4 hours ago, EdMuse said:

Make that twice, today.

not had the problem in HC for a while but not been playing as much since level is now caped, have come across it in other games occasionally like cuntwars but that seemed to be caused by a 3rd party website due to the shared data across multiple games. Still haven't come across any easy fixes on any of the forums, I think it's just something they have to fix rather than anything we can do unfortunately.

6 hours ago, maxafax said:

I think it's just something they have to fix rather than anything we can do unfortunately.

Yeah, exactly.  In fact, that's why I keep posting in this thread on occasion, both to see if there's been any progress and to try to keep them aware that it's still a problem.  I've made some other suggestions, but this is something that absolutely has to get fixed.

4 hours ago, mrttao said:

64GB of ram here, keep on getting this message. It is quite clear that there is a memory leak somewhere

That's one serious chunk of RAM, there! :D But I suspect -- though my suspicion may be completely unfounded -- that this is referring to graphics memory, not system RAM.  Hard to believe and web-based game could actually fill my 16GB, much less your 64GB!  But I've got 6GB on my graphics card, and that might be within the realm of possibility.  In fact, it might be a combination of the two.  I think my graphics card, beyond that 6GB, also shares RAM up to another 8GB if necessary.  TBH, I haven't looked into this, so I'm not sure.  But if this is the case, I feel really bad for anyone trying to run this game with Intel on-board graphics and nothing but shared graphics memory!

Just out of morbid curiosity, how much graphics memory do you have, how much are you running the game, and how often are you getting the error?  I've basically been running it all the time, and I get the error once or twice, daily.

43 minutes ago, EdMuse said:

That's one serious chunk of RAM, there! :D But I suspect -- though my suspicion may be completely unfounded -- that this is referring to graphics memory, not system RAM.  Hard to believe and web-based game could actually fill my 16GB, much less your 64GB!  But I've got 6GB on my graphics card, and that might be within the realm of possibility.  In fact, it might be a combination of the two.  I think my graphics card, beyond that 6GB, also shares RAM up to another 8GB if necessary.  TBH, I haven't looked into this, so I'm not sure.  But if this is the case, I feel really bad for anyone trying to run this game with Intel on-board graphics and nothing but shared graphics memory!

Just out of morbid curiosity, how much graphics memory do you have, how much are you running the game, and how often are you getting the error?  I've basically been running it all the time, and I get the error once or twice, daily.

on average I find edge uses around 1.9GB of which 1.7gb is HC and 153mb webgl bug reporting and feedback HC. Something you can try is removing any addons that are installed if you are using edge because for some weird reason even when they are not active they are loaded I did this on mind and my memory usage went down to a few hundred MB instead of GB

Edited by maxafax

4 hours ago, maxafax said:

Something you can try is removing any addons that are installed if you are using edge because for some weird reason even when they are not active they are loaded I did this on mind and my memory usage went down to a few hundred MB instead of GB

Interesting.  But I'm running Chrome.  And in fact, I'm running a fresh download of it on a brand new machine, so no add-ons, either.  On my old machine, I regularly saw the game using as much as 4GB, or even more.  And while I can see from your other posts in this thread, clearly you're more knowledgeable about this than I am.  But I was just wondering: you're getting those memory figures from the Task Manager, right?  So that's RAM, I assume.  What's your take on this error coming up when you run out of graphics memory, rather than it being a matter of filling your RAM?

3 minutes ago, EdMuse said:

But I'm running Chrome.

Oops!  My mistake!  Meant to say I'm running the game in Firefox.  And it's vanilla, too, no add-ons at all.  For some reason there's six iterations of Firefox in the task manager, even though I currently have only three tabs open.  Don't know what iteration is doing what, but I'm totaling about 1885GB for all of them.

Edited by EdMuse

58 minutes ago, EdMuse said:

iteration is doing what,

I am assuming by literation's you mean a number at side of the fire fox application in the list that task manager shows such as Firefox (6). If so the number represents the sub processes as well as the main application JIT compiler, webGL module etc I don't use fire fox anymore haven't since win7 so cant be exact on what it loads up. I don't usually use task manager I normaly use performance monitor (right click windows icon / press RUN / Type msconfig / select tools / Performance Monitor / Performance [ top option in list] / Open resource monitor [blue link in the information panel]) this will give you a more detailed overview as well as disk usage. If I am understanding you correctly you are asking if it is a physical memory problem or a GFX card one as In the modules you fit into your machine or the ones that come pre soldered onto your GFX card (GPU). I'm no expert on WebGL unity but from what I have read across the multiple forums the memory leakage appears to be caused when the direct access memory stack is not cleared that is to say that as commands and images stack up in your memory ready for your CPU to process them the space allocated is not being emptied as such it has to keep assigning new memory addresses thus increasing the amount of memory used. Which if I understand correctly is a physical memory problem rather than a GPU one. There's quite a bit of info on the forum.unity.com threads if you search WebGL memory leek there are other sites as well https://blogs.unity3d.com/2016/09/20/understanding-memory-in-unity-webgl/   may help a little but it is all quite complicated and as far as I can tell no one has a solution to problem as yet

Very cool, thanks.  Your explanation makes perfect sense.  One clarification: are you saying this is a problem with WebGL, rather than specifically with HC?

And thanks for the tip about Performance Monitor -- also very cool!  Plenty of information to be had, there.  BTW, it can be run directly from the Run window, much like msconfig can, by just typing perfmon.  Or you can do the same thing right in the Win10 search field by typing either perfmon or Performance Monitor.  That will also find Resource Monitor for you, as will typing perfmon.exe /res (yes, including that odd extra space!) into the run window.

BTW, my default browser is Chrome (hence the mistake in my post, above), since it's the recommended browser for most of the systems at work.  I pretty much only use Firefox, now, for HC, so that I can just leave it running most of the time and not have to worry about using that browser for anything else.

7 hours ago, EdMuse said:

Ys I know it can be run directly from /run just thought that msconfig is a good app as it houses many useful tools you can also find it in start under windows admin. It is a problem with both WebGL and HC, there are some things that it is not good at that are causing problems for many programmers but this is not helped by some programmers not implementing the coding in the correct manor. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, loreim said:

Bump on this issue.

I have been getting this issue as well since the update that was released near 29th of January.

I tried to contact support and received no response from them.

When will this get fixed?

probably around the same time they increase the maximum cap