The Devs Did It Again (A Small Rant on the Event)

TheBootyWarrior

First: I WAS able to unlock Sa-Lee. The mojo ring was a big help and all that stuff, but I'll save the details.

It does seem like again, it was EXTREMELY difficult to get to level 2000 without any of the extra girls unlocked. I'm up to Clara myself, but that's it. I'm still of the belief that every person who didn't grind a TON, or have Gacha girls or maybe Abrael from last event, would be able to unlock Sa-Lee.

It didn't seem nearly as bad as last time around, but my standard for unlocking event items in any game or whatever the case may be is this: If the average person jumps on the game an hour a day while the event is running, they should generally be able to get the event unlock. No one should have had to spend $100 on randomized Gacha rolls or have spent their entire life dicking around on a game in order to do so.

But that's what the devs seem to require of people, and I think that's messed up if I'm being completely honest. I'm not saying it should be given away and be obtainable within an hour. But there's no reason for a person to have to sit in front of their computer screen 16 hours a day for a week to be able to get an event item of any kind. I have similar complaints about Hentai Heroes as well, but that's besides the point.

• Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, GeorgeMTO said:

It sounds like you aren't the player Kinkoid is aiming their games at. That sounds like a you problem.

I'm sure their business model involves a small number of people in the entire player base that are absolute cash cows for their games, correct? Whereas the average player may spend a few bucks here and there, and many just won't. But overall their numbers will be good because a few will spend hundreds. Something along those lines.

That being said, is it fair to say "fuck everyone else"? I'd argue something like GTA Online is the same way, but it's still fun and the average player can still get all the cool stuff they want, it's just more of a grind (from what I remember, not sure about in the last couple years). But Kinkoid games seem way too skewed towards whales, rather than making the experience fun for a wider range of people while still appealing to the whales.

Not sure how it's a "me" problem with that kind of business model. "You shouldn't expect to enjoy a free to play game, despite it only being geared towards whales"? No, there needs to be a balance, and I don't think either game has that balance.

4 minutes ago, TheBootyWarrior said:

I'm sure their business model involves a small number of people in the entire player base that are absolute cash cows for their games, correct? Whereas the average player may spend a few bucks here and there, and many just won't. But overall their numbers will be good because a few will spend hundreds. Something along those lines.

That being said, is it fair to say "fuck everyone else"? I'd argue something like GTA Online is the same way, but it's still fun and the average player can still get all the cool stuff they want, it's just more of a grind (from what I remember, not sure about in the last couple years). But Kinkoid games seem way too skewed towards whales, rather than making the experience fun for a wider range of people while still appealing to the whales.

Not sure how it's a "me" problem with that kind of business model. "You shouldn't expect to enjoy a free to play game, despite it only being geared towards whales"? No, there needs to be a balance, and I don't think either game has that balance.

No the problem is your expectation of time. I only buy the monthly card, I manage to get everything in HH because I play it often enough. I have spent no money on Clicker, managed to get the girl easily because I played enough hours (okay I also happened to have gotten Abrael due to the bug in the last event, but would've been able to do it without her too). Kinkoid design games to take a reasonable amount of time to get content, or you can speed it up with money. Your idea of only an hour a day doesn't match with Kinkoid's target for how much gameplay should be done to get the big reward.

That's why I say it's not aimed at you. They want people who are committing more time than that per day. Or your wallet. Either is fine.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, GeorgeMTO said:

No the problem is your expectation of time. I only buy the monthly card, I manage to get everything in HH because I play it often enough. I have spent no money on Clicker, managed to get the girl easily because I played enough hours (okay I also happened to have gotten Abrael due to the bug in the last event, but would've been able to do it without her too). Kinkoid design games to take a reasonable amount of time to get content, or you can speed it up with money. Your idea of only an hour a day doesn't match with Kinkoid's target for how much gameplay should be done to get the big reward.

That's why I say it's not aimed at you. They want people who are committing more time than that per day. Or your wallet. Either is fine.

I guess that's true. I'm mainly complaining because I enjoy their games, but think they're way too grindy. Okay, maybe my expectations are on the low side, but I think theirs is too high. For all we know, they'd make more money loosening things up because people will be able to justify "just one more girl" or whatever in HentaiHeroes for example.

Realistically, how much time did you spend getting Sa-Lee? Probably a HELL of a lot. I'm not sure how well Abrael compares to say, Mizuki. If she's anywhere close to how much better Sa-Lee is to Bunny, then Abrael was a huge advantage, but I wouldn't know. But it STILL had to be too hard from what I can tell. I imagine you spent all your event kobans on boosts?

