Should I use my saved kobans at the anniversary?

Jack_HH

I have red a lot of comments about "saving kobans for the anniversary", and I really don't understand the appeal. I was already around for the past anniversary event, and in my opinion, saving kobans for a specific event with girls that you might find specially appealing is the better choice. Am I missing something?

PROS:

1- All of the past event girls are going to be there.

2- It is the best opportunity to get a legendary girl at the pachinko. Since 1 out of 3 event pachinko girls are legendaries, adding all the event pachinko girls at the pachinko roster greatly increases the odds to get one.

CONS:

1- You could get a legendary with a different specialty. As expensive to upgrade as a legendary from your specialty, but you can't use them on your team.

2- You can get a boss event girl at the pachinko that you could have gotten later, for free, at a revival.

3- You could get an event pachinko girl that you might not like (there is going to be a second Gork there), from an event that you might have decided to skip.

4- The chances to get a specific girl that you might specially like, are decreased significantly, considering the huge pachinko roster.

5- It's more convenient to get a permanent pachinko girl that you don't specially like, than getting an event pachinko girl that you don't specially like. Getting a regular pachinko girl at least removes one from the permanent roster, which increases the chance to get an event girl from an event that you might be targeting.

Am I missing something? Or what is what makes the anniversary so appealing?

Edited by Jack_HH
  • Like 1

Well, the anniversary event is going to be different this time around...

But that's all we know for now.
Maybe only event girls will be available, maybe some are available through other means than pachinko.
Having a koban stash cannot hurt if you don't particularly like the current event girls.

There will *always* be circumstances where you can get girls you *don't want*.

Rarer is the opportunity to get girls *you've missed*. Might you strike out? Sure. But IRL never taking advantage of opportunities, like asking a girl out, means you don't get things you *maybe could*.

If you want the legendary from epic pachinko from this event you might have a better chance of getting her now because the anniversary event last year had every event girl in there and i don't think that they will be putting epic pachinko legendary harem members on the villians/bosses.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jack_HH said:

PROS:

1- All of the past event girls are going to be there.

2- It is the best opportunity to get a legendary girl at the pachinko. Since 1 out of 3 event pachinko girls are legendaries, adding all the event pachinko girls at the pachinko roster greatly increases the odds to get one.

Am I missing something?

add 3 here:

better odds to get any event girl over a permanent one.

con #2 is the only one i do care about. but it's just 3 of them left (2 til anniv if edwarda is gracious) and i'll take the risk.

but as long as we don't know the exact mode this time this is all pure speculation. due to the sheer amount of overall girls it is fair to assume not all girls are put into the slot machine. it might overload. xD

Edited by Habi

Saving them for the next legendary 5 star HC event. I'd hate not to have a second one for my Beta slot [Oh no, Beta] because I spent a pantload of points on the event.

Legendary event girls have 5 stars, are of a known class and generally cost less [not always] than Panchiko girls. For me the path is clear. Your mileage may vary.

• Like 1

As I said earlier, it's unknown what they plan to do for anniversary.
There might be girls on villains, we don't know, because they haven't spilled the beans yet.

It might also be good to say the event lasts for 5 days: start: july 25th 5:00 am Paris local time to july 30th 5:00 am Paris local time.
Just to prevent confusion from what fap.titans.gra said.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Chthugha said:

It might also be good to say the event lasts for 5 days: start: july 25th 5:00 am Paris local time to july 30th 5:00 am Paris local time.

RESET.

Each game-day in the Haremverse advances at Reset.

Forget the "5:00 am Paris local time". It is colorful yet confusing errata. Like the color of a car; nice, but ultimately neither adds nor takes away from the vehicle's *functionality*. These things start and end with Reset, whatever time that is for each player. And each player *should* know what time Reset happens for them.

10 minutes ago, Masters said:

RESET.

Forget the "5:00 am Paris local time". It is colorful yet confusing errata. Like the color of a car; nice, but ultimately neither adds nor takes away from the vehicle's *functionality*. These things start and end with Reset, whatever time that is for each player. And each player *should* know what time Reset happens for them.

I think its more confusing using the word RESET than the exact time with the time zone, mostly for the new players and/or people where the RESET is too early in the morning

29 minutes ago, Masters said:

RESET.

Only confusing for people who do not know how to google, or who refuse to understand it just to make a scene like you've been doing in that other thread.
It's an EXACT time and date. July 25th reset would be MORE confusing, because for some people the reset on the 25th of july is not that reset, but the reset on the next day.

I suggest you make a separate thread about the calendar and how to improve it so that it is unambiguous in your eyes instead of making an unnecessary scene about it everywhere you can.
For someone who thinks it's sooo important to change it, you've done very little to actually contribute constructively on the matter.

