Contests (feedback)

Pelinor

Since the start of the new "one contest per day" system, I have managed to place 2nd in precisely one of them. It has nothing to do with my expertise or lack thereof but rather the luck of the draw with all but two of the contests dealing with things I could not control (you cannot level up or give experience to girls already maxed out). I sense a pressure to perform, which also results in more activity in the daily contests (I count this as a good thing even if it makes winning more difficult).

3 hours ago, Pelinor said:

Since the start of the new "one contest per day" system, I have managed to place 2nd in precisely one of them. It has nothing to do with my expertise or lack thereof but rather the luck of the draw with all but two of the contests dealing with things I could not control (you cannot level up or give experience to girls already maxed out). I sense a pressure to perform, which also results in more activity in the daily contests (I count this as a good thing even if it makes winning more difficult).

Won a few, lost many, usually lose rankings because I'm not around when they end (it has nothing to do with my expertise or lack thereof but rather that I sleep).

Feel a lack of diversity and strategy, due to the shorter contest periods. Would be nice/useful to know which contest would be coming next too, if possible.

• Like 1

Last night I noticed another thing about the one contest per day which I had not thought of before. Since there is only one contest, P2P and F2P players are pitted against each other. In contests where kobans can make a difference, the results are no contest. I have not seen any new contests yet, but from what I have seen the new or free player will be doing good to place in the top five and have almost no chance to actually win.

28 minutes ago, Pelinor said:

Last night I noticed another thing about the one contest per day which I had not thought of before. Since there is only one contest, P2P and F2P players are pitted against each other. In contests where kobans can make a difference, the results are no contest. I have not seen any new contests yet, but from what I have seen the new or free player will be doing good to place in the top five and have almost no chance to actually win.

This is no different from when there was 3 contests at once. P2w (not p2p, that doesn't exist in this game) players are free to win any contest of their choosing.

6 minutes ago, GeorgeMTO said:

This is no different from when there was 3 contests at once. P2w (not p2p, that doesn't exist in this game) players are free to win any contest of their choosing.

I was referring to Paying2Play, which applies to both of us (though from the real world money standpoint it looks like you have me outclassed). The difference is with three contests, a player's resources might be split between the games. This possibility allowed a player who focused on one contest to have a better chance of winning. There is no longer such a distinction as everyone focuses on the only game in town.

5 minutes ago, ~Crown Clown said:

Contest are getting shitter the more i level up, im meeting people at my level that already played since 2017 and on jackson's crew, so i have no way to win combats contests, pretty frustrating tbh

I would say the odds are worse, but not impossible. They may have been playing longer, but if a new girl they want shows up in one of the frequent events held by Grunt (for example), then your odds improve.

3 minutes ago, Pelinor said:

I would say the odds are worse, but not impossible. They may have been playing longer, but if a new girl they want shows up in one of the frequent events held by Grunt (for example), then your odds improve.

I felt it in these past three days with continous combats missions in a revival, means they might have gotten the girls there already, so😫😫

And now there's an epic days with koro sensei and jackson, so no way to win again i guess

9 minutes ago, Pelinor said:

I was referring to Paying2Play, which applies to both of us (though from the real world money standpoint it looks like you have me outclassed). The difference is with three contests, a player's resources might be split between the games. This possibility allowed a player who focused on one contest to have a better chance of winning. There is no longer such a distinction as everyone focuses on the only game in town.

I was aware of what you meant by p2p, however it doesn't apply to this game by the general definition of the English speaking internet. Paying 2 play, refers to games where you HAVE to pay in order to play them, ie no free option exists. That is not the case here, as you even mentioned f2p in your same comment. Pay to win is what exists in f2p games where money can get you an advantage.

And in over 2 1/2 years of gameplay I've only bought things other than the monthly card twice, so if you're also a spender, I'm not largely outclassing you there.

Sure, but they could've also been with 3 different opponents (one per contest) who chose to focus on the one contest they had with the player such that they also couldn't win. The situation isn't new. The likelihood of it occurring? Sure that's probably a bit higher, but it's not a new situation.

• Like 1

i and my club recognized that all player get every day the same contest. thats pretty fair cus now do all players have the same time between 2 exp contests and so do we have the same time to save books or to save epic orbs for a pachinko contest.

But however, this concept is not mature yet! I mean we got now 5 days in range contests with fights vs villains... (actually not exact the same contest, one was with arena fights another with energy spent) So i think the percentage chance about wich contest comes should be revised. may is it an option to reduce the chance to get the same contest again in a week?

• Like 1