New harem-GUI took to long to load

NotBlueNeon

I have use this new harem-gui for 2 day and i felt annoying that it took more time to load.

In previous version of harem-gui is much faster to load [1 sec] since it don't have much display-content like this new one[2-4 sec[note: i have pretty good internet]

im not really a fan of background color, maybe change other brighter color

Suggestion:

- Make Harem-GUI faster to load

-Change or make background color brighter

-Option to only display girl in your harem

-Make [plus, star, tier] icon faster to load

-Add "Sex-post" name when you hover your mouse on sex-post icon

Edited by NotBlueNeon
  • Like 2

I agree that the load times aren't what they use to be. Having a hide button for the girls info and those that we don't own could possibly fix the issue.

For the color opinion however is personal preference. I prefer it being darker. Pink/Red color they choose isn't the best (IMO), but I find it way better than White.

21 hours ago, Yamamura said:

I agree that the load times aren't what they use to be. Having a hide button for the girls info and those that we don't own could possibly fix the issue.

For the color opinion however is personal preference. I prefer it being darker. Pink/Red color they choose isn't the best (IMO), but I find it way better than White.

It's not just the loading time, the entire game's lagging due to the new harem system.
Keeping the game fast-pace clickable is much more important than whatever theme.

23 minutes ago, Sacchai said:

in my case the game even freezes and reboots after accessing the harem.

This game's indeed become laggy due to the new harem update after patch.
Chthugha's said it's not being slow for him & money collecting's become faster now.
It doesn't matter whether money collecting's faster when the new harem system lags the entire game.
It's still not faster now than prior to this in my honest opinion unnecessary harem update/patch.
They should revert the harem back to what it was, then re-think the pattern/theme, cuz this one clearly ain't working out very well at all.

Sincerely

Edited by Romeo Arturia

On 2018-06-14 at 2:51 PM, NotBlueNeon said:

I have use this new harem-gui for 2 day and i felt annoying that it took more time to load.

In previous version of harem-gui is much faster to load [1 sec] since it don't have much display-content like this new one[2-4 sec[note: i have pretty good internet]

im not really a fan of background color, maybe change other brighter color

Suggestion:

- Make Harem-GUI faster to load

-Change or make background color brighter

-Option to only display girl in your harem

-Change [plus, star, tier] icon to be more modern

-Add "Sex-post" name when you hover your mouse on sex-post icon

I believe I got the idea as to why the new harem lags so bad.
It's most likely the damned scroll bar taking so long to finish loading.
Not sure of how much of an impact that got on the rest of the game but it sure is lagging bad.
They should've tested the game performance before officially patching the new harem update.

Cheers

• 4 weeks later...

The new harem system is definitely slower loading.

A quick inspection of the source code shows their Javascript loading all of the girls from the server.
This is a problem that should actually be quite easy to solve.

Each girl is an object with multiple keys. The last key always being '"own":true' or '"own":false'.

Instead of running the query to load all by default and then use AJAX for filtering in/out, the query should be set to only return objects with keys == '"own":true'.
Then, AJAX can be used to rerun the query to change the girls that are visible. People are much more understanding of a small load time if they asked the server for something specific.

This would alleviate much of the bloated load times people are experiencing since the patch.

I can just suggest to use CSS sprites at least for all UI icons (that will reduce all image requests 40-50+(on main page) to one request) and for each affection version for each girl in harem create sprite pairs of thumbnail and her large image (that will reduce image requests count by 2)

Or if you don`t want to use CSS sprites you can look to any other JS library which provide similar functionality

In general, this will reduce CPU utilization on client and server side, reduce requests count to server.

Also you can minify your js, html, css files this will reduce traffic between client and server

Edited by 8=====>