Market Bug - Back With a Vengeance

pizzaguy

I’m sorry to report this but the market bug is back again. It went away during the event but returned immediately after I received my event reward (Santa Claudia). The behavior in Safari iOS is the same as before — the market crashes completely immediately or within a few seconds after tapping on the Books or Gifts sections.

I’m using Safari in private mode on the latest iOS. 

The problem now affects Aloha, too, though in a different way. In Aloha I can open the Books and Gifts sections. However when I tap on the scroll arrows to find another girl the screen goes blank for several seconds and then returns to the opening point of the market (equipment). It seems the difference between the two apps is their response to the error. Safari crashes the entire session and Aloha reloads the page.

At this moment I have no workaround — my haremettes are going to get tired of giving me money if I don’t spend any of it on them. 😉

Pizzaguy — “You don’t need money to tip well”

Edited by pizzaguy
Typo

Updates

1. The same Safari browser, when used in normal mode (not private) acts like the Aloha browser. Instead of crashing the session the Market page keeps reloading and “repeated errors” messages display. 

2. On an old, painfully slow iPad, there were no errors (other than being slow).

For me the problem went away again at the start of the Space event. It did not return at the end of the event like I expected and not with the start of this current Legendary event. However, it returned at the beginning of day two.  

Where I live each game day starts at 10 pm. When the problem starts it is always right after the beginning of the new game day. So, whatever was loaded for Dec 20 at 10 pm Central Standard Time (U.S) carries the bug. This time the game crashes as soon as I go to the Books and Gifts sections of the market, and immediately, with no delay. 

This is on my iPhone 8 with iOS 12.1 (private mode). I’ll try it in normal mode and also on my iPad…

Got some more details here:

• In normal mode on my iPhone 8 it crashes the market but not the whole game, instead taking m back to town. (Safari browser)

• On my iPad it works fine in Safari.

• This should help — the phone has iOS 12.1.1 and the iPad has iOS 12.1.0.

On 12/21/2018 at 7:12 AM, pizzaguy said:

Got some more details here:

• In normal mode on my iPhone 8 it crashes the market but not the whole game, instead taking m back to town. (Safari browser)

• On my iPad it works fine in Safari.

• This should help — the phone has iOS 12.1.1 and the iPad has iOS 12.1.0.

This seems to have gone away for a few days after the Christmas Revival started but now it’s back.

iOS 12.1.2, same thing on Safari, Chrome and Firefox. Works on Opera Mini, albeit slowly.

Edited by Esthree
Pedantry

Yeah  - it was good for the last week but it returned with the Jan 1 update.

Thanks for looking for not this one. It seems like a tough one. I’ll try it n my iPad in the morning — I didn’t let it update the iOS, in case the problem returned. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Yes, it’s still happening — off and on. It depends on what version of some setting or package that they load. It definitely changes only only when a new ‘day’ begins. Here, it’s at 10 p.m.

it never works during the new events at the start of the month. It almost always works during repeat events. It worked the first day or two of the current Legendary event but the update from a day or two ago broke it again. 

It is very disappointing because it really takes a lot of enjoyment out of the game. It has been _months_ since this one started and no fix.