Chapter 4 Story

jay533

Not sure if this is a bug or intended, but the Chapter 4 story doesn't seem to have any progression, the only story thing just repeats the end of Chapter 3 where the elf priestess asks to join the harem. I'm asking to confirm because I had a very similar issue when transitioning from Chapter 3 to Chapter 3 where the story didn't actually update until I reset the cache and reloaded. I've done the same thing for Chapter 4, but I'm not entirely convinced since during the huge lag spike at the beginning of Chapter 4 the story just replayed the 3 scenes in chapter 3 (going to the basement, purifying the demons, aftermath/final scene).

2 hours ago, jay533 said:

Not sure if this is a bug or intended, but the Chapter 4 story doesn't seem to have any progression, the only story thing just repeats the end of Chapter 3 where the elf priestess asks to join the harem. I'm asking to confirm because I had a very similar issue when transitioning from Chapter 3 to Chapter 3 where the story didn't actually update until I reset the cache and reloaded. I've done the same thing for Chapter 4, but I'm not entirely convinced since during the huge lag spike at the beginning of Chapter 4 the story just replayed the 3 scenes in chapter 3 (going to the basement, purifying the demons, aftermath/final scene).

Same thing is happening with me And Sonico its the blonde one for me

Can anyone else who's gotten to Chapter 4 say what the state of their story is? Attached is the only story thing for my Chapter 4. The popup for the next "story stage" just says to go to the next chapter, like its the ending of a chapter.

16 hours ago, Drako76 said:

Same thing is happening with me And Sonico its the blonde one for me

14 hours ago, DuoIz said:

Yeah huge lag spike, and then the story felt as it went totaly bananas.

Is this the same screen for you guys?

Capture.JPG

Edited by jay533
some info

1 hour ago, jay533 said:

Can anyone else who's gotten to Chapter 4 say what the state of their story is? Attached is the only story thing for my Chapter 4. The popup for the next "story stage" just says to go to the next chapter, like its the ending of a chapter.

So that IS the end of that Chapter, but there is lead up to it. I don't know how much I'm allowed to say, without getting slapped with spoilers, but believe me when I say I ran through Chapter 4 (had the same issue), and that is the final scene of that Chapter.

12 hours ago, malleusdei said:

You completely redesign HC without warning and it's buggy as all hell. There are those of us who spent actual, real world, money on this game who cannot advance past Chapter 4 of this new clusterfuck. Fix this shit NOW

The "new" version has been in dev for about half a year, and there has been a test server for I don't know how long, not to mention a splash screen for about 2 months, so without warrning, I don't know. Buggy as hell part though, that one I can agree with.

As for the fact that you can't get past chapter 4, that isn't strange. There is no chapter 5, just a placeholder lock-icon on the map.