Frequency of Legendary Items Appearing in Market?

ali-n

A discussion in my club chat had a couple people noting the rarity of legendary equipment in the market. I thought this a bit odd, since I see one every couple weeks or so (I think the longest without, for me, was a little over three weeks). The others said they go months without seeing one, and one poor guy has reach level 124 without ever seeing one! So I am now wondering if I've had unique luck, or if others are also seeing items regularly? Has anyone paid attention to this?

Edited by ali-n
grammar

19 hours ago, GeorgeMTO said:

So he's what, played for one week?

Okay, I took a look at his profile and one week is exactly how long that person has been playing... so I now feel somewhat foolish and very confused.

I do not recall getting to that high a level in so short a time. I think I was gaining levels every two days or so... I believe it was over four months for me to get into the hundreds.

What the heck is going on?

3 hours ago, ali-n said:

Okay, I took a look at his profile and one week is exactly how long that person has been playing... so I now feel somewhat foolish and very confused.

I do not recall getting to that high a level in so short a time. I think I was gaining levels every two days or so... I believe it was over four months for me to get into the hundreds.

What the heck is going on?

They changed the exp calculations several months back such that the relative EXP earned at low levels is way higher to help players get from the early game to the mid game much faster than before. This also combined with several reductions in the energy spending in the early worlds that still give heaps of experience, mean a player rushes through the early levels. I believe in another thread there was evidence it's a little over 6 months to get to level 300 nowadays.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, GeorgeMTO said:

They changed the exp calculations several months back such that the relative EXP earned at low levels is way higher to help players get from the early game to the mid game much faster than before. This also combined with several reductions in the energy spending in the early worlds that still give heaps of experience, mean a player rushes through the early levels. I believe in another thread there was evidence it's a little over 6 months to get to level 300 nowadays.

Yikes! It took me three times that long, and I am still learning things about the game. Legendary Items in the Market cost more than getting them via the Great Pachinko, but at least in the Market, you can see what you are getting.

32 minutes ago, GeorgeMTO said:

Whew. For a sec I thought I was experiencing some kind of cognitive dissonance. Thank you for straightening that out for me.