Hentai Clicker takes a whole CPU Core ! WTF ???

Hi,

I just noticed that Hentai Clicker takes a whole CPU core to run...

Are you serious ?

This is very bad for laptop computers, and cause heat-related problem on desktop computer (fan noise, heat in small rooms, etc.).

A small game like Hentai Clicker does not need this much ressources !

Cordially,

• 3 weeks later...

I don't think it is so much "don't want to" as in "incapable off". The game is more or less just an image gallery connected to a counter that goes up depending on a few variables, yet it takes that much power/cpu. That while the game is hardwired to not allow over a certain amounts of numerical increases, as one can spot without issue if  you have a high start level of your girls and reset. 10H of dmg should bring you past the first 1000 levels in one go, but the game still percisit in showing each and every girl. (2 of them, resized and with diffrent face/hair) but still the same, as to save on the load on the artist/cost of production.

There is also the fact that the game is currently locked at level 13000, due to a bug that makes the whole thing crash once you go past that point. It is almost as if they used a big varaiable to store the dmg, and once it gets full the whole thing comes crashing down. ( I doubt it is something as simple as that, because then I wonder what the programers are doing, more so than before... but it still makes you wonder.)

Add to this that the game leaks like a soda-can used for target practice by the whole american army, causing it to crash after a few hours, no matter what type of computer you run it on, and has been doing so since beta, and you got a pretty good summery of what is going on.

Oh, I forgot to mention the puzzle minigame, the one that is like a flash game from 1995, you know, the one that comes with new bugs each and every time?

All of it adds up to that they need to either A: Redo everything from scratch since it is a bug ridden mess. Or B: Hire a programmer.

Problem is, what brings people to the game isn't the game, but the images. Investing money is quite easy, you either invest it into things that brings you more money, or you invest it into something that can bring you money in the long run. And if EA and Blizzard has taught us anything, it is that investing into the short term gain is what game companies do.

It looks like they have gone with open A, rebuilding everything, as they are soon to launch "Super Hentai Clicker", but me, I have my doubts. I don't think they solved shit, I just think they increased the times you want to press the reset button, making the time it takes to get to same old bug as before, take a bit longer. After all, if you can't have all the girls you collected do dmg, it will take much longer untill the dmg variable is filled over it's capacity... but that is just a thought... I can be totaly wrong, and most likley is... but you have to agree that it at least looks like this a bit, from the outside.

• Like 2

well, game development is more complex than u think
especially when u patch it all the time and try to keep game as good as possible
i care abot my pc and its not the "best one" that i worked on but still somehow i can play game witout any problem
ofcourse game is demanding for pc's and may have some performance issues especially for those more "wooden"(xd) computers 
as a recommendation go and clear a cache or something cause a lot of times a problem lays by user side not the page/game administrator 

I gave up trying to play on laptop long time ago, as when I could get it to load it would crash sooner rather than later. They have admitted that they have had difficulty finding someone to work on game due to covid19 and they have been working on super "upgrade". 

It reminds of the Star Trek episode where they shut down the computer by getting it to calculate pi. If they haven't solved the issue of doing simple maths with long numbers by that far in the future, it must not be such an easy problem to crack! 

• 1 month later...

Little observation

When i open site and game starts loading,in some point it slows to halt but memoryusage/cpu goes up up up and away,game loads and starts but its very,very slow.

So,what i tryed is clicked refresh and clicked refresh every time loading got slow,UNTIL about 3-5 retrys it loads game normal speed all the way and use only about third memory/cpu compared to earlier.Now i do this every time i login to game.

So,my guess is,that there is a bug in loading system/code that makes game uberslow if loading dont go as planned.(didnt old windows have same problem?)

yours:ted

Interesting fact :

graphic assets are not enough (or not at all) optimized.

For example take a look at this splash picture with alpha. Optimized size should be only a third of original picture weight, without any quality loss.

As for a procedural clicker, a big lot of assets may be of this kind (RGBA pictures).

image.thumb.png.e6464e796e2f0e9130f9819ad151d715.png

• Like 3