Disappearing Bundles

Caradog

I purchased the 'Admittance of The Dead' bundle earlier toady; I enjoyed the results &, as the bundle was still showing as available for another day or two after I had used-up all of the energy, etc. in the bundle, i had intended to purchase it again but i now find that the bundle has disappeared. This isn't the first time that an appealing bundle has disappeared: when i purchased my Monthly Pass a similar bundle (a mixture of fights, energy, equipment & kobans offered at an appealing mark-down) which i had intended to purchase immediately after i had bought the pass - i would've bought both in the same transaction but, as far as i can tell, one can only purchase one item at a time - also mysteriously disappeared. Is this a bug or is it intentional? & if it is the latter then, given that it reduces the chances of users spending money in the game, I'm struggling to get my head around the rationale behind the decision.

Edited by Bruce Buttfucker
typo

The bundle was still available when I returned to Town/the home screen so if it wasn't supposed to be there in the first place then that probably explains why it suddenly disappeared. I'm still puzzled by the disappearance of the other, similar bundle (possibly another World Bundle -- I'm pretty new to the game so not yet au fait the terminology, etc.) i mentioned though. Surely the purchase of a Monthly Card wouldn't have rendered me ineligible to purchase the bundle?!

11 minutes ago, Bruce Buttfucker said:

I'm still puzzled by the disappearance of the other, similar bundle (possibly another World Bundle -- I'm pretty new to the game so not yet au fait the terminology, etc.) i mentioned though. Surely the purchase of a Monthly Card wouldn't have rendered me ineligible to purchase the bundle?!

Do you remember when that happened? There was a series of bundles around Christmas time which didn't show an expiration timer for some reason, so those seemed to disappear unexpectedly. Normally all bundles come with clearly advertised purchase deadlines (typically 96 hours from when they appeared, except for some themed offers).

Edit: Just to be sure, you don't have an overzealous ad blocker or something, right? We've had rare cases where those were blocking the display of the bundle buttons on the town page.

Edited by _shal_

16 minutes ago, _shal_ said:

Do you remember when that happened? There was a series of bundles around Christmas time which didn't show an expiration timer for some reason, so those seemed to disappear unexpectedly. Normally all bundles come with clearly advertised purchase deadlines (typically 96 hours from when they appeared, except for some themed offers).

Yes, I still have the conformation email for the Monthly Card so I can tell you exactly when it happened: I bought my (first ever) Monthly Card on 15/02 (so 5 days ago); the purchase time given in the email is 13:28. I was going to purchase the bundle immediately after I had bought the Monthly Card but as soon as I had completed the transaction & returned to Town/the home screen the bundle had disappeared. The bundle i had intended to purchase still had a significant amount of time left on it. As far as I'm aware I'm not running an ad blocker all of the games ads & other offers seem to show up.

Edited by Bruce Buttfucker
missing info

On 2/20/2020 at 4:03 PM, Bruce Buttfucker said:

The bundle was still available when I returned to Town/the home screen so if it wasn't supposed to be there in the first place then that probably explains why it suddenly disappeared. I'm still puzzled by the disappearance of the other, similar bundle (possibly another World Bundle -- I'm pretty new to the game so not yet au fait the terminology, etc.) i mentioned though. Surely the purchase of a Monthly Card wouldn't have rendered me ineligible to purchase the bundle?!

Update: After I purchased the Magic Forest World Bundle today the bundle was still showing as available so, in order to see what would happen, i went to purchase it again & was prevented from doing so &, after logging out & logging back in, the bundle no longer showed as available; in light of what _shal_ posted earlier re: World Bundles, I now suspect that this is what would've happened had I have attempted to purchase the Admittance of The Dead bundle for second time. I'm still puzzled by, & a tad annoyed with, the bundle that disappeared immediately after i bought my monthly card though.