I also do the monthly card on HH and I still don't think you can reasonably get all the event girls without paying way more. That last one... What was it, the Link girl, and... I forget the other one, but it basically took 40 combativity every day, PLUS like 2000 kobans just to get Link chick. I get it, they were both legendary, but that's a hell of a lot of money without monthly card and getting the 150 reward every day. And even during the current event, can one reasonable say that they can get every girl, or at least 4-5 out of 6 every time, when factoring in randomness of the pachinko? I'm not sure. I've had several "4 game" rolls in a row fail in the past, so I've mostly saved kobans for combativity during events or trying for event girls I want and skipping others. 

Also keep in mind I bought the intro offer and also several of the packages they offer when you reach a new world, but it still never feels like enough and everything is still incredibly time-consuming and grindy. RDR2 100% is probably quicker than these games tbh.

1 minute ago, TheBootyWarrior said:

I guess that's true. I'm mainly complaining because I enjoy their games, but think they're way too grindy. Okay, maybe my expectations are on the low side, but I think theirs is too high. For all we know, they'd make more money loosening things up because people will be able to justify "just one more girl" or whatever in HentaiHeroes for example.

Realistically, how much time did you spend getting Sa-Lee? Probably a HELL of a lot. I'm not sure how well Abrael compares to say, Mizuki. If she's anywhere close to how much better Sa-Lee is to Bunny, then Abrael was a huge advantage, but I wouldn't know. But it STILL had to be too hard from what I can tell. I imagine you spent all your event kobans on boosts?

I also do the monthly card on HH and I still don't think you can reasonably get all the event girls without paying way more. That last one... What was it, the Link girl, and... I forget the other one, but it basically took 40 combativity every day, PLUS like 2000 kobans just to get Link chick. I get it, they were both legendary, but that's a hell of a lot of money without monthly card and getting the 150 reward every day. And even during the current event, can one reasonable say that they can get every girl, or at least 4-5 out of 6 every time, when factoring in randomness of the pachinko? I'm not sure. I've had several "4 game" rolls in a row fail in the past, so I've mostly saved kobans for combativity during events or trying for event girls I want and skipping others.

Also keep in mind I bought the intro offer and also several of the packages they offer when you reach a new world, but it still never feels like enough and everything is still incredibly time-consuming and grindy. RDR2 100% is probably quicker than these games tbh.

Abrael is the best click girl in the game. She's more comparable to Felicia than she is to Sa-Lee. I purchased 0 boosters from the koban shop in order to complete the event, just reset a few times to get the click charm and rewards charm above 35. I then got up to stage 1800 and only really actively played every 40+ minutes when I used the powers to force my way past the boss stages. If I didn't have Abrael and had to rely upon Spring, probably would've had to put those charms above 50.

Well there's your expectations messing with you again. If you're a free player you shouldn't expect to get the paywalled content aka pachinko girls. For a free player in the classic and revival events, I consider getting the two girls on bosses and mission girl successful. I then save kobans purely for refills on Legendary Days/Epic Days, as these give the best value for koban spending if I want to try and acquire all girls. If I think I have a big enough stash of kobans to do so, then I might spend some excess on the Epic Pachinko x10. Never the event pachinko, the drop chance there is too low, I'll take my guarantee for less kobans than that pachinko costs on average.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, GeorgeMTO said:

Abrael is the best click girl in the game. She's more comparable to Felicia than she is to Sa-Lee. I purchased 0 boosters from the koban shop in order to complete the event, just reset a few times to get the click charm and rewards charm above 35. I then got up to stage 1800 and only really actively played every 40+ minutes when I used the powers to force my way past the boss stages. If I didn't have Abrael and had to rely upon Spring, probably would've had to put those charms above 50.

Well there's your expectations messing with you again. If you're a free player you shouldn't expect to get the paywalled content aka pachinko girls. For a free player in the classic and revival events, I consider getting the two girls on bosses and mission girl successful. I then save kobans purely for refills on Legendary Days/Epic Days, as these give the best value for koban spending if I want to try and acquire all girls. If I think I have a big enough stash of kobans to do so, then I might spend some excess on the Epic Pachinko x10. Never the event pachinko, the drop chance there is too low, I'll take my guarantee for less kobans than that pachinko costs on average.

Hentai heroes ( harem heroes) was never this hard. Ever.

On hentai heroes you have the chace of getting the event girl if you log in every day and you get the extra two event girls if you fight every day. 

You can get the girls.

The events for hentai clicker are awful. Yes you might be right. This game is for advanced players that spend a lot of money and players that spend the entire day playing non stop.

