Other 'Gatcha" games you play.

trunks2585

Doesn't have to strictly be Gatcha but browser games, anything that has to do with lootboxes or premium currency.  Anyways this thread is for comparing how other games do it and how it compares to HH.  I'll get the ball rolling with all the ones I can remember playing.

I'll let this go after I at least defend myself in backing up which games I have played since you said no one ever does.

Fire Emblem Heroes: I played it when it was brand new, dropped it after a few months because it was so new and didn't have enough content to keep me going and I don't care for how it's gatcha system is set up.  You go into a summoning screen of sorts and are set up to do 5 pulls at a time for best value, but every character has a 'color' that they are, and those colors are determined a head of time.  So if I wanted a green unit, I have to spend enough for one pull, and if non of those color outlines are green, I have to cancel summoning anymore units, to in and try again and hope for a better summon set up.  In it's defense though it does use a rising percentage chance for every pull that doesn't pull a 5 star unit.  I can't say how it's changed in the past year.

Puzzle and Dragons: I had to try what's considered by many to be the 'grandaddy' of gacha games.  I only stopped because I had to get a new phone and never reinstalled it.  I had stopped right as I was getting mid to late game and learning about what teams I really need.  It's very fair on paying out it's premium currancy, giving you payouts twice on the main missions, on the 'special missions' and frequently doing events that are easy free premium currancy.  In this game you usually save for 'gala' events, usually held every few months where rates for god/goddess type characters are super boosted, and I did get a good share of them.

Kindom Hearts Union Cross:  This one has changed a lot over the past year, going from daily log ins, story missions every 5 missions, and special events on being the main way to earn their currency, to now they have daily missions and weekly party missions.  They also do a twitter event every month where if you guess their trivia question right, every player that participated or not gets another 200 currency.  It's honestly so generous I don't feel like I have to log in every day.  I'm also not caught up on the story because of all the other games I'm playing, so there's still content for me to explore and a few medal deals I'm waiting to pop up.  And that's another thing, wait long enough, and they will do guaranteed pull in x tries deal for their big game changes medals.

Valkerie Crusade:  This one I'd say is close to being on par with HH in terms of Preimium Payout.  They  offer only 100 sometimes 300 of their currency a week, plus rewards from doing whatever event they have going on.  However, they also had out a lot of draw tickets.  Many of their special pulls come with 3 free pulls, and twice so far I have gotten the big gacha prize off those tickets.  Aside from that they also use scaling chances to get the girl you are after, usually a 2 percent boost for every chance, however the cost to pull after the tickets are gone is very steep, so great increasing rate, but also expensive as hell and hard to save up for.  They do bring back the girls for repeat chances or drop them into their perminate LR chance that never expires and runs on the same 2 percent boost, and can only be pulled from with rare LR tickets.  It's the second game I've lost interest in fast, but they do so many events and handouts that I keep playing.  I'm also just starting to get versitle teams that make me want to try for the top prizes in the events, many of which are good girls that will keep a player on top and hope the whole thing snowballs.  Farming the resorces for leveling up though drags the game down more than the gatcha system does.

Granblue Fantasy:  Can't talk gatcha without mentioning this one.  Started only a month ago, and right now we get 13 days of free 10 pulls, and the featured prizes are summer bikini/swiming trunks versions of the characters.  I've gotten at least 5 of them so far.  We also get 200 crystals for free alongside this, and from what I've read these bonus days are pretty common.  They also do draw tickets along with their premium currency, but the cost to save up for a garenteed character is steep.  It's easy to pull characters, harder to get the one you want. And 300 pulls total is required to get the one you want for sure.  It's another case of taking months of saving up, but is about par for the course in any gatcha.  However it's not just the gatcha and generiousness that keeps me playing.  Every event they do is rich in writing.  It's not just a 'here's a bunch of missions, kill the enemy"  There's many missions that don't have any fighting and it's seeing how the characters started the event, what lead them there, discovering the plot and what's got to be done before the fighting even begins, and even after that, once the ball is rolling, not every part has a fight.  It's clear the writers care a lot about their story and put thought into every event they do.  Even every character you recrute has a 'fate episode' to explain why they joined the MC's crew as well as crystals for watching that.

Pokemon Go:  I technically count this as the whole point is collecting them.  Honestly there's not really a needed preimium currancy system for this.  And the game is largely dead.  They took too long to put in legendaries and while the idea of having to move around in real life to hunt them down was fun, they didn't do enough to support the game and keep it thriving.  Still at it's peak the game didn't have a real need to put money into it.  You could get everything you needed from pokestops and honestly it deepened on how active you were in real life with the game, the money largely would be to substitute doing the leg work.

Those are the major ones from me.  There's also crush crush i play (non nutaku version i play on steam) They give you a weekly event, right now bikinis for each girl to collect and those stamps are completed instantly as well as usually a daily diamond you collect after an hour. And a few idle games that have daily log in bonuses but idle games and their premium really just works on speeding stuff up, which already have a free prestege system, so I"m not looking at them too heavily unless you all have some examples.

So that's it from me, feel free to rattle off your own examples that do the gatcha system, and if they are good or bad, what you like or don't like about them.  I've had my eye on montowers 1 and 2 for the main girl but never picked it up because it didn't look like there'd be much story content.

As much as I like this topic and wish to add my input. I do have to say this could be a way of promoting games, on Hentai Heros Forums, to play another games. Not saying that playing other games is a bad thing, just specifically naming off the games is bad for their business in one way, or another.

Not trying to pick a fight, I'm just giving my two cents on what others may see this as, myself included.

13 hours ago, Yamamura said:

As much as I like this topic and wish to add my input. I do have to say this could be a way of promoting games, on Hentai Heros Forums, to play another games. Not saying that playing other games is a bad thing, just specifically naming off the games is bad for their business in one way, or another.

Not trying to pick a fight, I'm just giving my two cents on what others may see this as, myself included.

I like this topic. And I believe that the games mentioned by Trunks doesn't offer direct competition with Hentai Heroes. I mean, HH is the only one with adult content, which, I believe, is the reason why the majority of people come here.

• Like 1