Why do you punish loyal players?

MisterCat

Devs,

What's the rational and purpose behind making the drop rate for girls much less once you reach a certain harem size?  As someone that has played a lot over several months I have reached the levels where this kicks in, and I can say from first hand experience, it feels as if we're being punished for being fans of your game.  From the player point of view, it doesn't make any sense.

And if you don't think it has any effect it does.  I've maxed out the level on Bremmen and have been grinding on him for a month, and he has yet to drop even one girl.

Don't take this as an attack or criticism, it's an honest question.

Thanks for the game,

MisterCat

In this case I don't think it's the harem size, but just the fact that the drop rates for the later bosses are ridiculously low. I got Bremen levelled up to his maximal level a while ago, and guess how many girls he's dropped so far? Right, the answer is plain zero. But that's just how the game works. You have to stay patient and try again and again, if needs be even for months, and finally you'll get the girls (hopefully).

By the way, just today for the first time I got a girl to drop from Roko Sensei - when I had him levelled up already to level 221. This game indeed teaches you patience...

Yeah indeed this is just another whinning post about "i didn't get x girl from y boss because the drop rate is low" and the poster blames the non-existent fact that harem size affects the drop rates lol

The harem size DOES NOT affect the drop rates and also all bosses (either be dark lord or finalmecia) have the same drop rate so unless you have solid proof none of the bosses have lower drop rate than the other.

5 minutes ago, Hotless said:

Yeah indeed this is just another whinning post about "i didn't get x girl from y boss because the drop rate is low" and the poster blames the non-existent fact that harem size affects the drop rates lol

The harem size DOES NOT affect the drop rates and also all bosses (either be dark lord or finalmecia) have the same drop rate so unless you have solid proof none of the bosses have lower drop rate than the other.

Well, that second part is not true for regular villain girls.
Dark Lord definitely has a higher drop rate for those than for example Roko Senseï.

It is nearly impossible to state definitively whether or not X affects Y. 

Empirical evidence may be lacking, but reported *Anecdotal* evidence certainly seems to support the idea that the more girls you have affects drop rates. And even if not, if it is simply a case of "higher bosses have lower rates", it is still an issue of the longer you play, so as to get to the higher worlds' bosses, the more skewed the game is against the players.

At any rate, it can barely be argued that new players see girls dropping in much shorter intervals than veteran players experience. So the *feeling* that older players are being negatively impacted is still there regardless of cause.

10 hours ago, Chthugha said:

It has nothing to do with harem size ^_^

Considering permanent bosses' haremettes, I knew this for a fact:

1- The more bosses' haremettes you get from them, the less chance to get the next one.
2- The more you fight a single boss, the more the drop rate increases for that boss. And after you get a girl from the boss, the drop rate resets.

These rules were established months ago, so I don't remember the exact source, but I'm pretty sure that they were ether mentioned by the developers or acknowledged by Jessie chan.

Did the rules change without me taking notice?

And answering to @MisterCat, the devs take months to release a new world, with its respective set of 3 permanent bosses' haremettes, and they don't want you getting all the bosses' girls before they release the next one, they don't want you catching up to the game and quitting because you feel that you don't have anything else to do. At least that's how I rationalize the way the system was established. 

On the pros side, later bosses drop greater quantities of money, that's a win by itself. Besides, even without the bosses' permanent girls dropping, you have the chance of getting 3 new event girls every month, plus 1 epic pachinko girl if you finish the daily activities, plus the legendary days girl, plus the revival events.

I was already playing when we had 3x times the chance to get a permanent boss' girl during events, and it was clear that all players were going to catch up in a few months if things were left like that. But even when they took away the extra drop rate during events, and even when they lower the drop rate the more bosses' girls we have, I still get more girls today than I got then, with the extra kobans that they have been granting and all the extra events' girls.

By the way, I haven't been able to get a single girl from Roko Sensei, even when I already got him at level 279, and I thing Finalmecia dropped her last girl around last year December, so I haven't seen a permanent girl drop for about 6 months. 

Edited by Jack_HH
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jack_HH said:

2- The more you fight a single boss, the more the drop rate increases for that boss.

Jack, question: when you say the above you mean that fighting the boss more times in a row increases the drop rate? Or just fighting the boss many times increases the drop rate?

I'm asking because I normally fight the boss as soon as I have one Combativity, but I've always wondered if I should have waited for the bar to be more "full", if you know what I mean. 

11 minutes ago, Jack_HH said:

Considering permanent bosses' haremettes, I knew this for a fact:

1- The more bosses' haremettes you get from them, the less chance to get the next one.
2- The more you fight a single boss, the more the drop rate increases for that boss. And after you get a girl from the boss, the drop rate resets.

These rules were established months ago, so I don't remember the exact source, but I'm pretty sure that they were ether mentioned by the developers or acknowledged by Jessie chan.

Did the rules change without me taking notice?

And answering to @MisterCat, the devs take months to release a new world, with its respective set of 3 permanent bosses' haremettes, and they don't want you getting all the bosses' girls before they release the next one, they don't want you catching up to the game and quitting because you feel that you don't have anything else to do. At least that's how I rationalize the way the system was established. 

On the pros side, later bosses drop greater quantities of money, that's a win by itself. Besides, even without the bosses' permanent girls dropping, you have the chance of getting 3 new event girls every month, plus 1 epic pachinko girl if you finish the daily activities, plus the legendary days girl, plus the revival events.

I was already playing when we had 3x times the chance to get a permanent boss' girl during events, and it was clear that all players were going to catch up in a few months if things were left like that. But even when they took away the extra drop rate during events, and even when they lower the drop rate the more bosses' girls we have, I still get more girls today than I got then, with the extra kobans that they have been granting and all the extra events' girls.

By the way, I haven't been able to get a single girl from Roko Sensei, even when I already got him at level 279, and I thing Finalmecia dropped her last girl around last year December, so I haven't seen a permanent girl drop for about 6 months. 

Well, nothing changed, but your amount of girls also changes with event girls and permanent pachinko girls.
Those changes do nothing to your chance of getting a regular villain girl.
So to say that more girls = lower drop rate is just simply false.
It's not a one-on-one relation.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, goderos said:

Jack, question: when you say the above you mean that fighting the boss more times in a row increases the drop rate? Or just fighting the boss many times increases the drop rate?

I'm asking because I normally fight the boss as soon as I have one Combativity, but I've always wondered if I should have waited for the bar to be more "full", if you know what I mean. 

It doesn't matter if you fight with a full bar or as soon as you can, you get the same chance to get the girl.

• Like 1