Im not sure why kinkoid has this type of mindset. The player base will never be as big as hentai heroes if they plan on hating on their players,

11 minutes ago, jyepie said:

Hentai heroes ( harem heroes) was never this hard. Ever.

Drop rates have been modified several times, have heard from multiple people that they didn't even know the bosses could drop girls for months of normal game play in the beginning. The drop rate in the first event was also quite awful. Unsure if they raised it by the second, wasn't playing back then, and my memory of conversations isn't certain.

This event is much easier than the last. I'd still expect a few balance changes to the next one.

2 minutes ago, GeorgeMTO said:

Drop rates have been modified several times, have heard from multiple people that they didn't even know the bosses could drop girls for months of normal game play in the beginning. The drop rate in the first event was also quite awful. Unsure if they raised it by the second, wasn't playing back then, and my memory of conversations isn't certain.

This event is much easier than the last. I'd still expect a few balance changes to the next one.

I can understand that a clicker game is gonnabe a little harder than a regular game like hentai heroes, but it looks like if you dont have a lot of the girls or use a lot of kobans then you cant win

In all the time i played hentai heroes, the events were never so hard.

Like i said, they give you a girl just for playing every day of the event...

26 minutes ago, jyepie said:

I can understand that a clicker game is gonnabe a little harder than a regular game like hentai heroes, but it looks like if you dont have a lot of the girls or use a lot of kobans then you cant win

In all the time i played hentai heroes, the events were never so hard.

Like i said, they give you a girl just for playing every day of the event...

It feels like you missed the point I was making. The events took a while to get to that point. The first one was much worse. You didn't play during the worse events (unsure at which point you did start to say how good they were, but they're certainly much improved now that we're in the shards system than when fighting bosses took 2 combativity points and levelling up was harder). HH took a long time to achieve this balance, you can't expect Clicker to start in perfection.

And as stated in other threads people have demonstrated that they could do it with only Bunny for idle power. It just takes longer. Put in time, and make intelligent decisions or don't get the big reward. There's still several little rewards along the way.

• Like 2

George already provided very good and detailed answers. I'll just add my own experience to that.

I have Abraëlle from the last event, and she's probably great for a click build, but I like to go full idle build with my clicker games, so I don't use her. For the longest time, since I don't have any of the OP Gacha girls, my main team was Bunny (DPS) and Estelle (Support). Now it's the same but with Felicia (DPS) and Megumi (Support), and a bit of Clara for extra juice. I was glad to see Sae-Lee was Idle, but unfortunately she's only slightly more powerful than Bunny, and not anywhere near Felicia's level (let alone Finalmecia or any of the other OP Gacha girls) for gameplay. However, her perks are insanely strong for an Idle build, so I'm very glad I got her and looking forward to upgrading her in the future.

For this event, I just re-rolled a few times until I had a couple of decent charms (generic Idle and generic Rewards in my case), then I re-rolled a few more times to get these two to a decent level. From there I just had to level up my two main girls regularly, give them a little help with the temporary buffs every half hour or so, and I got to the end slowly but surely. I'm 100% sure this would have been possible with Bunny and Estelle if I didn't have Felicia and Megumi, as this is how I got Abraëlle in the previous event. It would just have taken longer and/or more re-rolls to upgrade the charms more.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, DvDivXXX said:

George already provided very good and detailed answers. I'll just add my own experience to that.

I have Abraëlle from the last event, and she's probably great for a click build, but I like to go full idle build with my clicker games, so I don't use her. For the longest time, since I don't have any of the OP Gacha girls, my main team was Bunny (DPS) and Estelle (Support). Now it's the same but with Felicia (DPS) and Megumi (Support), and a bit of Clara for extra juice. I was glad to see Sae-Lee was Idle, but unfortunately she's only slightly more powerful than Bunny, and not anywhere near Felicia's level (let alone Finalmecia or any of the other OP Gacha girls) for gameplay. However, her perks are insanely strong for an Idle build, so I'm very glad I got her and looking forward to upgrading her in the future.

For this event, I just re-rolled a few times until I had a couple of decent charms (generic Idle and generic Rewards in my case), then I re-rolled a few more times to get these two to a decent level. From there I just had to level up my two main girls regularly, give them a little help with the temporary buffs every half hour or so, and I got to the end slowly but surely. I'm 100% sure this would have been possible with Bunny and Estelle if I didn't have Felicia and Megumi, as this is how I got Abraëlle in the previous event. It would just have taken longer and/or more re-rolls to upgrade the charms more.

What level did you get your idle charm? 

