that money to last long as I upgrade my new girl(s?).

I think you will find it a rather daunting task to upgrade the legendary girl(s) to 5 stars xD

I do agree that a little more breathing space would be nice, but I also like events too much, and I'm almost done with revivals I need a girl from.
So easier times are approaching.

None of this applies to my main on Nutaku, because I have all mission and villain event girls there, and I only need to upgrade Fanny & Fiona two more stars >,<

On 28/06/2018 at 10:45 AM, Chthugha said:

I think you will find it a rather daunting task to upgrade the legendary girl(s) to 5 stars xD

I do agree that a little more breathing space would be nice, but I also like events too much, and I'm almost done with revivals I need a girl from.
So easier times are approaching.

None of this applies to my main on Nutaku, because I have all mission and villain event girls there, and I only need to upgrade Fanny & Fiona two more stars >,<

Heck yes!  Horrendous cost to upgrade the 5 star Legendary girls beyond 4 stars (even beyond 3 stars is a push).  But, to me, that is as it should be because they are meant to be very rare and special and it's a privilege to have them in one's harem.  In two of my know-how accounts where I was lucky to get Norou in each, she is sitting on 4 stars in each account, but getting to that final stage will require some very hard choices involving kobans I fear.  Never mind, she is very useful on my teams as she is and has increased my win rate significantly (at least, for now).

This time round I managed to get the twins in my newest, rather pathetic, know-how account and, in this I have both Levitya and the twins (not Norou) so it's deciding what would be the best class to switch to.  My epic girls from Pachinko are mostly charm so this may tip the balance.

I now reluctantly agree re. enjoying trying for girls in the events, even if they are a little too frequent.  This is a change from my stance on the Easter revival.  The thing that tipped me is the change to rarity and the fact that I'm no longer being penalised for acquiring more girls.  I especially enjoyed getting Metal Noemy in all but one of her affection scenes.  When I first saw her I was underwhelmed, but I confess that she grew on me over time and she and her fellow band members are pretty appealing.  I wonder if we'll get to meet the dude in her final affection scene.  I haven't got there yet.

There's also a greater incentive, now, to try Epic Pachinko with the change to rarity.  It paid off a lot for me last round.

Edited by Zorba the Geek
typo

• 4 weeks later...

While I may take issue with how frequent the events are, I will say one thing in this current event's favor.  Namely that it allows you to get new event girls from ANY of the bosses, not just the lower level ones.  It allows you to farm money from the higher level boss you're on AND potentially get new girls at the same time.