Equipment folly

Pelinor

On the left is the 2.3 million "improvement," while on the right is what I have if I had left things alone. The bottom line is a decrease in ego and combativity using the equipment, which appeared to be an improvement. Because of the cost, I am holding on to the equipment. I hope it will benefit my player after one or two increases in level. I do not expect this to be the case, but the alternative to write off the money spent, which I am loathed to do.

This has mostly to do with not knowing how battle stats are determined.
For instance; endurance = endurance_stats + 5 * main_stat + 2 * secondary_stat.
So for your "improvement", you actually lost 5*132=660 endurance together with the 132 attack loss.
The endurance loss is slightly dampened by the 2*27 from the secondary stat and 16 from the endurance stat, which means that all in all you lost 660 - 54 - 16 = 580 endurance.
Ego = endurance + 11 * main_stat_alpha_girl (hers, not yours), so you lost 580 ego with that.
This is the calculation without club bonuses applied to it (I don't know them for you, but club bonuses explain the differences in my calculations and the actual differences).

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Pelinor said:

So, if I understand @Chthugha correctly, this item will benefit my player provided I don't find anything better after the character advances another 3-4levels. In gameplay, that is a long time to wait before my "investment" potentially pays off.

Not exactly. Chthugha provided you with the exact calculations of how this item affects you. So, from the moment you saw this

2 hours ago, Pelinor said:

hh-eye-patch.png

you could see that this is a good deal for Charm and Knowhow player, but a bad one for Hardcore player. Judging by the changes, it seems you're a Hardcore player. So it was a poor investment to begin with.

Here's a wiki article which explains Battle Stats in detail. (section: "Battle Stats and Where They Come From")

https://harem-battle.club/wiki/Harem-Heroes/HH:Battle

• Thanks 1