What was the level needed? 

4 minutes ago, jyepie said:

What level did you get your idle charm? 

What was the level needed? 

I don't remember exactly and the event being over I can't check again, but not that much. I dumped maybe 100K mojo or so in each charm and that was about it (re-rolled around Lvl 1000 or so a few times). I only really had to help them for the bosses, because of the super short timer (in the main game I have a minute and half per boss, so it's not a problem).

4 minutes ago, GeorgeMTO said:

Just for reference, the 3 class idle girls are actually worse than Bunny (you only want them for their perks), and Sa-Lee is better than Lupa is.

Fair enough, thanks for letting me know. Their perks are huge game changers, though. About Sa-Lee and Lupa, I suppose you meant another girl instead of one of the two? Sa-Lee is definitely weaker than Felicia in terms of Idle DPS, at the same level I get a lot more damage from Felicia. Do you mean Megumi is better than Lupa for Rewards? If so, that's also great to know, although Lupa's perks are insane as well.

1 hour ago, GeorgeMTO said:

It feels like you missed the point I was making. The events took a while to get to that point. The first one was much worse. You didn't play during the worse events (unsure at which point you did start to say how good they were, but they're certainly much improved now that we're in the shards system than when fighting bosses took 2 combativity points and levelling up was harder). HH took a long time to achieve this balance, you can't expect Clicker to start in perfection.

And as stated in other threads people have demonstrated that they could do it with only Bunny for idle power. It just takes longer. Put in time, and make intelligent decisions or don't get the big reward. There's still several little rewards along the way.

Ive been playing hentai heroes for 2 years. You could always get 2 girls from events at least. Usually all 3. Maybe i wasnt there at the beginning of hentai heroes. But i dont remember it ever being extremely hard. If that was the case i dont think i would have played for 2 years

And perhaps i didnt play this event correctly.

But i played every day as long as i was awake and i leveled up the idle charm up to 80, and leveled the click charm. 

I also used 6000 kobans on boosters.

I actually used my kobans and played every day. Yeah maybe i didnt do it right

But the fact that "there is a right way to win " where you have to level up the charms more than 100 and the fact that even after using 6000 kobansi could not win, should tell you this was too hard. 

Well, for newer players at least. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DvDivXXX said:

About Sa-Lee and Lupa, I suppose you meant another girl instead of one of the two?

No, I definitely mean Lupa and Sa-Lee, as they're both idle girls.

image.png.1cf234e0933f046e7198487731d03dfc.png

Lupa now exists between Bunny and Sa-Lee in terms of strength.

50 minutes ago, jyepie said:

perhaps i didnt play this event correctly.

You didn't. You wasted resources leveling both click and idle. You also likely took too long to reach the reasonable level. Most people finished off the last 200 or so levels without a reset, just using the powers to get through boss stage after boss stage. No boosters were required.

1 hour ago, GeorgeMTO said:

No, I definitely mean Lupa and Sa-Lee, as they're both idle girls.

Ah, I hadn't noticed that Lupa was Idle too! ^^ Given her perks I thought she specialized in Rewards. Thanks.

It's a bit counter-intuitive, honestly, like Sa-Lee being HC despite having KH perks, but it's not that big a deal.

Il y a 4 heures, jyepie a dit :

Ive been playing hentai heroes for 2 years. You could always get 2 girls from events at least. Usually all 3. Maybe i wasnt there at the beginning of hentai heroes. But i dont remember it ever being extremely hard. If that was the case i dont think i would have played for 2 years

New player of hantai heroes can't get the much gril since you need to have advanced enough in the story for some of them. For hentai clicker it's the same, it's more difficult to new player, in my eyes the events are more for old player to bring new things in the game.

14 hours ago, GeorgeMTO said:

Far as I'm concerned, every girl of the same tier eg rare, epic, legendary etc should have similar rate for dropping affection. I think I'd already mentioned how ridiculously tough it was to get "Link" from the last event in HH.

And like... I don't want to sit around playing Monday morning quarterback where I talk about how much better of a job I could have done, but I don't think you've done a great job of convincing me. HH is handled better than HentaiClicker, but I have to agree with @jyepie, they seem to hate on new players too much.

7 hours ago, Progress said:

New player of hantai heroes can't get the much gril since you need to have advanced enough in the story for some of them. For hentai clicker it's the same, it's more difficult to new player, in my eyes the events are more for old player to bring new things in the game.

Definitely. I remember they did Lupa, or some variation of her not that long ago. I was pissed that I hadn't made it to the forest yet. Fucking sucked..