• Thanks 1

It all depends on what goals you set for yourself in this game. You have goals, right? Then just do things to further those goals. If you don't have goals, it doesn't matter anyway. There are many ways to play this game. I'll have to figure out a new goal for myself, since I've reached my last goal yesterday (getting all troll girls). Maybe I'll try raising my stats.

Personally, I don't think it makes sense to waste Kobans on Pachinko when there's a chance to get a girl you could have gotten at some other point in time without Pachinko.

• Like 1

On ‎7‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 12:25 PM, Masters said:

There will *always* be circumstances where you can get girls you *don't want*.

Rarer is the opportunity to get girls *you've missed*. Might you strike out? Sure. But IRL never taking advantage of opportunities, like asking a girl out, means you don't get things you *maybe could*.

That's true, but waiting for specific revival events decreases the chances to get girls you don't want and increases the chances to get the ones that might interest you the most. And you're still getting a girl that you might have missed.

On ‎7‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 2:51 PM, Habi said:

add 3 here:

better odds to get any event girl over a permanent one.

I actually prefer the average permanent pachinko girl versus the average event pachinko girl. With the exception of Sporty Noemy and Ninja Agate, all permanents are original characters, while a lot of the event pachinko girls are adventure or boss girls with different clothes.

… which is, granted, a personal preference. Some players might prefer already known characters with different clothes over unknown ones. 

7 hours ago, Sinner said:

It all depends on what goals you set for yourself in this game. You have goals, right? Then just do things to further those goals. If you don't have goals, it doesn't matter anyway. There are many ways to play this game.

I think you're right on point.

My main goal is to have the most girls I can, so taking the risk of getting a girl at pachinko that I could get any other way (which sadly, already happened once) is also a no no for me.

My second priority is getting the girls that catch my attention. They are usually grouped on specific events, so to me, it makes more sense to target those specific events.

But I really wanted to read the opinion of the people excited for the anniversary, since I have red a lot of suggestions prompting people to "wait for the anniversary", while spending kobans at the anniversary doesn't make sense to me. 

Edited by Jack_HH
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Jack_HH said:

I actually prefer the average permanent pachinko girl versus the average event pachinko girl. With the exception of Sporty Noemy and Ninja Agate, all permanents are original characters, while a lot of the event pachinko girls are adventure or boss girls with different clothes.

… which is, granted, a personal preference. Some players might prefer already known characters with different clothes over unknown ones. 

My main goal is to have the most girls I can, so taking the risk of getting a girl at pachinko that I could get any other way (which sadly, already happened once) is also a no no for me.

that is a valid point indeed but seeing your first priority is the same as mine i would always prefer better odds for (time) limited girls. maybe for you the offset between those 2 priorities is a smaller one so you tend to go for perm pachinkos? on my end the offset between the first and other priorities is really huge, going for (time) limited girls first is my only valid strategy.

Edited by Habi

By the time it anniversary I only have 10k Koban saved for free. Hopefully that is enough to get all Troll/Villain girls. Epic Pachinko is still a long way to go at this rate.

I'm a min-max players, there isn't any girls that I really want (nor can I afford). Hell, I still have girls image blocked enable due that laggy patch v2.0 (they fixed the lag though).

Maybe once they finally allow you to choose the Girls picture in Battle then I can be more caring in my choices. There isn't really a point in using Koban at the moment. From the list I have there is about 40 girls to in Pachinko.

Who knows, come anniversary I may need to burn all the Koban. Currently spending a little Koban on this event so I can try to get some Legendary Gifts too.

Edited by hahero

4 hours ago, Habi said:

that is a valid point indeed but seeing your first priority is the same as mine i would always prefer better odds for (time) limited girls. maybe for you the offset between those 2 priorities is a smaller one so you tend to go for perm pachinkos? on my end the offset between the first and other priorities is really huge, going for (time) limited girls first is my only valid strategy.

I go for perm pachinkos because my two priorities don't contradict each other. Considering that I only hit the pachinkos when I have already gotten all the permanent boss girls and boss event girls, the only two outcomes are ether getting an event pachinko girl (what would fulfill my second objective) or a permanent pachinko girl, girls that I couldn't get by any other means, and an addition to my growing harem, my main objective.

The only two instances in which the strategy of getting all the event girls before the permanent ones would make sense to me to fulfill the objective of getting the biggest harem posible would be:

1- If past event girls didn't come back. That doesn't seem to be the case, since Kinkoid tend to give priority to new players and new players have made clear that they want the opportunity to get all past girls.

2- If permanent pachinko girls stopped being added. That would mean that I would get to a point when I would have all permanents and my only chance to get new pachinko girls for my growing harem would be at events. But considering that I have 11 (not counting Ankyo, she can hardly be considered a pachinko girl), and 17 more to go. Even if Kinkoid didn't release any new permanents for the whole next year, I still wouldn't be able to get all of them by the end of said year, even when I target specific events and I'm not precisely trying to get them. 

I'm guessing that you have more permanents than I have, so your scenario could be different than mine.