26 minutes ago, TheBootyWarrior said:

Far as I'm concerned, every girl of the same tier eg rare, epic, legendary etc should have similar rate for dropping affection. I think I'd already mentioned how ridiculously tough it was to get "Link" from the last event in HH.

And like... I don't want to sit around playing Monday morning quarterback where I talk about how much better of a job I could have done, but I don't think you've done a great job of convincing me. HH is handled better than HentaiClicker, but I have to agree with @jyepie, they seem to hate on new players too much.

I'm not trying to convince you, your expectations aren't necessarily bad, they just don't fit this game. IF that's what you want from a game, I suggest seeking other games to experience it, instead of trying to change this one to fit your expectations.

I'm trying to convince the other people reading this that the expectations you're expressing aren't valid for the games Kinkoid are making.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, GeorgeMTO said:

I'm not trying to convince you, your expectations aren't necessarily bad, they just don't fit this game. IF that's what you want from a game, I suggest seeking other games to experience it, instead of trying to change this one to fit your expectations.

I'm trying to convince the other people reading this that the expectations you're expressing aren't valid for the games Kinkoid are making.

True, The games kinkoid are making are not for casual playing.

To win in this game you need to have the game open 24/7 on a laptop or something. In contests You need to constantly click and reset for 10 hours straight ( it stops being a "game" and it becomes a job at that point) 

Which is fine but i wish the game had a disclaimer about it. " treat this game as like a job and spend more than 10 hours daily clicking on events" 

Besides these games are pay to win games. They are easily winable if you spend a lot of money, if you get a lot of boosters you win easily. Simple. If you dont click 10 hours a day or spend a lot of money, dont even bother with events. 

Is this accurate or what? Am i getting the reality of the game so far? 

But like i said, with hentai heroes you didnt need to spend 10 hours constantly playing for events, henrai heroes makes you wait to fill the bars to play. The story advances slowly and boss fights make you wait to fill the fight bar. 

I guess the events of this game are only appropriate to players that can spend 5 days glued to the game daily 10 hours straight. 

Edited by jyepie

Just now, jyepie said:

Is this accurate or what? Am i getting tye reality of the game so far?

No. I spent far less than that on this event and was done in the first half. If you figure out what you're doing, you'll get it with way less time than that. Or perhaps you just need to spend some more time on the main game so you can get the better girls. Like was pointed out above, not every event in HH is achievable for a new player when the girls are put on Edwarda and Donatien ect. You need to spend some time advancing your game in order to achieve the event.

• Like 1

Figured I'd drop in my two cents as I'm one of the ones that beat the event with just bunny and estelle.  For full reference here's my post on the event thread.

Honestly not sure if that number on the rewards craft is right or not, I'm pretty sure it was close to 80 as well.  Anyways those are more or less what my stats were by the end of the event.  A little further down I clarify my playstyle was basically run the event for a few hours before/after work, hit the boosts every half hour or so, and by the time I hit level 1900 I wasn't even resetting anymore and just powering through.  I also reset and boosted the crafts hard on my days off.

Having said that and proved that the event can be beaten with the lowest possible team and crafts, here's some thoughts in general.

For one thing, the game in general needs an offline money earning mode.  Most clicker/idle games have this in some fashion.  Most game devs know it's a bit unrealistic to expect players to keep their game open and running 24/7.  Add onto the fact that HC is a strain for many machines to run.  Even on my good PC it takes a few minutes to boot up on.  In general HC needs more optimization to take the load off machines.  Making it so the animations can be toggled on and off would be a good idea, don't have to load animations should make the game run faster.  But this isn't what we want to talk about.  We want to talk about how to improve events and what's expected of players.

Even if the devs don't add an offline earnings feature to the game and expect players to leave it up and running while they sleep or at work, I feel the event does need to be tweeked more in the players favor still.  Not by a lot, but enough to give someone that beat the event with 2 days to spare, say an extra 1 or 2 days using the same playstyle.  Just a bit more of a buffer while still having to play actively for over half the event time if they have none of the best girls or crafts.

Another thing to consider, and this has been brought up a few times, is what to do for long term players as the game goes on.  You want to keep the event accessible to new players, but keep the veterans from complaining how easy every event has become as they gather girls.  So the common suggestion is put the girl at level 2000 (with a bit of difficulty balance on how difficult it is to get her)  and then have rewards that you get after the girl as well.  Kobans would be what everyone would want, but I think everyone at this point still needs hearts for their harem girls as well.

Side note, didn't know Abrael is so good for a click build, kinda wish I'd done that now, but it's probably just as well I didn't.  Thanks for the info george.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1